Options

Has PJ ever made you cry?

Comments

• Options
    BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 1,002
    Yes it has & in the very near future it will again & lots of it. Thanks my little mate for being the best friend i ever had :(
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • Options
    yes! THE END
  • Options
    Off He Goes.... hits me hard every time. :cry:
    all that I am, all I'll be...
  • Options
    WhoopWhoop Posts: 31
    Yes.

Much how you end up liking a different song more depending on your mood, it's the same with the songs that make you cry.

Songs that made me tear up as a teenager don't today, unless I hear them live.

Right now, the one makes me have a hard time keeping me composed is "Just Breathe". Though it also depends the headspace I'm in.

I always try to fight it though. :lol:
  • Options
    Last night, PJ20, Release & Better Man.
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    Last night at PJ20 I teared up during Release, and held them back for Betterman.

I relate very well to release and all I could think about was my mom the whole time. If they play it Sunday, I may just tear up again for sure.
  • Options
    Yes! When they played for the first time in Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, 2005. Songs Alive and Black.
  • Options
    Black and Unthought Known. Every single time...
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    The End

their rendition of REM's "It Happened Today" 9/21/11
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    yes, im a little bitch....comeback, parachutes, ARC!, light years, release...to name a few...
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I am a fairly emotional person, and have been know to cry at the tele let alone anything else... but I often find it easier to cry at that then at very personal stuff. British stiff upper lip and all that.

However, PJ has made me cry, most recently in Canada esp in Toronto (Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns night 1. Light Years night 2, that's without including the film screening), in Berlin last year I cried loads, Light Years, Come Back, Black - that was a very emotional gig on so many levels.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    Ya, I had to hold them back a little during the movie screening. Just looking back on the past 20 years is a lot to take in. Its hard to put a finger on it, but ya the emotion is definitely there.

And at PJ20 also during release that was amazing and also during Nothingman...that gets me every time
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    Come back, Black and All or none are really hard to listen to without me being on the brink of tears ...
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    During Unemployable, this line always gets me:

"Thinking if he can't sleep, how will he ever dream?"

Just the way he delivers it as part of the story is amazing.
  • Options
    AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    When PJ20 opened with release. Tears were just streaming down my face and I didn't care... :cry:

Also when I watch Release from Santiago in 2005 on you tube and Ed with his baritone hits that high note and then still takes it to another level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx_yiuO2ro4# at 3:31
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • Options
    I almost can't listen to PJ without crying now!

My girlfriend and I were together through thick and thin for almost 9 years!

We got engaged on the 22nd of May 2010, a good day!

She passed away on the 22nd of June 2010, a bad day!

Just 3 days before the hyde park gig, in London! Black was blearing out of the laptop speakers when I came home from work and found her, she was looking forward to the gig as much as anyone.

Just one of those things! Many friends said they were in bits during songs of the hyde park set! My brother came to london to be with me and missed the gig in Belfast, but his friend crowd surfed during Rearview Mirror in my fiancees honor! It's strange the things people think of in these times! Exactly 3.47 she is pulled from the crowd here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XlLvCdZ ... re=related

PJ has helped me through a difficult time, many songs have suited my emotions at different times! They all have a certain significance! I'm on a bit of a mini mission to have them dedicated Rearview Mirror to Kat Black at some point,it was her favorite song and cause I know she's still watching, and I live in hope because " sometimes you're there
    And you're talking back to me
    Come the morning I could swear you're next to me"

but that's that's life, and people have it worse than me!
    So i really should shut up!!
    Dublin, Ireland, The Point, Jun 01, 2000
    Dublin, Ireland, The Point, Aug 23, 2006
    London, England, Wembley Arena, Jun 18, 2007
    London, UK, O2 Arena, Aug 18, 2009
    Manchester, M.E.N. Arena, June 20, 2012
    Manchester, M.E.N. Arena, June 21, 2012
    Leeds, First Direct Arena, July 8, 2014

Eddie
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, 30 July, 2012
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, 31 July, 2012
    London, Hammersmith Apollo, June 7, 2017

No need to be void,... or save up on life... You got to spend it all.....
  • Options
    Too many times to list
  • Options
    "Man of the Hour". Three years ago today, my father passed away in a car accident, and I read the lyrics as part of his eulogy, and it still makes me tear up. Just got this tattoo done on Friday. He was our "Big Fish". Miss you Dad.
    brad%20151b.jpg
    14 year wait, what a campfire!

Saskatoon '05, Chicago HOB '05, Toronto 1 & 2 '06, Chicago 1 & 2 '09, Winnipeg '11, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Edmonton '11, Calgary '13
  • Options
    When I was in high school, I went on this retreat that we were required to go on. The leaders of the retreats would give emotional speeches and end it with a song. One leader gave a very emotional speech, which didn't bring me to tears but then he ended with 'Given To Fly' and thats where it got me.
    A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw. Delivered him wings, "Hey, look at me now"

Lollapalooza Grant Park,Chicago,IL August 5,2007
    PJ20 Alpine Valley,East Troy,WI September 3,2011
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    So many songs have made me cry... it does depend on my mood though
    but some that spring to mind are

Black and All or None - the ones that make me cry the most
    Nothingman
    Immortality
    Inside Job
    Gone
    Man of the hour
    Release

And I guess you can throw Chrown of Thorns in there too.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    deepenbluedeepenblue Brussels Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    Yes, of course! Many times, many songs...

I am very conscience of the songs that made me cry and I have a very good recollection of the moments as well.

First time in concert, November 96 in Amsterdam during Black.

Last time in Berlin, June 30th 2010 during Come back... after Eddie's own pain expressed in held tears... :´( and you could feel there was a collective pain as well among the ones aware, but his pain was so puncturing you could feel it almost as your own...

Other songs that made me cry more than once in different moments/contexts (while walking, or listening to them alone in darkness at night, or while trying to survive tough stuff :

Rearviewmirror, I am mine, Thumbing my way, Given to fly!, Guarantee, Porch, Alive, Release, Garden, Arc, Indifference, Corduroy, Whipping, 1/2 Full, I got shit, Hail hail...

Also other songs had washed me in tears of beauty and joy in many other beautiful moments...

But i could say most of them from the last albums, 5-6-7 of Backspacer, Into the Wild, and Ukulele songs..

But I remember one specially as if it is happening right now in front of my eyes: my daughter when she was a 2 years-old baby, singing and dancing "It's Evolution Baby..." :´)

All of those moments have the grace and beauty of being very intimate and lonesome instants, that nobody notice them...
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-am-a-PE ... 7263682409
    Post edited by deepenblue on
  • Options
    6/18/03- Light Years Tag (my very first show, btw)

"I call for you....no one's gonna come...when I dream of you, ya....you're in my heart."

:cry::cry:

http://www.pearljambootlegs.org/modules ... 3D&ext.m3u
  • Options
    Sinnamin_GrrlSinnamin_Grrl Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    Uh, yeah.

Me and my soulmate have had some problem(s). 15 years later as we live apart now heartbroken and troubled by society's pull, it's apparent that there really IS true love in this world. I could sit here and ramble on about all the crap, all the moving around phyisically dragging our problems through our fine counrtry of Canada and imposing them om others to make a point to each other. But the truth is. WE never left. I love him. He love's me. Yep, we love the lyric and vibe that is Pearl Jam. Truthfully, it's followed US throughout the years, I even have a PJ Tat. (btw, as much as he loves PJ, he hates the tat). I could steal hundreds of lyrics to make a point here, but I wont steal 1 to tell you all that each and every one of them, ANY one of them can make me cry on a whim, a "single" listen can turn me to the weakest woman on the earth. I love this band, thier time, and everything it represents for me. Not only do I cry, but I smile while im doing it.
    Chicago, IL Aug 20'16
    Columbia, SC Apr 21'16
    Greenville, SC Apr 16'16
    Mexico City, MEX Nov 28'15
    Denver, CO Oct 22'14
    St. Paul, MN Oct 19'14
    Chicago, IL (Wrigley) Jul 19'13
    London, ON Canada Jul 16 '13
    Winnipeg, MB Sep 17 '11
    East Troy, WI (Alpine Valley) on Sep 4 '11 & Sep 5'11
    Philly PA (Spectrum) Oct 30 '09
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 25'09
    (Eddie Vedder Solo) Van BC Apr 2'08
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 22'06
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 23'06
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 2'05
    Vancouver, BC Canada July 19'98
    Gimli, MB Canada (SUNFEST) - Aug 14'93
  • Options
    Sinnamin_GrrlSinnamin_Grrl Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    and then there's Release. Daddy issues tend to be prevelent in our era and this Fuckin song...
    Chicago, IL Aug 20'16
    Columbia, SC Apr 21'16
    Greenville, SC Apr 16'16
    Mexico City, MEX Nov 28'15
    Denver, CO Oct 22'14
    St. Paul, MN Oct 19'14
    Chicago, IL (Wrigley) Jul 19'13
    London, ON Canada Jul 16 '13
    Winnipeg, MB Sep 17 '11
    East Troy, WI (Alpine Valley) on Sep 4 '11 & Sep 5'11
    Philly PA (Spectrum) Oct 30 '09
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 25'09
    (Eddie Vedder Solo) Van BC Apr 2'08
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 22'06
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 23'06
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 2'05
    Vancouver, BC Canada July 19'98
    Gimli, MB Canada (SUNFEST) - Aug 14'93
  • Options
    pjman13pjman13 Posts: 15
    I have never let real tears come out, but these times were as close to crying as I get.

Indifference in Chicago 2006
    Wash at PJ20 2011
    Crown of Thorns in Toronto 2011
    East Troy,WI - June 21, 2003
    Chicago,IL - May 16 & 17, 2006
    Chicago,IL - August 23 & 24, 2009
    East Troy,WI (PJ20) - September 3 & 4, 2011
    Toronto,ON - September 11 &12, 2011
    Chicago, IL - July 19, 2013
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Last night,Nothing as it seems from Edmonton 05
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    Opening with Release at Boston 2010....tears were flowing
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    TinAntTinAnt Posts: 343
    Every time I listen to Sleight of Hand from Calgary in 05, best performance from the band of the decade.
  • Options
    TinAnt wrote:
    Every time I listen to Sleight of Hand from Calgary in 05, best performance from the band of the decade.

bold statement, ill have to check it out