Options

There's so much vinyl!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    tremors wrote:

Yeah I thought I read you were coming.

You wanna get your priorities straight dimi!!

It goes like this:

Pearl Jam
    Vinyl
    Beer
    Women
    Sleep
    Work

Got it??
    :shock: :shock:
    women in 4th place???....thats why they call u coldass men there..
    im Greek..south Europe..sunny 11 months...caliente...
    women...4th place... :lol: nice one..

yeah that's probably my northern european edition - the Mediterranean version would be

Sleep (siesta)
    Women
    Siesta
    Wine
    Pearl Jam
    Food
    Vinyl
    Siesta
    Food

Hold on, I forgot work..... well, not to worry!

I have visited maybe ten of your islands, so I know what you guys is like!! Athens once - too bloody hot and sweaty - probably have to keep your records in the fridge??
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    Predaking wrote:
    The Now disc is awesome. I cannot believe "Red Red Wine" is from 1983. I would have put money on 86 or 87.

I am starting to worry about the amount of 1980s pop I am consuming these days - but it sounds a lot better than it did at the time!! Duran Duran Rio album was a recent purchase!

I remember when they played Red Red wine at Live Aid in 1984 - it was noted that the Americans watching our London concert (before their one) were surprised to hear 80,000 people singing a song they had never heard of... then after that concert it started to get more known in the States.

I also remember Phil Collins flying by Concorde to play at both concerts - this was in the days before eco-activism obviously!! :lol:

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    tremors wrote:

yeah that's probably my northern european edition - the Mediterranean version would be

Sleep (siesta)
    Women
    Siesta
    Wine
    Pearl Jam
    Food
    Vinyl
    Siesta
    Food

I have visited maybe ten of your islands, so I know what you guys is like!! Athens once - too bloody hot and sweaty - probably have to keep your records in the fridge??
    nice list..its almost true...work?sorry sir,,what is that?can i eat it,drink it ,or fuck it??cos if not one of those three,im not intresting.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

Sleep (siesta)
    Women
    Siesta
    Wine
    Pearl Jam
    Food
    Vinyl
    Siesta
    Food

nice list..its almost true...work?sorry sir,,what is that?can i eat it,drink it ,or fuck it??cos if not one of those three,im not intresting.. :lol:

hahaha - D - you are so polite until it gets late at night - then you show your true colours!! Does the wine have anything to do with it?? Ouzo.... now that's a REAL drink!! Metaxa? wtf IS that shit??

• Options
    tremors wrote:

hahaha - D - you are so polite until it gets late at night - then you show your true colours!! Does the wine have anything to do with it?? Ouzo.... now that's a REAL drink!! Metaxa? wtf IS that shit??
    :lol::lol: metaxa is koniak..heavy stuff..
    metaxa3stars.jpg
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    curious as to whether anyone here is going to pick up the new jimi hendrix boxset out in november?... I've pre-ordered the vinyl 8LP boxset and the 1cd/dvd combo.... so sad he had to leave us so soon :(
  • Options
    joely_91 wrote:
    curious as to whether anyone here is going to pick up the new jimi hendrix boxset out in november?... I've pre-ordered the vinyl 8LP boxset and the 1cd/dvd combo.... so sad he had to leave us so soon :(

Might be a bit too rich for my blood. It does remind me that I need to grab a copy of Valleys of Neptune before it becomes hard to find.
  • Options
    Predaking wrote:
    joely_91 wrote:

Might be a bit too rich for my blood. It does remind me that I need to grab a copy of Valleys of Neptune before it becomes hard to find.

yeah its not to cheap but it works out to be about $12.50 for each LP so i suppose in some respects its not to bad....valleys is awesome imo, the track to! bleeding heart is definately a highlight track on it and red house is always amazing 8-)
  • Options
    Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    joely_91 wrote:
    I might have to skip out on these next Jimi vinyl coming out; the anthology, Woodstock, Blues, and the BBC sessions. I bought the reissues back in March and those sent me back some money, seeing how I had no money at all. I'll probably end up getting the 4 CD/DVD box set instead.

Did anyone see that Bob Dylan is reissuing his first eight albums in their original mono mix on vinyl and CD?
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Options
    got my eddie vedder 7" yesterday

cool - pics?? what's the b-side?

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    got my eddie vedder 7" yesterday

cool - pics?? what's the b-side?

B: THE AUGUSTEUM - DARIO MARIANELLI

does that sound alright? Or is it locked away and sealed in an airtight container? :D

• Options
    B: THE AUGUSTEUM - DARIO MARIANELLI[/quote]

does that sound alright? Or is it locked away and sealed in an airtight container? :D[/quote]

no it came with a bent sleeve so not happy...but not had time to spin it yet ..but will do toorrow
  • Options

no it came with a bent sleeve so not happy...but not had time to spin it yet ..but will do toorrow

:(

• Options
    tremors wrote:

metaxa3stars.jpg

Kalispera dimi,

Can you tell me this though (a conundrum that has troubled the greatest minds since the time of Socrates):

Seeing as the Greeks have had thousands of years of advanced civilisation to work this out - How come you still haven't managed to produce a proper sewerage system for your toilets yet??!!

(people familiar with Greece will surely know what I'm talking about here!!)

:D

• Options
    Newch91 wrote:
    joely_91 wrote:
    I might have to skip out on these next Jimi vinyl coming out; the anthology, Woodstock, Blues, and the BBC sessions. I bought the reissues back in March and those sent me back some money, seeing how I had no money at all. I'll probably end up getting the 4 CD/DVD box set instead.

Did anyone see that Bob Dylan is reissuing his first eight albums in their original mono mix on vinyl and CD?

Yeah all up its costing me an arm and a leg....thats not including the other albums that i pre-ordered as well....dont know why they are re-issuing woodstock for like the hundredth time either....was contemplating shelling out for the bob dylan boxset but i think i've spent enough this year on records
  • Options
    tremors wrote:
    tremors wrote:

metaxa3stars.jpg

Kalispera dimi,

Can you tell me this though (a conundrum that has troubled the greatest minds since the time of Socrates):

Seeing as the Greeks have had thousands of years of advanced civilisation to work this out - How come you still haven't managed to produce a proper sewerage system for your toilets yet??!!

(people familiar with Greece will surely know what I'm talking about here!!)

:D
    who give a shit about shits? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,612
    I got in just now a sweet clear 7" vinyl from Forest Family. The Band is SLEEP ∞ OVER. Tracks LA Rose & Outer Limits. Cover of the single can't be posted cause it's x-rated & all. The clear vinyl is beautiful.
  • Options
    0701095843Pack%20Shotuncropped.jpghmmmmmm

Who be this?
  • Options
    Cool, glad to see we're back on track. I've missed this thread! I need my fix - even if it's just LOOKING at other people's vinyl! How sad.....

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Fistful of Mercy vinyl arriving tomorrow!! Whoooooo!!!!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I have a triple decker dead weather coming from Nashville.....cannot wait! :o:D:):D:D:)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    I have a triple decker dead weather coming from Nashville.....cannot wait! :o:D:):D:D:)

Oh yeah, I saw the video of that on here. I have a policy of not buying records which require a Stanley Knife to be taken to them.... :lol:

Sounds original though, if nothing else!!

[great avatar by the way! I could watch that for hours and still laugh]

• Options

How'd you get it? :o I heard it's extreme to get, there are hundreds waiting outside ThirdMan records store on the release day. I couldn't find any local records stores carry them.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Who be this?
    Third Man Records Vault Package.....the Dead Weather....oooh yeah bitches.... 8-)
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    OceanStone wrote:

How'd you get it? :o I heard it's extreme to get, there are hundreds waiting outside ThirdMan records store on the release day. I couldn't find any local records stores carry them.
    Yeah Snoop?! How'd you get your hands on one of these? I have ordered my 12" single in the hope that it's one of the randomTriples....Whats the deal? Come on spill the beans..... :D You didn't pay $500 to some flipper on ebay did you? :shock:
    New Zealand,95 Auckland 1 & 2, 98 Auckland & Wellington,
    Canada, Vancouver 2000
    Auckland & Christchurch 2009
    Melbourne 1&2 EV Solo 2011
  • Options
    OceanStone wrote:

Yeah Snoop?! How'd you get your hands on one of these? I have ordered my 12" single in the hope that it's one of the randomTriples....Whats the deal? Come on spill the beans..... :D You didn't pay $500 to some flipper on ebay did you? :shock:

yeah how
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Who be this?
    Third Man Records Vault Package.....the Dead Weather....oooh yeah bitches.... 8-)

Nice!