Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    deadendp said:

Put your phone down when you drive. Guy hit my husband 50 MPH, didn't even hit the brakes. Car totaled. Husband okay. 
    So sorry to hear this and glad he's okay.
    People that use their phone whilst driving are selfish assholes.
    We received the crash report on this one yesterday.  It seems that the State Trooper kind of gave them a pass and when distraction was coded on the report, they listed "distracted by something outside the vehicle" instead of "phone use while driving."  My husband has called the State Highway post and left a message for the trooper to phone him.  We would love to have the error corrected before the guy goes to court.  He admitted he was on his phone.  The trooper stated that the guy didn't dispute he was on his phone, but I do believe that he was given a more lenient coding for insurance purposes.  :angry: 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    ^^^Public transportation really isn't so bad. At least consider it, please. 
    Come here to get a bus and then i tell you..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    23scidoo said:
    ^^^Public transportation really isn't so bad. At least consider it, please. 
    Come here to get a bus and then i tell you..
    LOL
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    Ms. Haiku said:
    The heart defect that I was born with is Tetralogy of Fallot, also known as TOF. TOF also stands for Time of Flight which I think is a cooler way to think of the repairs. TOF repairs hahahahahaha. (Friday afternoon humor hehehehe)
    My daughter was born with this condition. She had her first major surgery at 13 months. She had her second major surgery this morning age 9 years. ICU at the moment. Hope you are keeping well.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    Kearn5y said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    The heart defect that I was born with is Tetralogy of Fallot, also known as TOF. TOF also stands for Time of Flight which I think is a cooler way to think of the repairs. TOF repairs hahahahahaha. (Friday afternoon humor hehehehe)
    My daughter was born with this condition. She had her first major surgery at 13 months. She had her second major surgery this morning age 9 years. ICU at the moment. Hope you are keeping well.
    ICU, but did surgery go as expected? Good healing thoughts her way. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,692
    deadendp said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Thank you. Yes, seemed to go as planned. She got an adult donor pulmonary artery and valve fitted as her previous duct got badly infected.
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,908
    Kearn5y said:
    deadendp said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Thank you. Yes, seemed to go as planned. She got an adult donor pulmonary artery and valve fitted as her previous duct got badly infected.
    I hope she has a speedy recovery with no complications.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited October 2019
    We're in the midst of a huge wind storm, and a 10 story tall tree just fell down on my apartment building. It was so scary when it hit!! Shook the whole building!

It very luckily mostly landed between my building and the adjoining one. It snapped in half right where I took the second photo, which is from an elevated walkway connecting the buildings. I am standing about halfway down the tree where I took that. And the nice fence was spared too, lol, although the fence and gate the back are presumably crushed under it. Pretty sure there is damage to the top floor/roof too, just on the corner. Could have been worse. I am still scared though, as there are 5 more trees just like this right in front of my apartment, and the storm is still raging.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    We're in the midst of a huge wind storm, and a 10 story tall tree just fell down on my apartment building. It was so scary when it hit!! Shook the whole building!

It very luckily mostly landed between my building and the adjoining one. It snapped in half right where I took the second photo, which is from an elevated walkway connecting the buildings. I am standing about halfway down the tree where I took that. And the nice fence was spared too, lol, although the fence and gate the back are presumably crushed under it. Pretty sure there is damage to the top floor/roof too, just on the corner. Could have been worse. I am still scared though, as there are 5 more trees just like this right in front of my apartment, and the storm is still raging.
    Might wanna put on a helmet. :wink:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Glad you’re okay.  Hopefully there won’t be as many windstorms as last year.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hopefully your building (or the city?) steps up and checks on the remaining trees.  Could've been tragic, with something that huge and heavy.
  • Options
    @PJ_Soul , did it stop storming? Are you upright? All good? 
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    My racist brother in law
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    How angry I am at this sick society that glorifies the cruel treatment of horses all so people can gamble, get drunk, dress nice.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    edited October 2019
    deadendp said:
    It did finally stop in the evening- what a storm! No more of those trees fell, but I was really worried. All good. :) They started sawing up the tree and got it off the building last night as soon as the wind died down. I was impressed by how quickly the got to it. I was also amazed that our power didn't go out through it all. :) Others weren't so lucky. I think they said 79,000 were without it. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    deadendp said:
    It did finally stop in the evening- what a storm! No more of those trees fell, but I was really worried. All good. :) They started sawing up the tree and got it off the building last night as soon as the wind died down. I was impressed by how quickly the got to it. I was also amazed that our power didn't go out through it all. :) Others weren't so lucky. I think they said 79,000 were without it. 
    Glad you are safe! We had a hella wind storm this summer. It was crazy. Glad that you didn't lose power and that building maintenance took care of the tree super quick!

Trick or treat was tonight! 

K went as Josh Dun from twenty one pilots.  Rained heavily, but we went with cousins and had a great time! 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    I was going through my box of old photos and whatnot, and realized that the only two people who ever responded to my fan mail (gimme a break, I was 12) were Rick Nielsen and Groucho Marx.  Not bad!

Amy, are you all going tomorrow night as well?

(I had to look up Josh Dun =) )
  • Options
    It is supposed to be super windy and very rainy. We treated on Saturday and it was very rainy and chilly. Gonna skip it tomorrow. 

K loves twenty one pilots. While they aren't necessarily my gig,Trench is not bad and the boys put on a good show. Honestly, Panic! is really not my gig, but I took her to that concert for her birthday. Brendon popped out of the stage like a pop tart and didn't stop. Very LGBTQ safe environment and beautiful to see the love. Maybe next year she'll go as Brendon Urie. She'll have to learn the back flip first. :smiley:

Snow Friday and Saturday! Yes, I will dance and twirl through the flakes. :triumph:
  • Options
    Make me a snow angel, please :)
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    New cars...no CD player anymore? I ask because, sure, I'm fine if you call me old. Dropped my husbands vehicle off for her beauty treatment (AKA $5000 in body work) and I have no CD player in the rental. 

Phones, bluetooth and PJ radio. That'll work. :smile:

Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    PJ_Soul said:

Yowza.  Weather has been crazy.  We're getting winds and pouring rain later tonight.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Yowza.  Weather has been crazy.  We're getting winds and pouring rain later tonight.
    It's here now. 

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm in CT and it's 71 degrees.  Low tonight is 68.  Insane!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    New cars...no CD player anymore? I ask because, sure, I'm fine if you call me old. Dropped my husbands vehicle off for her beauty treatment (AKA $5000 in body work) and I have no CD player in the rental. 

Phones, bluetooth and PJ radio. That'll work. :smile:

Was thrilled that our new vehicle had ace player.  Glad I didn’t get rid of the ones I had.  Thankfully it also has Bluetooth and satellite as well.
  • Options
    The continuing saga of how State Farm absolutely sucks . . . 

We received the second estimate today, about $1000 lighter than the first one that was admittedly light at $3900.  I questioned the quality of parts and after looping through departments and hold at State Farm, they finally passed me on to our "claim team."  The woman told me that she realizes that I haven't even made my first payment yet and that their insured hit me before we even owned the car for a week, but that State Farm was not going to approve use of parts any better than those that are presently on our vehicle.  

I asked for a manager. 

"He's busy.  He won't approve anything better anyhow." 

"What is his name?"

"I can't give you that."

"May I have his phone number or email?"

"I can't give you that."

"What is your name?"

"Cecelia."

"And what state are you in?"

"I'm not authorized to release that."

"Interesting because I spoke to two lovely ladies today.  The first woman was in Georgia and the second woman I just spoke to was in Arizona.  Why could they tell me where they were and you can't?"

"I can't release that information.  I can have him phone you back."  

I just told her fuck you and hung up.  I'm not expecting a return call from her manager.  

I phoned the shop where the Forester is being repaired.  Keith's lovely wife (I really need to find out her name) went over the estimate with me, explained the muffler part choice and the fact that they are both being replaced so that the back of the car looks right.  (State Farm initially only approved one.)  Keith gets dealer parts at auto parts store prices, so the car will be fixed right, will be in the shop for 2 weeks and all will be well.  

Keith and his wife will be getting a lovely box of homemade cookies.  

Thank you for allowing me to vent.  
  • Options
    My thoughts and my prayers to my friend Lazarus who is in critical state..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    I hope your friend gets better, 23.

And on behalf of Amy, I reiterate - fuck YOU, State Farm!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

:rofl:
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Thank you Hedo..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    🌺. #LestWeForget #RemembranceDay

Post edited by Fifthelement on