what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,277
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    Like the Bulgarian yeasterday??
    First of all, I'm talking about football executives (owners, presidents) and not fans. Secondly, do you have any evidence regarding who did it? I believe the media were weirdly fast in putting a label on the attackers. Don't you think? Though I hate football violence, why exactly those Bulgarians visited Thessaloniki for? We all need to be aware and don't fall for this kind of cheap propaganda.
     :o 
    I guess this is your reaction to Kovacevic's assasination attempt? Me too... :dizzy: I'm wondering who's orchestrated this incident?... :pensive:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    First of all, I'm talking about football executives (owners, presidents) and not fans. Secondly, do you have any evidence regarding who did it? I believe the media were weirdly fast in putting a label on the attackers. Don't you think? Though I hate football violence, why exactly those Bulgarians visited Thessaloniki for? We all need to be aware and don't fall for this kind of cheap propaganda.
    I guess this is your reaction to Kovacevic's assasination attempt? Me too... :dizzy: I'm wondering who's orchestrated this incident?... :pensive:
    Thats the football you watching and you are celebrating..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    Ιn your face Hollywood!!!

https://youtu.be/3vuT8ki9yM4
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    Pap said:
    23scidoo said:
    Thats the football you watching and you are celebrating..
    I didn't say that. I celebrate the achievements of my favourite team in the pitch. You're absolutely free to do the same. If you don't follow the Greek football championship then how is it that you know so much around it? Suddenly, you seem satisfied when the best team inside the four lines, which deservedly won the Championship last year, loses for the first time after 51 games. Why so?... I guess everything would be right if your favourite team was doing better. But it's not... So, please don't pretend to be an objective sportsman. Because I know that you have a favourite team, and that makes you come out as one-sidedly worried. By the way, have you heard the news about a fan of my favourite team that was recently attacked with an axe? :open_mouth: Rhetorical question...
    Because this kind of conversation apparently leads nowhere, let's leave it here (we're on a music forum, after all) and agree to disagree.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    The Toastmaster:

So... the bread goes in and the button goes down and clicks....
    The elements turn orange for a minute or two (depending on who's managing the dial... and whether or not they're totally insane (any setting under 2 or over 6) or normal as vanilla (between 2-6)) you find something else to do while the "master" is hard at work.
    Pop goes the weasel and whammo.... hurry the fak up with the butter or it's RUINED!
    Who can live with this stress??? Especially in the morning?!?!

I don't get it... Toastmaster?? You suck.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    PEARL JAM at MSG!!! 
    woohoooo!
    been a long while since i've visited here, so a BIG WAVE to all my friends, old and new!
    hope to see many, many of you at MSG - pre/post show parties and such.  we already had a staycation planned for the very week PJ is in NYC, so kismet!  also have a vacation planned while they're in europe, and was tempted to jump on copenhagen, but yea - done a lot of (expensive! yikes!) travel over the past 2 years (iceland, australia and new zealand) so being *good* and just keeping it at home. 
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Pearl Jam in LA!

I'm digging the excitement going around - along with comic relief in the form of random bitchers, whiners and the like ;)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I will not comment.  Remind me of that in case I do decide to enter the cesspool that is The Porch right now.  Good god people have issues. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing my friends in April :)
  • Options

• Options
    I'd love to have a 'fro like Billy.

(just for a day)
    https://youtu.be/I_e-RQZVwxg
  • Options

• Options
    curious to see if i get my tix to MSG.  also, mr. dream booked a trip to asheville NC AFTER we already put in for 2 tix for MSG so while i want my tix - i'm happy they will have the TM fan-to-fan sale to get rid of my extra! (at least i hope i'll have an extra! 10c never got back to me about my possible "name" issue with the pre-sale - where is my confirmation?!)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    edited January 2020
    curious to see if i get my tix to MSG.  also, mr. dream booked a trip to asheville NC AFTER we already put in for 2 tix for MSG so while i want my tix - i'm happy they will have the TM fan-to-fan sale to get rid of my extra! (at least i hope i'll have an extra! 10c never got back to me about my possible "name" issue with the pre-sale - where is my confirmation?!)
    well got my answer.  ouch.

WOW.  denied.  my one show request.  my home town show.  total bummer.  in the scheme of things, first time ever shut out so really, very fortunate.  beyond that, as much as i love PJ, and i so do - so much so that i've seen them 45+ times in 7 countries ... in the end, it's just a concert.  big bummer though. 
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Reading The Porch and finally decided it's too toxic.  Going to enjoy my day and get my Zen on.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Agreed its awful  there  atm
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Agreed its awful  there  atm
    Just stay down here in the basement. Folks act like the sky is falling. 

I'll bake some cookies, 'kay?
  • Options
    been a long while since i've been active around here, and it IS amazing to see that some things never change.  ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833

WOW.  denied.  my one show request.  my home town show.  total bummer.  in the scheme of things, first time ever shut out so really, very fortunate.  beyond that, as much as i love PJ, and i so do - so much so that i've seen them 45+ times in 7 countries ... in the end, it's just a concert.  big bummer though. 
    i don't know if it's possible, but i don't understand how some can get 4-6 shows they put in for, and people who put in for one get nothing. i can appreciate how much work they do to make sure fans get the tickets without having to pay scalpers, but man, this would be tough to swallow for me. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

i don't know if it's possible, but i don't understand how some can get 4-6 shows they put in for, and people who put in for one get nothing. i can appreciate how much work they do to make sure fans get the tickets without having to pay scalpers, but man, this would be tough to swallow for me. 
    There are a fuckload of threads about this on the Porch. 
  • Options

hey hugh - don't want to ruin the integrity of this thread (hahaha, i started it!) but i will say in the past *I* have been the fortunate one scoring as many as FIVE shows (the italian shows in 2005) when many others who lived there were shut out of everything so i certainly will not complain about it. i've been that lucky on many tours so it is what it is.  

guess what's on my mind is realizing, wow, perhaps in my 50s maturity might actually be settling in?  hahahahaha.  nah.  but i will definitely admit my perspective on many things - including such things as scoring tix to a concert - has broadened and i'm happier for it.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277

hey hugh - don't want to ruin the integrity of this thread (hahaha, i started it!) but i will say in the past *I* have been the fortunate one scoring as many as FIVE shows (the italian shows in 2005) when many others who lived there were shut out of everything so i certainly will not complain about it. i've been that lucky on many tours so it is what it is.  

guess what's on my mind is realizing, wow, perhaps in my 50s maturity might actually be settling in?  hahahahaha.  nah.  but i will definitely admit my perspective on many things - including such things as scoring tix to a concert - has broadened and i'm happier for it.
    Well I'm going to be 55 next month and I am jealous of my bestie who wins every freaking lottery while I get shut out.  55 shows under my belt and it hurts just as much now as it used to!  LOL.  On my facebook page I said Meh, it's just my Religion so it's no big deal. I'm a bitter old biddy!  I still think I'll be at MSG, but I gotta put in the work for it.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options

• Options
    As we dashed through Sam's with a cart and a list, a sample lady loudly asked, "Why is your hair so gray?!"

"Because I am 46." :weary:
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

Well I'm going to be 55 next month and I am jealous of my bestie who wins every freaking lottery while I get shut out.  55 shows under my belt and it hurts just as much now as it used to!  LOL.  On my facebook page I said Meh, it's just my Religion so it's no big deal. I'm a bitter old biddy!  I still think I'll be at MSG, but I gotta put in the work for it.
    bitter old bitty - made me laugh!
    music is my religion, but luckily for me, pearl jam alone is not my only god.  
    yes, need to "put in the work for it" but i'm not sure i have the time for that nowadays!  hopefully, as i'd really like to be there.  or perhaps somehow the music gods while shine upon me and i'll get lucky once more with a friend sharing a spare, or finding someone else ... we shall see.

currently on my mind ... why didn't i take tomorrow off?
    and, shall i call out?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    I adore Pit Bulls.  Every one I've met has been friendly and itching for some loving.

And I met another one this morning!  Not seen too often in my neighborhood.  She was huge - solid muscle - but not intimidating, all white with brown around her eyes, and looking at me with a friendly face.  After checking with her owner, I gave her lots of scratches and kisses.  I mean, who wouldn't?

Then she presented THE BELLY.  I swear she smiled the whole time I obliged that gorgeous giant.

Made my fucking morning :)
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919
    ^^^ that’s awesome Hedo.  Pitties are so affectionate.  It’s amazing.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    the belly.  LOVE the belly!

and what am i thinking?  how FUCKING AWESOME that a dear friend i met here YEARS AGO is -  just offered me his spare 10c ticket for MSG.  i am SO fortunate to know some beautiful souls - many of them because of this band we all adore.

ALL the feels right now.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...