Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,105
    Not sure who I should vote for in the upcoming federal election 

That's clever. I would be a patron of that store if I lived there.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    I drive for Uber/Lyft part time. Was in another town hanging with some friends and afterwards decided to drive for Uber and set a destination towards home. It was still kinda earlier around 11 pm. Wouldn't you know it I git this very drunk dude and his sober girlfriend/wife. The girl was fine and she apologized in advanced in case anything happened to me car and she would pay the fine and all if he threw up. And he threw up on himself and in my car a bunch of times. So that kinda sucked. Never had that happen so wasn't sure how to report that or better yet clean it up.  Let Uber know, took some pics. And they charged them $150. Although Uber said in the future they want a cleaning receipt

So how do you clean vomit in a car (fabric upholstery)? Should i have gone to a car wash/detail place? It was late at night, nothing was open. I wasn't going to let it sit in my car overnight.  So i tried cleaning it the best i could with what I had.Looks better, but not great. Luckily it's an older car ('09 Honda civic) so i wasn't too upset.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    EPADave, 

I am so sorry. Check your PMs for possible tips in making your car vomit free. That is so very gross. 

:sick:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    edited October 2019
    At a Gimmee! coffee shop in Brooklyn I looked across the street at the graffiti and thought of Pearl Jam.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    deadendp said:
    EPADave, 

I am so sorry. Check your PMs for possible tips in making your car vomit free. That is so very gross. 

:sick:
    Just getting it professionally done 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options

Put your phone down when you drive. Guy hit my husband 50 MPH, didn't even hit the brakes. Car totaled. Husband okay. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    deadendp said:

Put your phone down when you drive. Guy hit my husband 50 MPH, didn't even hit the brakes. Car totaled. Husband okay. 
    Oh my god Amy! I’m so glad you guys are okay. What a close call. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Holy shit! Hugs to you and the fam.
  • Options
    Second totaled car this year. Neither one our fault. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oh hell, Amy.  Fucking distracted drivers!

I'm so sorry about the (second) car loss, but you've got only one hubby :hug:
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    Oh hell, Amy.  Fucking distracted drivers!

I'm so sorry about the (second) car loss, but you've got only one hubby :hug:
    That you know of. :wink:
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    deadendp said:

Whoa, that's awful! It's good to read your husband is ok. I hope the other driver is ok. 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Was watching the full moon rise earlier (ironic how the fires gave it an extra orange glow; also makes for gorgeous sunrises), which made me think of Full Moon Fever, and Petty.   No matter how their death came about, there are just a handful of musicians over whom I shed sincere tears of loss.

If it's possible, I hope he's rocking the fuck out somewhere out there.
    https://youtu.be/24eJEYkBrhU
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    deadendp said:
    Second totaled car this year. Neither one our fault. 
    That is fucking scary. I'm so sorry you have to deal with that yet again.
  • Options
    Why does it have to take so freaking long to buy/finance a car? 
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,915
    Hard to believe, but it’s the second week of October and many of the flowers on my deck are still blooming. Yay!

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    I hope it comes through soon.
  • Options
    Hard to believe, but it’s the second week of October and many of the flowers on my deck are still blooming. Yay!

Beautiful! Frost her last night. Not so beautiful now. 
    deadendp said:
    I thank you. My husband and I just ganged up on the State Farm agent. (The other guys insurance.) He thought that they could just move my husband's car closer (it's about 35 minutes away right now) and repair it. Um, it's totaled. These are the same people who never phoned him. Never asked how he was. Never offered a rental until today. Oh, they are worried about the cost of storing the car though. Well, perhaps they should have grabbed my husband's info off the crash report from the highway patrol. Frustrating. 
  • Options
    I’m sorry it’s such a clusterfuck for you, Amy. If only people simply gave a shit and did their jobs. 
  • Options
    And i’m envious, Fifth!
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Beautiful! Frost her last night. Not so beautiful now. 
    deadendp said:
    I thank you. My husband and I just ganged up on the State Farm agent. (The other guys insurance.) He thought that they could just move my husband's car closer (it's about 35 minutes away right now) and repair it. Um, it's totaled. These are the same people who never phoned him. Never asked how he was. Never offered a rental until today. Oh, they are worried about the cost of storing the car though. Well, perhaps they should have grabbed my husband's info off the crash report from the highway patrol. Frustrating. 
    We’ve hit at least 2C a few nights, but not sure we’ve had a frost yet.  I was surprised to see the sweetpeas still coming up and blooming.

So sorry to hear about the runaround you guys are experiencing.  I’m sure it’s the last thing that you guys need after this years car troubles.  I hope that your husband didn’t suffer any trauma from the collision.

hedonist said:
    And i’m envious, Fifth!
    Thanks.  It’s nothing to do with me though.  I’ve just been waiting for things to die back so I can clean the pots out.  Just took a moment to stop and smell the flowers this morning.
  • Options
    Always stop to smell the flowers. Great advice there!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options

Oh, our new-to-us car was just rear ended by someone who thought yield meant not to pause for oncoming traffic. It's driveable, but needs repaired. Haven't even had it for a week. 
  • Options
    ^^^Public transportation really isn't so bad. At least consider it, please. 
  • Options
    Oh jeez, again?!  I'm so sorry.

This HAS to be it for your and M's shit car luck.

(but wonderful luck in escaping injury yet again!)
  • Options
    You don't live near Akron, do you? I would love to use public transport, but it is not readily available here. 
    hedonist said:
    Oh jeez, again?!  I'm so sorry.

This HAS to be it for your and M's shit car luck.

(but wonderful luck in escaping injury yet again!)
    Yes, again. She was blaming us. Told us we shouldn't stop, but that we were to go on. Two giant yield signs. There was oncoming traffic. It was an extreme angle to look back. We had to stop. Our lane didn't continue.  She said she looked back and hit us. The Ohio State Highway gave her a ticket that stated that she was at fault. I phoned the claim in to her insurance. She hadn't phoned yet. 
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    deadendp said:

So sorry to hear this and glad he's okay.
    People that use their phone whilst driving are selfish assholes.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    You don't live near Akron, do you? I would love to use public transport, but it is not readily available here. 

No, I don't. That really sucks. Sorry you don't have the option. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    deadendp said:

Oh, our new-to-us car was just rear ended by someone who thought yield meant not to pause for oncoming traffic. It's driveable, but needs repaired. Haven't even had it for a week. 
    Seriously? Really???  The phrase is supposed to be “third time lucky”, not “third time crapped on”!!  Surely this is the end of your run of bad auto-luck. Come on, FSM - throw your noodly appendages around Amy, M and K and stop this shit right now. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    deadendp said:

Seriously? Really???  The phrase is supposed to be “third time lucky”, not “third time crapped on”!!  Surely this is the end of your run of bad auto-luck. Come on, FSM - throw your noodly appendages around Amy, M and K and stop this shit right now. 
    If we need to go on the third time crapped on idea, the totaled RAV in February, totaled Yaris in October and rear ended but repairable F2 (because we have 2 Foresters) hopefully fills our quota.  We are all upright.  FSM did throw noodly appendages around us to keep us safe, but I did tell M that when F2 gets fixed, I am considering putting a changeable sign for the back of his vehicle like they used to have at the gas company, "It's been X days since our last accident."  

FYI- SD just had me sage his car. Did mine, too. Can't hurt. 
    Post edited by deadendp on