Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:
    How sad!!!

On another note..."The father is believed to be P-38." Where is Maury Povich when you need him? (You are the father!)
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Studies in behavioral sciences have not once in 20+ years [ that I have been using conditioning models for modification ] deviated from Skinner's original theory of operant-conditioning.. they have been expanded upon, and rearranged; new answers to previously unknown theoretical querying, but never changed. It has continued on through our education system, crossed over into greater functions in mental health studies, and to this day, seems to be held as "The Golden Fleece" of masters of learning precepts; though Skinner is not highly regarded as the scientist he stressed himself to be.
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549
    The shooting in Fort Lauderdale airport
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Jogill said:

The shooting in Fort Lauderdale airport

Just now heard about this.. prayers for all involved.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    I wish Claire Danes would do more comedy. She cracked me up on last night's Portlandia season premiere.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,256
    Flourless chocolate chip cookies make me love life! I just saw a recipe online, and I'm inspired to bake them.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Phone interview in half and hour. Yay!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Help.. if given.. is such a relief!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,598
    Ms. Haiku said:

Good luck!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Fingers crossed for you!

late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    Colorado ski resort closes because it snowed too much
    http://www.krdo.com/news/top-stories/colorado-ski-resort-closes-because-it-snowed-too-much/260582363
    Hahahaha!!
    Now THAT is some irony!
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Why did I wait this long to try Mike and Ike's??
  • Options

They're great aren't they?
  • Options
    Jogill said:

Yes and I gotta say... better than Jelly Bellys!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    want snow to stop
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Lets have it colder again and more more snow :)
  • Options
    Colorado ski resort closes because it snowed too much
    http://www.krdo.com/news/top-stories/colorado-ski-resort-closes-because-it-snowed-too-much/260582363
    Hahahaha!!
    Now THAT is some irony!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    Ms. Haiku said:

:prayer:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    Jogill said:

So good.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,825
    The capricious nature of those who you once thought were true.

At least it's better to know sooner rather than later that their friendship is only offered on their terms.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I wonder why some people always take someone else's decisions personally. It just doesn't make sense.
    Lines in the sand divide, not unite. Territorial pissing only starts battles. In all, it is strange how instinct and reactive reasoning overshadow the ability for unbiased interpretation. Humans are confounding sometimes, but I love the humans with whom I have forged friendships on here, so I love them as they are. ( I'm even getting better at loving those that just bug the daylights outta me; though in here there is the escape of just passing over posts made by those that irritate me, not so much with statements made in the tangible world.. errgh). But it hurts my heart, when they hurt.. even when it is over something that was never an attack, or intended for harm; well explained, and stressed upon that no one was in fault for the decision.
    Incidentally, this situation is occurring in both my tangible world, AND here.. Humans.. we mystify me! :lol:

:hug: for all my friends.
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Ps, my friend's don't irritate me.. just had to clarify.. entities outside of these friendships are the offenders there..
    I didn't articulate my thoughts too well up there! ^^
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Thankful for the draft feature. :angry:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Why do our weather "forecasting" folks feel the need to tell me what to wear?

Cold? Yes, I know to bundle up.

Raining? Yes, I know to keep an umbrella handy.

DEP, me too!

Tree, you've got a big heart and lovely soul :hug:

• Options
    There's a full moon out tonight. I'll blame that for everyone going a bit haywire today. I dread when the kids get home. They really go nuts. In the meantime, I will retreat to my happy place and try to stay out of the line of fire of all the craziness. I refuse to ruin another excellent mood. May you all survive this latest bout of WTF? :hug:
  • Options
    Go away cold and congestion
  • Options

Go away cold and congestion

x2
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    edited January 2017
    A field mouse in my apartment. Eek! Each time I see it I shriek and the mouse goes back to its hidding place. So, I'm singing to scare it. I called the complex and someone should be here in 45 minutes. This sucks. I've lived in the same space for 13 years.
    Post edited by Ms. Haiku on
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

A field mouse in my apartment. Eek! Each time I see it I shriek and the mouse goes back to its hidding place. So, I'm singing to scare it. I called the complex and someone should be here in 45 minutes. This sucks. I've lived in the same space for 13 years.

Eek is right. At least now it would be. When I was 15 and in my very first apartment, there was a mouse that would come in and stand there looking at me every day at the same time. I named him Fred. It's funny how different we get as we get older. Now I would scream and stand on a chair for however long it took to get him out.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Stuff his hole with steel wool. Any mouse holes you find.. stuff them full, with steel wool. Mice, rats, raccoons, gophers, and moles HATE steel wool, and will stay clear of it. That will at least keep him out of your space until management can get someone out there.
    Also, spiders HATE peppermint oil, and cockroaches hate cinnamon.. some extras here for ya'll. :smiley: