Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Got stiffed on my christmas bonus...the pool's gonna have to wait till next year...

Jelly of the month club?
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    edited December 2016
    That My drunk ass didn't fall down our stairs carrying all the presents down. Santa hooked me up good this year. Now If he can hook me up one more time with no hangover.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options
    JogillJogill Posts: 4,549

As a parent of an autistic child who also is practically nonverbal in social situations as well, seeing this little special needs child shine when she sings is truly amazing. This completely made my day :heart:
    https://youtu.be/RvUMDp-snTI

This is truly the meaning of Christmas!
    late PJ bloomer- what was I doing in the 90's that I didn't know who Pearl Jam was???
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    GODDAMN YOU 2016 TO HELL! RIP

http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-dies/
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    I am getting seriously sick of people blaming deaths on the year 2016. It's so dumb.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    PJ_Soul said:

I am getting seriously sick of people blaming deaths on the year 2016. It's so dumb.

I don't think it's blaming the year, so much acknowledging that 2016 has been particularly prodigious at reaping in the world of entertainment.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    edited December 2016

PJ_Soul said:

I don't think it's blaming the year, so much acknowledging that 2016 has been particularly prodigious at reaping in the world of entertainment.

I know what it is meant as, and it's annoying me ... It's just that people must not realize it's only going to get worse. We are just at that age when everyone we admire, and particularly those who we grew up on, so to speak, has started dying. We will probably look back at 2016 and realize it was actually a pretty kind year in relative terms. Grim I know, but I'm a realist.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    yes it is grim and I appreciate your perspective...a whole lot of light has left this earthly wheel and mortal coil and a whole lot of lamp lighters have been born as each and every soul that has beamed out into the universe makes its way to the otherside...I am grateful they continue to glow here and hope to continue loving them all when I get to the otherside...
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,921
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I know what it is meant as, and it's annoying me ... It's just that people must not realize it's only going to get worse. We are just at that age when everyone we admire, and particularly those who we grew up on, so to speak, has started dying. We will probably look back at 2016 and realize it was actually a pretty kind year in relative terms. Grim I know, but I'm a realist.
    I hear ya! And you're totally right.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

No, I'm equal opportunity. I blame Trump and Hillary just as much.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

On what planet is a year with Peter Griffin with a Mussolini complex being POTUS kind compared to any year? I want your meth right now.
  • Options
    Looks like I'll be playing a lot of quality video game titles next year, so it's already a better year by default
    This will only take a while
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Secretly thrilled that my brother and his family have gone back to London and we have the house to ourselves again :tongue:
  • Options

Secretly thrilled that my brother and his family have gone back to London and we have the house to ourselves again :tongue:

I understand. Congratulations!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    deadendp said:

I understand. Congratulations!
    And my mum is away for the weekend so the dog and I have the place to ourselves, bliss :smile:
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    SNOW, SNOW, SNOW, SNOW! First snow of the season :)
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

That's more like it! Finally! Someone who loves snow like me! :triumph:
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

Ms. Haiku said:

That's more like it! Finally! Someone who loves snow like me! :triumph:
    I used to love snow.. but having neuropathy has changed that.. the cold that I used to relish burns now.. what used to take hours, regardless of the temp outside.. now takes mere seconds.. and it sucks..
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I love snow. Unfortunately the snow here is gone now.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

On what planet is a year with Peter Griffin with a Mussolini complex being POTUS kind compared to any year? I want your meth right now.
    I wasn't talking about politics, I was talking only about famous people who died.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    My friend is hurting and I don't know how to help them.. I hate this feeling..
  • Options
    edited December 2016

My friend is hurting and I don't know how to help them.. I hate this feeling..

:frowning:
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I like throwing my voice and breaking guitars
    Cause it doesn't remind me of anything
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

That is beauty. Next up in our queue, thanks to you.

I just asked my guy, what would be a good song for the new year? (it technically is, for our east coast family and friends).

He answered, and we are with this.

Stand fearless :)

Happy new year to you all. May we all continue to hope, and witness the majesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZJiQSmJ9g
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,491
    the world's a mess.....as if I care.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Revelations of the day.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    deadendp said:

Revelations of the day.

Phew. Thought you were about to quote bible verse.

• Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    How much will change this year. I'll be going off to college, living on my own... might even find my soulmate. Haven't really thought about it much.

Just in a couple of weeks I'll be finding out whether or not I get into UW Madison, which has been my dream ever since 2nd grade. Crazy shit.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    hedonist said:

That is beauty. Next up in our queue, thanks to you.

I just asked my guy, what would be a good song for the new year? (it technically is, for our east coast family and friends).

He answered, and we are with this.

Stand fearless :)

Happy new year to you all. May we all continue to hope, and witness the majesty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtZJiQSmJ9g
    :cowboy:
    Happy New Year Hedo and fam!