Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Wobbie says 50 is a spring chicken.
    Guessing that most of us in this forum are within 10 years of 50 one way or the other.
    Could be 60 by the time we get a new record. ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,301
    edited January 2017
    You mean this one Meredith?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVPNXsc4wsQ
    Post edited by Pap on
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Wobbie says 50 is a spring chicken.
    Guessing that most of us in this forum are within 10 years of 50 one way or the other.
    Could be 60 by the time we get a new record. ;)

:chicken:

=)
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Pap said:
    :rofl:
    Ha! LMAO, that's the one!!
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

My friend's sister is dying of cancer. As in, any day now. Can I please ask for prayers or good thoughts so that she may pass peacefully and for her family to get through this.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. She passed away peacefully last night. RIP Anita. Your pain and suffering is over.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

My friend's sister is dying of cancer. As in, any day now. Can I please ask for prayers or good thoughts so that she may pass peacefully and for her family to get through this.

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. She passed away peacefully last night. RIP Anita. Your pain and suffering is over.
    I am so sorry. Her pain and suffering is over, but the missing has just started. :frowning:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Sorry, RS.
  • Options
    Thanks. Your all's caring means so much.
    If I had one wish, I'd wish I could just take people's pain away...physical, emotional, all of it. I'm a wuss with pain but I'd gladly take it all instead of others hurting. All I can do is offer a sympathy card and endless hugs. So inadequate.
    And fuck cancer!
    (Sorry for the cursing but I can't think of a better word when it comes to cancer).
  • Options
    Fuck cancer, fuck Alzheimer's, fuck anything - and anyone - who steals them of their dignity and quality of life.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited January 2017
    hedonist said:

Fuck cancer, fuck Alzheimer's, fuck anything - and anyone - who steals them of their dignity and quality of life.

We're getting that in America already in the first 4 days. Not normalizing Orange Bin Laden and anyone who has a problem with that can fuck off. To paraphrase Patrick Swayze in Road House, there's a time to be nice and not a time. Right now, I won't be nice to fascists. My avatar is there for a reason.
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Amen!
  • Options
    edited January 2017

hedonist said:

We're getting that in America already in the first 4 days. Not normalizing Orange Bin Laden and anyone who has a problem with that can fuck off. To paraphrase Patrick Swayze in Road House, there's a time to be nice and not a time. Right now, I won't be nice to fascists. My avatar is there for a reason.
    Kind of weird to wrap political opinions into people mourning the loss of friends and family but hey, if that is what works for you...

Hedo and RS, Sympathy to you and to the families and friends experiencing these losses with you.
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Kind of weird to wrap political opinions into people mourning the loss of friends and family but hey, if that is what works for you...

Hedo and RS, Sympathy to you and to the families and friends experiencing these losses with you.
    This, very much so.
    Fuck cancer, indeed. Fuck it in every part of its body and shit on it afterword.
    Sorry for your losses.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

So sorry, RS.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

So sorry, RS.
    I am so sorry for the loss, but relieved the suffering is done.

:hug: s to Hedo, RS, and anyone else experiencing such loss.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Thank you, sweet friend. And sweet friends.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm sorry, RogueStoner.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007

You men eat your dinner, eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken, than any man ever seen, yeee

Normally I don't eat that much Pork but here in Japan it's in everything lol
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Peoples' need to have their ideals and opinions validated via social media. I would think that at this moment in time the field of psychology is having a hey-day with human kind. I think of all that blathering non-sense, spewed across news feeds all across the globe.. feeding the hungry monster that is stupidity. I think of all the energy wasted upon typing out opinions on a subject rather than actually DOING something about it.. about how great they must feel typing out their viewpoint while hiding safely behind the anonymity of a FB page, or a Twitter Feed; God help us all, a jumble of host sites across the net. As if somehow shoving their ideals or opinions down the eyeballs of everyone else as caught up as they are, to read it, somehow makes it true.. Truth is relative is the greatest lie ever told.. but social media feeds the lie.. so folks just post on and on and on and on.. never once looking at themselves as a part of the problem; they insist they are the solution..

So don't miss any of it!!
    Post edited by whispering hands on
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I have an in-person interview tomorrow. Here I go!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Good luck! Fingers still crossed for you.
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Good luck!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    When i get my payment?????
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Car repairs. :weary:
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Oh that sucks! Just went through it myself. Hope it's nothing too serious or expensive.
  • Options

deadendp said:

Oh that sucks! Just went through it myself. Hope it's nothing too serious or expensive.
    I remember your mentioning some car problems a while back. Hoping all of yours have been resolved.

Broken coil spring and leaking differential. Sadly, it is a big deal. You know how it goes. Has to be fixed.
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

I remember your mentioning some car problems a while back. Hoping all of yours have been resolved.

Broken coil spring and leaking differential. Sadly, it is a big deal. You know how it goes. Has to be fixed.
    Good luck on the car. At least you know what is wrong. Having you car taken to the shop not knowing if you are looking at a $300 bill or $3000 is a feeling I never wish to have again. Even though I know I will.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Good luck on the car. At least you know what is wrong. Having you car taken to the shop not knowing if you are looking at a $300 bill or $3000 is a feeling I never wish to have again. Even though I know I will.
    That would be awful. :fearful:

$800 is enough for today, thank you.
  • Options
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

deadendp said:

That would be awful. :fearful:

$800 is enough for today, thank you.
    Still trying to save up 1300.00 to fix mine.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,520
    The tonight's game..the biggest so far....
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..