Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,445
    23scidoo said:

Thank you Pap..it was about time..hehehe..

Good things come to those who wait...
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    noh mind...rings true..gotta love your giggle...
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    Nerd prom in DC this May will have a lot of washed up had been D listers! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited November 2016
    I am officially 100% debt free, as of today at 14:24PST. image It definitely hasn't sunk in yet! To celebrate, I'm going to go on a spending spree to end all spending sprees!! Whooooo!!!!!

(just kidding :giggle: )
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    PJ_Soul said:

I am officially 100% debt free, as of today at 14:24PST. image It definitely hasn't sunk in yet! To celebrate, I'm going to go on a spending spree to end all spending sprees!! Whooooo!!!!!

Congrats :smile:
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    PJ_Soul said:

That is fantastic to read. I congratulate you! :clap:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Good job, PJS. Hope you can treat yourself to something indulgent or that you've been craving.
  • Options
    Oh, much.
    This will only take a while
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    how i would like to go to sleep right now bc i feel tired after lunch
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,599
    PJ_Soul said:

This is what i call a free man..Congrats!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited November 2016
    Been sick all day yesterday.. and sick still today. Food won't stay down.. ugh. Hate when I miss work..
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    A lot these days - we've been trying to get pregnant and miscarried about 6 weeks ago. Since then my wife has just not been herself and I completely understand. She's also miserable in her job as an undergrad advisor at my alma mater. We talked last night about her resuming work on her MBA (was postponed when we got pregnant with our daughter back in 2012) and to stop working. Fortunately I make her salary in the side teaching I do for a local college and university, so it won't be a set back, though without her potentially working our plans to build our home will be put on hold indefinitely. None of this is especially terrible. It's just on my mind a lot lately. I want her to be happy - and for her part of that is having a career that is engaging and challenging. I can't argue with that and I'm not the kind of husband that demands his wife do anything - so I'm fully supportive. We're both getting a bit older for having children (I'm 39 and she's 36), so there's that on my mind too. I want to have a second, but I also know there are risks having children this late in the game. Anyway. That's what's in the background for me most every day the past few months.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

A lot these days - we've been trying to get pregnant and miscarried about 6 weeks ago. Since then my wife has just not been herself and I completely understand. She's also miserable in her job as an undergrad advisor at my alma mater. We talked last night about her resuming work on her MBA (was postponed when we got pregnant with our daughter back in 2012) and to stop working. Fortunately I make her salary in the side teaching I do for a local college and university, so it won't be a set back, though without her potentially working our plans to build our home will be put on hold indefinitely. None of this is especially terrible. It's just on my mind a lot lately. I want her to be happy - and for her part of that is having a career that is engaging and challenging. I can't argue with that and I'm not the kind of husband that demands his wife do anything - so I'm fully supportive. We're both getting a bit older for having children (I'm 39 and she's 36), so there's that on my mind too. I want to have a second, but I also know there are risks having children this late in the game. Anyway. That's what's in the background for me most every day the past few months.

I'm so sorry for your and your wife's loss.

And Tree, take care of yourself. I hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,682
    edited November 2016

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that man. I've got very close friends who went through this struggle when they were trying for their second child, and at the exact same ages that you and your wife are (she had 2 miscarriages before it stuck with the help of medical intervention that came in the form of daily injections. She had 1 or 2 miscarriages before her first child too). She was extremely upset each time, as were several other women I know who suffered the same, more so after each miscarriage... if it's any comfort, which it probably isn't and I'm sure you've already heard it, time does appear to heal the wound. If you guys are still set on another baby, don't give up! I'd say that a good 75% of my friends with children had at least 2 miscarriages during their overall work having children and all of them ended up managing at least one more child afterwards. I know that doesn't make a miscarriage any easier to handle emotionally, but perhaps it suggests that is plenty of room for hope. :heart:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    An in-person interview this morning. I thought it went well, but I always think they go well.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Way to go! Congratulations!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,825
    I keep hearing Sting's new single advertised on Spotify and every time I think it's the start of an ad for one of the country playlists. Me no likey.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Seeing my close cousins who are distant..
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004

I'm sorry that you are going through a tough time. At least you have each other and a child that you can spoil with love. I wish the best for you and your family!
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

I keep hearing Sting's new single advertised on Spotify and every time I think it's the start of an ad for one of the country playlists. Me no likey.

Note to self: Play nothing but Country when ND visits. :smiley:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,825

That's a PB, I will let Ani take care of that for you.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

That's a PB, I will let Ani take care of that for you.
    Took me a minute to remember what PB was and he's done the job. And then some. :ohstop:
  • Options
    I just had a phone interview. It seemed rushed. The job seems cool. We'll see.
  • Options

Gees that's terrible, so sorry for your losses and it also takes its toll on your wife hormonally/emotionally, poor wife, but I found these very informative, not sure if you know or not but thought i'd post it here..
    http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/complications/miscarriage/preventing-miscarriage-is-there-anything-you-can-do/
    http://natural-fertility-info.com/preventing-miscarriage
    i hope you keep trying although disheartened you may be, there's always light at the end of the tunnel..
    best wishes..
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,599

Been sick all day yesterday.. and sick still today. Food won't stay down.. ugh. Hate when I miss work..

Hope you are better Tree..

So sorry to hear that Chris..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    hope it's sunny all day so i can do my washing that's been in the washing machine for a week lol
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,186
    My Grandma is going to pass in the next day from Alzheimers. Just found out....expected but doesn't make it any easier.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

My Grandma is going to pass in the next day from Alzheimers. Just found out....expected but doesn't make it any easier.

sorry you are going to lose her :( i can't imagine having a member of a family with this disease but unfortunately i think my dad will eventually get this, because sometimes when we go for a drive he forgets our location and what suburb we're in and he used to know perth well as a courier :confounded:
  • Options

My heart goes out to you and your family.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

I know you've been going through a lot lately so I'm doubly sorry to hear at about this additional loss. And you're right, expected doesn't make it any easier.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf