Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Perfume Parfum Fuck! Commercials for scents are incredibly stupid and narcissistic.

You should read Perfume.
    It's a Patrick Suskind novel
    Thank you for the recommendation but from the bit of the description I could manage to read, sounded like 50 shades minus 49. Yikes!
    Back in whatever year In Utero came out Kurt Cobain was giving an interview about it and he described how the song Scentless Apprentice
    which happens to be one of my favorite songs from them was inspired by that book. The lyric "like most babies smell like butter" and a few others. I bought the book after watching that interview and it's a pretty damn good read. It's been on my shelf since.
    Anyway here is the wiki summary The song "Scentless Apprentice" was written about Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, a historical horror novel about a perfumer's apprentice born with no body odor of his own but with a highly developed sense of smell, and who attempts to create the "ultimate perfume" by killing virgin women and taking their scent.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    RIP Florence Henderson
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    The beauty of this life and of us.

All 32 flavors.
  • Options
    Nerd Prom and medal of freedom ceremonies next year will be D list level hilarity! :rofl:
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    hedonist said:

The beauty of this life and of us.

All 32 flavors.

And then some...
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Happy Ani? And happy Ani. And RS.

Neither D nor I proposed to the other. We just knew it was time after...shit, 14 years.

Totally happy with what who I got :)

It only took mine 7 months to propose. And he went all out...surrounded by white candles and white roses and of course made me cry. I'm such a sucker for romance.

Isn't it great when you know you've found "the one"? :)
    Indeed. I was carried through the snow to a trail bridge overlooking a river. On bended knee, he asked me to marry him... Then he acted like he dropped the ring into the river. :lol:

To celebrate our engagement, M took me to Chuck E. Cheese's. :smiley:
    Oh how sweet! Except for pretending to drop the ring part. Because if that happened to me, the heart attack I would surely have would be anything but pretend. :open_mouth:
    No lie. I went running, through the snow, across a bridge and he stopped me before ditching my long wool coat (my thought was that it would weigh me down in the water) and going down the embankment. He had the ring tied to him. He to me that not only did I get the ring, but I got him, too.
    :heart:
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    the weather adjusting to it..
    i'm hot blooded even more
    so when i'm well but this
    heat is too much so we
    postponed going out in it
    wondering if i'm going to
    like the cold any better
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
  • Options
    ever drink a cup of tea or coffee and wonder where it went?? as in did i finish it already
  • Options
    ^Yea just now haha
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    It's the end of my concert year. Kinda sad but so grateful for all the shows I got this year and what those shows brought me.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    Homer, Smithers and Burns will not have to get a trillion dollar bill from Trump.
  • Options

It's the end of my concert year. Kinda sad but so grateful for all the shows I got this year and what those shows brought me.

What was the last show you saw?
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the queen of the north!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741

What was the last show you saw?
    A band called July Talk. They fuckin' killed it! It was a great way to end the concert year.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Lots of things
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    My concert year sucked =)

Here's to the potential of 2017.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    hedonist said:

Awwwww, it kind of did, didn't it? You left early from one due to the irremediable presence of idiots, and missed TOTD entirely due to illness. Here's to a PJ 2017 West Coast tour!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    going to hideaway..... before work... and it could be a couple of years.. so by then things would be history thank God...
  • Options
    Every minute is history.
  • Options

hedonist said:

Awwwww, it kind of did, didn't it? You left early from one due to the irremediable presence of idiots, and missed TOTD entirely due to illness. Here's to a PJ 2017 West Coast tour!
    Fingers crossed.

(and if it happens, you SHALL be here)
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I'm all for freedom of expression but this seems wildly inappropriate?!

http://www.thejournal.ie/ice-age-holocaust-dance-3106174-Nov2016/?utm_source=facebook_short
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Fingers crossed.

We shall all be there. :)
  • Options

hedonist said:

hedonist said:

Fingers crossed.

We shall all be there. :)
    I hope so - missed the last two opportunities with you!
  • Options
    ancient advanced civilizations that were completely wiped out because a meteor hit the earth and caused a massive flood
  • Options
    what on earth is wrong with my foot
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Pastry.

Gotta make some now.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Buttery, often?

The idea of a warm croissant, mmm.