Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,616

My Grandma is going to pass in the next day from Alzheimers. Just found out....expected but doesn't make it any easier.

:heartbreak: I'm sorry.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I think that second package of Reese's was overkill.
    This will only take a while
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

My Grandma is going to pass in the next day from Alzheimers. Just found out....expected but doesn't make it any easier.

So sorry you are going through this. Alzheimer's is a tough thing to go through, especially from the outside.. just know that at this point in it, she is no longer suffering, and will simply go gently, and peacefully.
  • Options

I know you've been going through a lot lately so I'm doubly sorry to hear at about this additional loss. And you're right, expected doesn't make it any easier.
    Often said it best. Much love and good vibes to you and your family.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

So sorry you are going through this. Alzheimer's is a tough thing to go through, especially from the outside.. just know that at this point in it, she is no longer suffering, and will simply go gently, and peacefully.
    This, especially.

Best of thoughts to your family, 2-f.

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Thanks for the thoughts all. Loss is the fall theme for me it seems. Looking to my bodhisattva for peace and comfort...damn you attachment. :bawling:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    good thoughts to you, Chris.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma, 2-feign-reluctance.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Trump and what the world will come to with him at the rule.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,148
    Grandma passed peacefully at 7am this morning. Thankful she didn't have to suffer long with Alzheimers. Thanks for all your support guys. Means alot.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242

Grandma passed peacefully at 7am this morning. Thankful she didn't have to suffer long with Alzheimers. Thanks for all your support guys. Means alot.

So sorry for your loss.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options

Big :hug: 2-feign.
  • Options

My condolences to you and your family, 2-f.
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716

My deepest condolences for your loss.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

I'm so sorry. Thoughts to you and your family.
  • Options

Sorry for your loss. My grandma had Alzheimers before she passed. My thoughts are with you and your family.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,923

My deepest condolences to you and your family.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

my sympathies to you and your families
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    Loving warsaw
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    "That's the way it goes", courtesy of my beloved Harrison.

• Options
    Goldie Hawn RIP
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Goldie Hawn RIP

Hoax. Still alive.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    seriously!!!thats great!!!hope she is hale and hardy...love the gal and was so sad to hear she passed in her gogo boots...
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Some celebrity death hoax thing. Still alive & kicking.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    strange thing to do...although it has been a year of huge loss in entertainment\creative and family for many...her fake "passing" just made me want to play harder :)
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,531
    RIP Sharon Jones..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Having an internal debate about sentencing for vehicular manslaughter. While my first instinct was to castigate the three year suspended sentence given to a 21-year-old girl whose driving caused the deaths of a mother and daughter, on reflection I see that sending her to prison would serve no purpose other than simply to inflict punishment. Maybe I need to accept that that's not sufficient reason and that I need to put a lot more thought into my opinion of how these cases are dealt with
  • Options
    What was the cause of the accident, Jenny? I do think punishment itself serves a purpose, not only for the someone who took two lives, but for those who might be in the same circumstances and think twice.
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,780
    How unbelievably lucky I am and how amazing last night was.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.