Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519

How unbelievably lucky I am and how amazing last night was.

Happy for you..so good???
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    hedonist said:

What was the cause of the accident, Jenny? I do think punishment itself serves a purpose, not only for the someone who took two lives, but for those who might be in the same circumstances and think twice.

She was illegally driving unaccompanied as a learner driver and came too fast out of a side road, hitting their car and driving them into a ditch, where they drowned despite desperate attempts to get them out of the car

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/driver-gets-suspended-sentence-over-kilworth-road-deaths-1.2876749
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    Ms. Haiku said:

I just had a phone interview. It seemed rushed. The job seems cool. We'll see.

I was just rejected from this job. I'm sad. It's almost 9 months of unemployment.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,741
    23scidoo said:

How unbelievably lucky I am and how amazing last night was.

Happy for you..so good???
    So very good. Not only did I luck into a ticket for TOTD night 1, but then last night I got a 10C upgrade to second row orchestra. The show was off the chain!

They both were but I'm partial to night 2. =)
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I was just rejected from this job. I'm sad. It's almost 9 months of unemployment.
    I'm so very sorry.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

I'm so very sorry.
    Thank you, deadendp.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

That sucks. I'm sorry. Wishing you lots of luck to find a job soon.
  • Options

Ms. Haiku said:

Ms. Haiku said:

That sucks. I'm sorry. Wishing you lots of luck to find a job soon.
    Thank you, RogueStoner.
  • Options
    Today is the 20 year anniversary of my husband proposing to me. Moral of the story...be careful what you ask for! :lol: (love ya, babe!)

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Happy Ani? And happy Ani. And RS.

Neither D nor I proposed to the other. We just knew it was time after...shit, 14 years.

Totally happy with what who I got :)
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    It is quite satisfying to say hello and how-do-you-do to the pristine smoothness of a new jar of Jif.

*edit - it's rare to have a Jif commercial here in general, let alone at night, but one came on JUST AS I POSTED.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,290

:lol:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    hedonist said:

It is quite satisfying to say hello and how-do-you-do to the pristine smoothness of a new jar of Jif.

*edit - it's rare to have a Jif commercial here in general, let alone at night, but one came on JUST AS I POSTED.

Choosy people choose Jif!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Ms. Haiku said:

hedonist said:

Choosy people choose Jif!
    :lol:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Neither D nor I proposed to the other. We just knew it was time after...shit, 14 years.

It only took mine 7 months to propose. And he went all out...surrounded by white candles and white roses and of course made me cry. I'm such a sucker for romance.

Isn't it great when you know you've found "the one"? :)
  • Options

hedonist said:

It only took mine 7 months to propose. And he went all out...surrounded by white candles and white roses and of course made me cry. I'm such a sucker for romance.

Indeed. I was carried through the snow to a trail bridge overlooking a river. On bended knee, he asked me to marry him... Then he acted like he dropped the ring into the river. :lol:

To celebrate our engagement, M took me to Chuck E. Cheese's. :smiley:
  • Options
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Indeed. I was carried through the snow to a trail bridge overlooking a river. On bended knee, he asked me to marry him... Then he acted like he dropped the ring into the river. :lol:

I love both of these recounts.

My BIL unintentionally set his menu on fire while getting ready to propose at some fancy French restaurant. Not sure if he or the maitre d put it out.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    My brother took his beloved fishing.. he tied the ring the the fishing
    Line of her pole, and she cast it out without looking! My brother about died!! Luckily he reeled it in and the ring was still on the line! Whew! They have been married 13 yrs this Dec 10.
  • Options
    Perfume Parfum Fuck! Commercials for scents are incredibly stupid and narcissistic.
  • Options
    like and "SMELL ME" NOW!
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited November 2016
    hedonist said:

Perfume Parfum Fuck! Commercials for scents are incredibly stupid and narcissistic.

You should read Perfume.
    It's a Patrick Suskind novel
  • Options

hedonist said:

You should read Perfume.
    It's a Patrick Suskind novel
    Thank you for the recommendation but from the bit of the description I could manage to read, sounded like 50 shades minus 49. Yikes!
  • Options
    deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Oh how sweet! Except for pretending to drop the ring part. Because if that happened to me, the heart attack I would surely have would be anything but pretend. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    pretty much jekyl and hide! scary psycho yet informative of psyche..just saying..as she ests her ADAMS NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER

closest i could find in a jiffy!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    people who treat you like shit when your down sick and low and put more salt in your sensitive wounds, laugh about it and think you will forget about it and love them when they see you with roses,chocolate,charm,smile,popularity and a condom....well have i got news for you, kris treated me like shit and i will never like him again, put up with him bc hes human but never will he be let in my door again, and your luck doesn't look good either, and when i find you unattractive it's a sign you've slotted yourself amounst the kris group the no do loser list, and yes your becoming ugly to me
    sorry kris i know your a star in somebody elses sky just not mine and the feeling i bet is mutual, although i wish him no harm or suffering but to be treated as everybody else but nothing to do with me..
    yes how unattractive iv'e found you ex's
    if your intent was to be with me, you made the mistake of not sticking by me and supporting me in hard times like family should, but instead being the reason i hate, so i hate you more
    the person who wins my heart grieves with me, stands for me and grows with me
    not watch over me in a cruel manner of way, how stupid are you ????really stupid do you forgive your dad for being that mean to you no you love him but its a scar and lucky hes your dad you can perhaps find forgiveness but not to someone outside....
    sorry i dont forgive people who beat you when your low, my whole life has been a work low but never did james or mary say hurt her dont stick by her dont support her to the ones working who are not her immediate family where there is certain love which was jeopardized
    strangers have no right not even work excuse when you deliberately cause harm, what do you think im titanium and dont cave in,
    my comfort came from my family, my kids and from far away mary and james because they know the right way
    you cannot hurt a stranger you have not cultivated a trust and love with in the first place and also not plan ahead so as to show it was a trick unless you have that art like my family, whom teaches me as i go along, love first, trust next, teach hurt lesson, answer to lesson no harm intended but a surprise instead, turns out im a little negative and presumptuous for their benefit but it was for teaching and love no mockery or racism involved but all along proved faithful, you my friend have no grounds nor do you do that....
  • Options

deadendp said:

hedonist said:

Oh how sweet! Except for pretending to drop the ring part. Because if that happened to me, the heart attack I would surely have would be anything but pretend. :open_mouth:
    No lie. I went running, through the snow, across a bridge and he stopped me before ditching my long wool coat (my thought was that it would weigh me down in the water) and going down the embankment. He had the ring tied to him. He to me that not only did I get the ring, but I got him, too.
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,290

My brother took his beloved fishing.. he tied the ring the the fishing
    Line of her pole, and she cast it out without looking! My brother about died!! Luckily he reeled it in and the ring was still on the line! Whew! They have been married 13 yrs this Dec 10.

Sometimes, the only way to catch an uncatchable woman is to offer her a wedding ring. ~ Senior Ed Bloom
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Lovely engagement stories you've all shared thank you :)
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing and it feels good
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,519
    Tonight's must win game..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..