Comments

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    23scidoo said:

Pap said:

Third time an uncle! :triumph:

Congrats!!!!
    Merci beaucoup! :smiley:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    I don't have much choice really because there's too much I can't put up with and rather run besides I have a loathing which I doubt can be related
    So the offer seems welcoming and sweet but for now I keep my options open bc I'm impossible to please lol but I like to dream..thanx need more..dreams..
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    In a baseball game bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, bases loaded, 3 balls and 2 strikes:

I would think "I can do it."

A professional baseball player would think "Bring it on. "

I need to think like a baseball player.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Krumping
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    i wish i could easily get back to sleep i miss sleeping all through the night but my meds only allow me a few hours so no more dreams for me tonight :(
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    How someone can actually sit on a couch so long and do noting but watch a computer screen
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

How someone can actually sit on a couch so long and do noting but watch a computer screen

lol we are all guilty of that in my defense i cant work
  • Options
    Another tour is in order stat!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Good fathers, good men.
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,514
    JWPearl said:

i wish i could easily get back to sleep i miss sleeping all through the night but my meds only allow me a few hours so no more dreams for me tonight :(

:(
    That sounds dreadful. I hope that changes soon.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    PJ_Soul said:

Still beaming from a superb Mark Lanegan show last night. I even got a pic with him, shook his hand and had him sign my Bubblegum album :smiley:
    Unlost is on my mind as well. I am so glad that everything seems to have gone well.

That's awesome. I saw him open for Nick Cage, and he was super good, but it was weird, unfortunately, because it was a larger theatre, like maybe 2000 seats, and everyone was still entering the building, etc. So a small group of fans gathered around the edge of the big huge stage to watch him play while 75% of the seats were still empty and people were milling around, and the lights were still up. So this odd little intimate group stood there staring at him on this massive empty stage and he stared back... it was actually a bit awkward, lol. Plus it was only a 6 song set or something. So basically, I have not seen Mark Lanegan live even though I have, lol. Hoping he comes back to town alone! Glad you love it!

Yes, best wishes to Unlost Dogs for sure.
    It does sound odd! To me, he is the perfect small venue guy. The whole surrounding was just perfect for this kind of gig. And even though it was a small venue, it was packed. I still wonder why he does the whole signing thing afterwards. I mean I was floored to talk to him for a sec and shake his hand. But why does he do it? He is such an amazing artist. I feel like he deserves better, but then I am also happy that he does these small gigs because I am selfish :lol: In our pic, he cracked a tiny smile. Cav said he shouted, "Lisa, you always find the best looking guy to talk to at a bar!" hahaha That was when he smiled for a split second. I hope you get to see him soon with a proper set. I think the Detroit date was just the first one of the Northern American tour.
  • Options
    Nice to see you, Leeze :)

Been listening to a few Zep tunes from this show. So beautiful, and melts and melds with the scents here and the (almost?) full moon. Just a really nice and happy evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYGOsb6LeXs

Good wishes to you and Cav.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,771
    Happy fathers day!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Happy fathers day!!!!!

:plus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Good fathers, good men.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aow-CzM2W-Y

Happy Father's Day! :smile:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    she doesnt like the view
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Stuff...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,771
    food
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    How thankful I am for air-conditioning and electricity and shit.

And the strawberry moon.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    mapping out my day. why is work always in my way? lol....
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited June 2016
    My office friend who is a closeted gay man (and completely awesome) finally just came out to me in the most casual way possible, and I am so happy!! All this time it's been completely obvious that he is gay, but he has never come out to anyone at work at all (he even used to pretend he likes women when he was getting to know new people, but he doesn't fool anyone). His parents are very very traditional, so I think this whole issue is a tough thing for him. One would hope that it wouldn't be something a person would feel like he has to dance around with or be secret about this day and age, especially not when you're 27 years old, as he is, but family can really throw a wrench in, obviously). I've found it a little tough trying to pretend he's not gay and at the same time not act like he's straight. Plus it just kind of kept a wall between us a bit, like he couldn't really totally be himself while he stayed closeted (while knowing I knew, surely). And I wasn't about to confront him - that is 100% his thing to control.

Anyway, today I suppose he finally decided that he's comfortable enough around me to just let it out. All he did was come into my office and start talking about a date he had last night (first date he's ever said he had since I met him 1.5 years ago, and dating guys really is very new to him... this actually might have been his very first real gay date of his life in fact!), and he simply used the male pronoun while talking about it. That is how he finally came out to me. :giggle: Now, I actually wanted to jump up and hug him and tell him how happy I am that he finally feels like he can really be himself, and be open around me, and all that good shit... but given how he just slipped it in like that, as though I already knew and it was a given (which I did and it was), I decided to hold my shit together and act as though there was absolutely nothing out of the ordinary going on, lol (okay, my eyes started to water from happiness... I told him they were stinging, wtf, lol). I had the feeling that was how he hoped it would play out, since he alluded to it so incredibly casually and in passing. I hope I read that right and reacted in a way he appreciated or made him feel comfortable. I'm really not sure. Anyway, that was the most subtle big moment in a work friendship ever. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    im sleepy so i think im gonna take a nap
  • Options
    PJ, that's nice for him and that you dealt with it well, compassionately, and low-key.

In/on my mind...I think if I could play like this man - to channel music, notes, composers! - like he did, I too would sport that same face.

Just watching give me smiley tears.

Teary smiles.

Whatever. I'm floored by this beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuIHA4uQ4N8
  • Options
    hedonist said:

Just watching give me smiley tears.

What about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zzkalHmY10
  • Options
    my girl :heart:
  • Options
    Pap said:

sweet..

i should make more scones i think
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

Pap said:

sweet..

i should make more scones i think
    :smiley: Thanks! :hug:
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    A raise, I get a raise and it's exactly the sum I was asking for
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Just had a phone interview.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    bluegrace said:

A raise, I get a raise and it's exactly the sum I was asking for

Congratulations, bluegrace!