Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    tired might get some sleep..waves have a lovely day
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Today is the first day I have ever wore a tie into work/during normal work hours..
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    oh dear lord please let me get some sleep..
    getting off here to drink my milk and try and sleep
    waves..
    cant wait for future... so excited..and frisky lol
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    They will be removing the gum from the gum wall today...or at least trying to. 20 years of gum is a lot of gum.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    RKCNDY said:

They will be removing the gum from the gum wall today...or at least trying to. 20 years of gum is a lot of gum.

Take a before/after picture!
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    FrankieG said:

RKCNDY said:

Take a before/after picture!
    I would, but I have to go to work today...right now if I left it would take me about 45 minutes to get downtown (it typically takes 10 minutes). I wouldn't get back in time to get to work!

The wall has its own FB though... https://m.facebook.com/TheGumWall/
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    FrankieG said:

Today is the first day I have ever wore a tie into work/during normal work hours..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy2iUK63xiw
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    RKCNDY said:

oh no! I just put my gum there a month ago!

Why are they taking it off? Besides it being so gross of course...
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

RKCNDY said:

The sugar in the gum is bad for the brick apparently...it will be quite the job to clean it all off.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    yes, that is a hell of a lot of gum!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    edited November 2015
    RKCNDY said:

Sprunkn7 said:

RKCNDY said:

The sugar in the gum is bad for the brick apparently...it will be quite the job to clean it all off.
    Wouldn't any damage done by the layer of gum that is actually against the brick be over by now? 20 year old gum is not leaking sugar into the brick. That shit is like cement. New gum isn't going to do any more harm. How stupid. It sounds like a bullshit excuse to me. The gum wall is gross. But any kind of local, quirky kind of thing like that is valuable to a community IMO, so that's a shame.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    theres something wrong with me but i dont want to see a doctor
    i feel like i shot a grm of speed smoked a big bowl of pot
    been drinking alcohol all night and smoked cigarettes in between
    and i feel like the following morning hair of the dog worn out like im going to die feeling
    and no matter how much i sleep it doesnt go away and although id done this in my past
    ive done completely nothing not even a glass of wine lately and i feel like this
    i hate this feeling
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Watching a documentary about the battle between Russia and Japan in Manchuria and thinking how little I really know about world history (and geography I guess!)
  • Options
    nothing naughty just some fun for a ........depressed person like me
  • Options
    Yep could turn all negative in my head so I will pass bc once it's damaged its damaged
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

and i feel like the following morning hair of the dog worn out like im going to die feeling
    and no matter how much i sleep it doesnt go away and although id done this in my past
    ive done completely nothing not even a glass of wine lately and i feel like this
    i hate this feeling

def see a doctor....no need to suffer when some one maybe able to help you. Of course smoking is bad, so stop that asap!
  • Options
    'oh my'

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RKCNDY said:

'oh my'

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    My breakfast and 2003 official bootlegs.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

JWPearl said:

i hate this feeling

def see a doctor....no need to suffer when some one maybe able to help you. Of course smoking is bad, so stop that asap!
    I feel like much better except I can't move my arm and legs as much And think as straight which is weird perhaps it's a blood circulation thing I would tell me mum she would know but I can't bc she's sleeping at the moment so have to wait..but I like to add sprunkn I don't smoke lol which is why it felt weird but mum thinks it's because I had two nights without sleep and body low in iron couldn't catch up..
    Thanx so much for your concerns..I will just wait on mum the doc lol..
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,605
    JWPearl said:

Sprunkn7 said:

JWPearl said:

i hate this feeling

I feel like much better except I can't move my arm and legs as much And think as straight which is weird perhaps it's a blood circulation thing I would tell me mum she would know but I can't bc she's sleeping at the moment so have to wait..but I like to add sprunkn I don't smoke lol which is why it felt weird but mum thinks it's because I had two nights without sleep and body low in iron couldn't catch up..
    Thanx so much for your concerns..I will just wait on mum the doc lol..
    Those sound like really serious medical symptoms though JW. I would venture to say that you NEED to see a real doctor ASAP. Maybe even go to the ER.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    yes i think i have insomnia, been in bed laying down thinking all night, music off lights off and just couldnt sleep so i will make an appointment soon..

personal note sometimes its really hard to be nice..
  • Options
    dankind said:

RKCNDY said:

'oh my'

that looks scary will someone stop with details and tell me if i should be happy or sad..
    scared to see my medical conditions!
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Thinking about Wesley Willis. He was so great.
  • Options
    if i didnt have my mum i think i would do myself in lol
    feel better now thought i was in trouble
    sounds like its going to be a lovely day for me
    looking forward to the birds and the bees and the butterflies hehe
  • Options
    thinking about my daughter
    she has a new job
    but i was very disappointed in her
    with things she did to be honest
    furious and heart broken
    but am proud of her in her new
    job apparently shes doing well
    i just wish she was able to
    seek advice from me and i feel
    really annoyed about this, it is
    one regret i have from her
    sickness but i guess its not her
    fault but im still upset and proud
    at the same time..
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    edited November 2015
    So this past weekend I got such a great surprise. I have NO idea how so many people kept it from me! As a belated birthday present, my mom flew my boyfriend in to surprise me for the weekend. I got home from work, and there he was in my room! I was so shocked! It was so wonderful to see him and spend time with him. Much needed.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    samjam said:

So this past weekend I got such a great surprise. I have NO idea how so many people kept it from me! As a belated birthday present, my mom flew my boyfriend in to surprise me for the weekend. I got home from work, and there he was in my room! I was so shocked! It was so wonderful to see him and spend time with him. Much needed.

Sam, this is fantastic! Good job, Sam's mom.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    JWPearl said:

if i didnt have my mum i think i would do myself in lol
    feel better now thought i was in trouble
    sounds like its going to be a lovely day for me
    looking forward to the birds and the bees and the butterflies hehe

Moms can be a great thing. Love my mama.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited November 2015
    I am very thankful for a sweet sweet dream I had last night. :)
    Post edited by pickupyourwill on