2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    fruitage of the spirit namely righteousness..
    galations 5;22-26

im getting off the net soonish
  • Options
    is held for me completely by james, as well as funds divided at the moment but will be all mine thanks from mum and dad and james.....love my home..
    this is why we trust each other bc i would do the same for me and he knows he can trust me..
    so kids will only get saving nothing other bc i can always get it back again its a great system i have with my pal and buddy.....dreams!
  • Options
    a sphincter says what
  • Options
    well it was sposed to be personal but news is news i guess
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    things are getting ridiculous, and not in a good way
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    Sprunkn7 said:

things are getting ridiculous, and not in a good way

what do you mean..
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    how bad i need to go back to school so i won't have to work retail the rest of my life... :neutral:
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    ^^i would to just love to study things too if i was well and able..
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

how bad i need to go back to school so i won't have to work retail the rest of my life... :neutral:

What about going to an employment staffing office? I went to one and temped for a few weeks, they liked me so much they trained me on their software and I got hired on as soon as my temp contract was done. Lots of bigger companies hire this way instead of posting on job sites. Didn't have to go back to school.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    been in bed just thinking and couldnt get back to sleep so got headphones on and going to listen to music..
    my good thoughts are my goals and my bad thoughts are pursued in dreams and God forbid if they ever become real bc it would have to mean my waters have run dry :worried:
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    RKCNDY said:

What about going to an employment staffing office? I went to one and temped for a few weeks, they liked me so much they trained me on their software and I got hired on as soon as my temp contract was done. Lots of bigger companies hire this way instead of posting on job sites. Didn't have to go back to school.
    not speaking for NAIS but my own issue with job seeking is actually finding the employment staffing agency. If you ever just google employment agency or staffing agency it's just a bunch of spam.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

not speaking for NAIS but my own issue with job seeking is actually finding the employment staffing agency. If you ever just google employment agency or staffing agency it's just a bunch of spam.
    i've never thought of that, actually. i just don't know what i would be good at. i'm 25 and have no idea what i want to do with my life. i'm grateful to have 2 jobs right now, both in retail, but i'm not happy. it's absolutely frustrating.
  • Options
    when we were young,, truly i tell you i see red..
    just butterflies i tell you haha..
  • Options

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

i've never thought of that, actually. i just don't know what i would be good at. i'm 25 and have no idea what i want to do with my life. i'm grateful to have 2 jobs right now, both in retail, but i'm not happy. it's absolutely frustrating.
    I understand your frustrations! I hate retail! I got out as fast as I could. The staffing agency I went to asked me, if I was interested in labor or office work, then they had me take a few competency tests to see what I was good at...not so much dictation/typing, but I was fast at 10-key and sorting, so they found a job working in the mail room at a corporate office, I got hired to do data entry. Try to look into it, even the unemployment office, I realize you are not unemployed, but they have free resources and job postings there as well. You are young, so some companies may be willing to train you on the job.

This is the company I used: http://www.adeccousa.com/
    They may or may not have local chapters/offices in your area...but it doesn't hurt to submit your info and see what happens.

Good Luck!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    just had to reread your message to get the gist of it
    thats pretty lucky for you to get that job but wouldnt you
    rather pick what you wanted first to get in line with what you wanted
    or do you just put your hopes in any basket
  • Options
    JWPearl said:

You cannot just pick wherever you want to work. It is the employment agency's job to match your skills to the job openings the companies are offering.

I wasn't putting all of my hopes in any basket, I wanted to work to be a contributing member of society, and to make money. Most employers like to hire people that have job experience, when you have enough experience, then you can try to apply for the job that you really want.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

I understand your frustrations! I hate retail! I got out as fast as I could. The staffing agency I went to asked me, if I was interested in labor or office work, then they had me take a few competency tests to see what I was good at...not so much dictation/typing, but I was fast at 10-key and sorting, so they found a job working in the mail room at a corporate office, I got hired to do data entry. Try to look into it, even the unemployment office, I realize you are not unemployed, but they have free resources and job postings there as well. You are young, so some companies may be willing to train you on the job.

They may or may not have local chapters/offices in your area...but it doesn't hurt to submit your info and see what happens.

Good Luck!
    I agree with RK. In the past I have worked at a couple of different temp agencies, and they give you a skills assessment when you go for an interview. I found work through both Normann Temps and Manpower. At each of the jobs that I was placed, they wanted to hire me full time. The upside is: if you don't like the job, you can ask the agency to find you something else, or you can just ride it out, knowing it is temporary.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,654
    edited November 2015
    JWPearl said:

Picking what you want to do and then searching for that work is often how people end up unemployed and looking for work for years on end.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    sweet sleep..bonsoir.. dont get too annoyed with the world.. besides i like it if you do a little.....dream nicely..
  • Options
    We have pheasants here and I like watching the colourful ones walk around and do their thing.
    Today at work a guy said he killed one for no other reason than to sight his rifle.
    Sucks.
  • Options
    Amsterdam
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Amsterdam

+1

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    honestly spending time with my dad..hes so protective not offensive at all just guarding me..i love it..
    now im just listening to music on the radio.. :)
    and waiting for a response from my baton..
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    just had wine and listening to music..
    Post edited by JWPearl on
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    I'm going to start a collection of scratch off tickets that are one away from winning big. And in a few years I'm going to frame them and have my very first gallery show.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    i feel as though i shouldnt drink anymore.. what went from feeling merry has made me feel rather lost :( did enjoy the moments though with family and loved one
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    €1000 lesson learned, always trust your first instincts!
  • Options

€1000 lesson learned, always trust your first instincts!

Yikes! I hope everything is ok.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

RKCNDY said:

ldent42 said:

RKCNDY said:

Good Luck!
    I agree with RK. In the past I have worked at a couple of different temp agencies, and they give you a skills assessment when you go for an interview. I found work through both Normann Temps and Manpower. At each of the jobs that I was placed, they wanted to hire me full time. The upside is: if you don't like the job, you can ask the agency to find you something else, or you can just ride it out, knowing it is temporary.
    thank you both, appreciate the advice. :smile: