Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    edited June 2015
    SD48277 said:

This Saturday is my white water rafting trip. The Arkansas River is swollen and raging, but the trip is still on! This means class 4 Rapids become class5, and 3's become 4's! I signed in to a DOOOZIE!! Can't wait! I have only seen the Royal Gorge Canyon from the highway, and I alaway a wanted to go on the bridge. Now I get to go under it. But unfortunately, I have not found a waterproof case for the phone, so no pics unless someone there takes them for us. But what's REALLY on my mind, is I finally feel comfortable in my bathing suit.... How sad is that??

Have fun, and be careful--we don't want you ending up in the MOTHERF**KER! thread.
    Incidentally I was reading the AHHHHHHHH thread before bed, and dreamt about my trip and that thread!! But yeah the MOTHERF*CKER thread would be worse!
  • Options
    I work ALLLLLLLLL day today. But then I have the next three days off! Woo hoo! And whitewater rafting Saturday!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I've been in the land of asshats. Rummage sale week. I'm the coordinator. Old people fight. Old people get nasty. I have to have people who want me to bow down at their feet because they've donated some of the NASTIEST SHIT! Ask Tree and Susan! They saw the picture of the fridge that qualified as need of hazmat. My daughter was on that pick-up with them. "Mom, I just can't get the smell out of my nose." :frowning:

The story of the week regarding pick-ups is the one dude who I swear uses the rummage sale as a couch flip service for his house. He gets one and trades off the old every year. I had pick-ups scheduled. He f'd those all up and because of the biblical rains we've been getting, Noah floated by on the ark and waved, so we had to ditch on picking a couch up on Monday night. He decided to go out himself. My husband offered, but said he'd have to wait until Thursday night. When he went by himself, the husband was home. He was happy to help. Tim claimed he knocked on the door, heard no one and decided to haul it himself-- on the wood finish of the couch and across a concrete driveway, leaving hunks of wood as a trail. The people who donated it are upset because it's an expensive couch. I'm mortified because he had the offer of help from two people and decided to decline, basically disrespecting someone by treating their otherwise wonderful donation like shit and not caring.

Two more days. I'm ready to collapse.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Not being at work....I'm in such a mood I just don't want to deal with anything....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752

I work ALLLLLLLLL day today. But then I have the next three days off! Woo hoo! And whitewater rafting Saturday!

That's good you decided to go and do that. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

That's good you decided to go and do that. :)
    Good seeing you, PJ Soul! Hope you're feeling better. :-)
  • Options
    deadendp said:

I've been in the land of asshats. Rummage sale week. I'm the coordinator. Old people fight. Old people get nasty. I have to have people who want me to bow down at their feet because they've donated some of the NASTIEST SHIT! Ask Tree and Susan! They saw the picture of the fridge that qualified as need of hazmat. My daughter was on that pick-up with them. "Mom, I just can't get the smell out of my nose." :frowning:

The story of the week regarding pick-ups is the one dude who I swear uses the rummage sale as a couch flip service for his house. He gets one and trades off the old every year. I had pick-ups scheduled. He f'd those all up and because of the biblical rains we've been getting, Noah floated by on the ark and waved, so we had to ditch on picking a couch up on Monday night. He decided to go out himself. My husband offered, but said he'd have to wait until Thursday night. When he went by himself, the husband was home. He was happy to help. Tim claimed he knocked on the door, heard no one and decided to haul it himself-- on the wood finish of the couch and across a concrete driveway, leaving hunks of wood as a trail. The people who donated it are upset because it's an expensive couch. I'm mortified because he had the offer of help from two people and decided to decline, basically disrespecting someone by treating their otherwise wonderful donation like shit and not caring.

The fridge was GROSS! It looked like a murder occurred in there! It was BAD!! But to Amy's credit, she made it all come together! And for that YOU ROCK GIRL!! :rock_on:
  • Options
    edited June 2015

deadendp said:

The fridge was GROSS! It looked like a murder occurred in there! It was BAD!! But to Amy's credit, she made it all come together! And for that YOU ROCK GIRL!! :rock_on:
    I rock even though I said, "I will not clean that." And, "I'm making an executive decision. That needs to go do the dumpster?" Thanks, Tree!

FYI-- we will no longer be accepting large appliances (it has become a health hazard and hauling service being abused by the parishioners) and TVs. Those just don't sell.

Overbearing old women. Men getting testy. I have a RAGING case of PMS. (The timing couldn't be more perfect.) And now we have the, "I know that it's marked $15, but I'll give you $1 for it" people. Did I mention the leak in the roof that I've had to continue to take tubs and totes to collect the leaking water from the flooding rains we've been having?

The building needs new air conditioning. (It's what I'm helping to raise money for.) The building needs new air conditioning . . . rinse (under the roof leak) and repeat . . .
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    ^^^ *still gagging from the 'fridge pic* Yes, Amy, you do rock. People are turds.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    packing and dentist
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    research / study
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    it sucks being off on WED and THURS and then having to come back for one day before the weekend.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Wondering if I'm gonna get stuck at O'Hare airport. Flying stand-by sucks sometimes.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    cant wait till monday
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    Tonight
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Milan
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    girls
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    World Refugee Day

With courage let us all combine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTs2AQegm0A
    Post edited by Pap on
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    I hope the feral/stray cat will be ok. I have to stop feeding him since the raccoon beat him to the food dish last night.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Watching the Danish drama 1864 and it's an incredibly graphic reminder of the horrors of war and the senselessness of those who pursue it
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    I'm ready for an extended vacation. It's been a while since I've been able to travel anywhere interesting.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    i said goodbye to some friends tonight that i will never see again,,,,,,im sad but know this is what i have to do.... till tomorrow friends.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    Another weekend without Grexit..
    Happy Fathers Day..thank you dad..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Happy Father's Day & Have a marvelous summer everyone! :peace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA_VPBzoToM
  • Options
    Took my husband and daughter hiking in PA yesterday. Went here:
    photo nBOIFRcLeo1UNd_uORXClCIXiTX_4mj7rfrMYKs2zvcsSxTTJ_zpsc8jxdsvt.jpeg
    (Slippery Rock Creek Gorge at McConnell's Mill State Park)

On the way home, we hopped off the highway to drop my dad's gift off. I smelled something hot. Checked the gauges. :whew: Wasn't me. Went up to the next light (about a block away) and smelled something hot. There was a car in front of me. It has to be them. Hmmm. Drive another block or so down to my parent's house, pull in the driveway and the hot smell followed me. It was me. Had a caliper lock up and I came in the driveway with a back break smoking. My dad gave us tools to use and we went home to the neighbor's driveway, took the ailing brake apart, greased it all up and put it back together. Whew! It works. Just sucks that it had to be on Father's Day. Better that it didn't happen in PA and all of those winding roads!
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    edited June 2015
    My father actually acknowledged that he wasn't there for me growing up....and told me he appreciated me still wishing him a happy father's day, and thanked me for being his daughter and told me how much he loved me...this was yesterday, but it's still on my mind...it kinda blew my mind...because he's never done that before....maybe he's finally growing up! lol What he said meant a lot to me though....I've waited almost 33 years for it....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    My mother just told me that my niece, who lives in America, has been getting calls from the American Army trying to recruit her as she's going into her final year in school. I never realised they recruit so aggressively, or that they target foreigners as well! Strange....it's a whole different world over there
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    I suddenly have a really random hankering to watch Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure..... I like that their shitty music somehow brings peace and harmony to the world, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I suddenly have a really random hankering to watch Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure..... I like that their shitty music somehow brings peace and harmony to the world, lol.

I was JUST thinking about that movie!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

My mother just told me that my niece, who lives in America, has been getting calls from the American Army trying to recruit her as she's going into her final year in school. I never realised they recruit so aggressively, or that they target foreigners as well! Strange....it's a whole different world over there

you wouldn't believe how bad it was in like 2002. I don't know what the universal rule is or if they is one, and I can only speak from my own experience, but the public High School would give over the information of students who were 17+ to the army recruiters. They would specifically target poorly performing schools (which are in poor neighborhoods) and target students with less than stellar records. One of my friends they flat out asked him when the last time he got high. Not like 'do you use any drugs' but flat out 'how long has it been'. And they came after me too, but I told them to fuck off and hung up on them - they called me back and told me the police were on their way to my apartment and recited my address to me, because I "verbally harassed" them. I didn't stick around to find out if the cops ever showed up or not. One of the tactics they'd use going after the boys was to tell them that they'd never get into college and even if they did by some miracle they're not able to pay for it. They would go after them before they got to the point of looking at schools where they would learn about financial aid and CUNY, it might sound stupid cuz I mean we'd just been attacked - you could see that shit from my HS they had cops in front of the windows for that reason, but a lot of my friends bought into it, got sucked in or convinced or whatever you'd like to call it. As of right now none of them have gotten a college degree using the GI Bill. But one of them is like very close and he's even in a private school, so hes probably going to be the first. Still, we're talking 1 out of like 15+?

It's fucking scary. And terrible.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435