Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Counting Crows were great tonight (loved Seasick Steve too) but jesus it felt so short! Could hardly believe it when they went off for the encore break after about 8 songs and we were all done and dusted by 10.30pm
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    My grandma is moving here to Oregon to live with my mom and will be here in less than a month, I am soooooooo excited!!!! :smiley:
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    dankind said:

That, over the next two nights, basically any desperate horny single guy around Boston would probably do OK for himself if he just hung around TD Garden and struck up a conversation with one of the members of the fairer sex exiting the NKOTB concert.

Just sayin'....

:lol:
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    dankind said:

That, over the next two nights, basically any desperate horny single guy around Boston would probably do OK for himself if he just hung around TD Garden and struck up a conversation with one of the members of the fairer sex exiting the NKOTB concert.

Just sayin'....

:rofl:
    He's guaranteed to get some if he wears a shirt with their pic on it.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    Friends
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    RKCNDY said:

dankind said:

Just sayin'....

:rofl:
    He's guaranteed to get some if he wears a shirt with their pic on it.
    Also, if you swap the gender roles and substitute the band Rush, which was in town a few nights ago, I think it still works.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    I haven't seen TWTM around lately.. And I kinda miss him. :-( hope everything is ok.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    We went to to the J Roddy Walston and the Business concert the other night at Musica. We got there early, I went for merch and sent Mark for a spot. He stepped on up and grabbed center front. (Short girls in the front!) He was standing next to me and next to him was a guy about 3 times his size. (Feel sorry for all the short girls behind him.) At any rate, chickie doodle comes on up. I saw the chickie doodle schmooze at PJ. She was trying to work her way up to the front. My husband had intentions of standing behind me anyhow so he moved back. (In the pit, people like to try to knock me down like a bowling pin. If he stands behind me, it helps.) She tried to schmooze me. I had my place. I wasn't moving and I didn't care that she was 4x my size. (All the way around.)

She sets her crap on the stage. (Which was all at about knee level on me.)

She sets her beer on the floor. (The stage has tape that says, "No Drinks.")

She stands. She kneels. She sits on the stage. We think that this is just opening exercises for the main event. It's gross to think of her kneeling on a sticky bar/club floor, but whatever works for her. (Ewww.) She starts being all 12 years old and fake punching giant dude. She's trying to be all come hithery with him and it is so blatant and cheesy. It's such comedy that I admit I'm listening because, well, I'm standing there anyhow.

The opener comes out. She still leaves her crap on the stage. (Tiny stage.) Okay. Weird, but whatever. They finish up, she snags their setlist and soundcheck guy for JRoddy comes out and while he's doing his thing, chickie doodle keeps hitting on giant dude. They swap stories of where they work, how far they drove to get there . . . (I don't miss dating.) My husband and I are quietly taking it all in.

They roll the piano out in front of me so that I have the greatest view ever. She keeps taking photos of her touching the piano. Really? Get your hands off shit that doesn't belong to you. But now, she decides that my spot is swell. My stance gets a little wider as she keeps trying to move me down. Um, I don't think so. She keeps hip bumping me. Back off bitch.

JRoddy comes out and gets the show rolling. A few songs in, my friend Toni shows up. We're dancing and singing and having a grand time.

Remember chickie doodle leaving her crap on the stage? This is where that becomes relevant. She gets into her purse, and somehow flips the switch to the strip plug that the guitarist is on. His guitar goes out, but he recovers and flips the switch. I wasn't positive that's what happened, but Toni did confirm my thoughts. She did see it.

JRW and the bassist were giving the guitarist and drummer a break so they were doing a song together. It was a bit more quiet. She sits on the stage and beats on the stage floor while they are performing.

She and giant dude danced in a twirling around way. He plows into me. (He apologized and felt bad since I was probably the size of his leg.) He was sweating so much that my arm was completely soaked from when he ran into me. It was like a rerun of Along Came Polly, the basketball scene.

The concert ended and I found that my husband and body guard took the brunt of giant dude and chickie doodle for me. He kept them from moving in on my space and repeatedly got sweated on. He called "shower first." He won. I couldn't argue with that.

Toni thought chickie doodle and giant guy were dating and came together. "They were all over each other." "I was there when they met. Didn't know each other before. I think they'll know each other well after tonight though."
    photo 7-bpQIWliEHW63z8gBgpC-Bwe52wJkOXkPgjO5DZEFQsSxTTJ_zpsastvcfig.jpegphoto udkkMwmHjoRD6_jhtovB1jeNoxIQ38fl-d-cx1eVU9ssSxTTJ_zpswl24xbb1.jpeg
    We did have a great time. So good. So very good.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

We went to to the J Roddy Walston and the Business concert the other night at Musica. We got there early, I went for merch and sent Mark for a spot. He stepped on up and grabbed center front. (Short girls in the front!) He was standing next to me and next to him was a guy about 3 times his size. (Feel sorry for all the short girls behind him.) At any rate, chickie doodle comes on up. I saw the chickie doodle schmooze at PJ. She was trying to work her way up to the front. My husband had intentions of standing behind me anyhow so he moved back. (In the pit, people like to try to knock me down like a bowling pin. If he stands behind me, it helps.) She tried to schmooze me. I had my place. I wasn't moving and I didn't care that she was 4x my size. (All the way around.)

She stands. She kneels. She sits on the stage. We think that this is just opening exercises for the main event. It's gross to think of her kneeling on a sticky bar/club floor, but whatever works for her. (Ewww.) She starts being all 12 years old and fake punching giant dude. She's trying to be all come hithery with him and it is so blatant and cheesy. It's such comedy that I admit I'm listening because, well, I'm standing there anyhow.

The opener comes out. She still leaves her crap on the stage. (Tiny stage.) Okay. Weird, but whatever. They finish up, she snags their setlist and soundcheck guy for JRoddy comes out and while he's doing his thing, chickie doodle keeps hitting on giant dude. They swap stories of where they work, how far they drove to get there . . . (I don't miss dating.) My husband and I are quietly taking it all in.

They roll the piano out in front of me so that I have the greatest view ever. She keeps taking photos of her touching the piano. Really? Get your hands off shit that doesn't belong to you. But now, she decides that my spot is swell. My stance gets a little wider as she keeps trying to move me down. Um, I don't think so. She keeps hip bumping me. Back off bitch.

JRoddy comes out and gets the show rolling. A few songs in, my friend Toni shows up. We're dancing and singing and having a grand time.

Remember chickie doodle leaving her crap on the stage? This is where that becomes relevant. She gets into her purse, and somehow flips the switch to the strip plug that the guitarist is on. His guitar goes out, but he recovers and flips the switch. I wasn't positive that's what happened, but Toni did confirm my thoughts. She did see it.

JRW and the bassist were giving the guitarist and drummer a break so they were doing a song together. It was a bit more quiet. She sits on the stage and beats on the stage floor while they are performing.

She and giant dude danced in a twirling around way. He plows into me. (He apologized and felt bad since I was probably the size of his leg.) He was sweating so much that my arm was completely soaked from when he ran into me. It was like a rerun of Along Came Polly, the basketball scene.

The concert ended and I found that my husband and body guard took the brunt of giant dude and chickie doodle for me. He kept them from moving in on my space and repeatedly got sweated on. He called "shower first." He won. I couldn't argue with that.

Toni thought chickie doodle and giant guy were dating and came together. "They were all over each other." "I was there when they met. Didn't know each other before. I think they'll know each other well after tonight though."
    photo 7-bpQIWliEHW63z8gBgpC-Bwe52wJkOXkPgjO5DZEFQsSxTTJ_zpsastvcfig.jpegphoto udkkMwmHjoRD6_jhtovB1jeNoxIQ38fl-d-cx1eVU9ssSxTTJ_zpswl24xbb1.jpeg

Well fair play to you for having a good time after having her doing her best to ensure you didn't :)
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Ahh good times good times!! Lol it's even better the second time told!! Glad you had fun though, despite, rude, obnoxious, groupie behavior. Love the name Chickie Doodle BTW! Lol
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I don't want to go to work...I'm so drained right now.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,929
    What the fuck happened to this place???

SOMEBODY SAY SOMETHING!!! ANYTHING!!!!

I have been on this board almost an hour, and nobody has said a damned thing. I remember when we could all be talking in 15-20 threads at the same time. Everyone was involved and everyone had fun.

Now? Its a fucking disaster.
    Unless of course you want to go to the Porch, and find out when everybody urinates, during a show.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Hey there, Speedy. I was picking my kiddo up from volunteering and working on cleaning my kitchen. Sorry about the gap.

Whatcha wanna talk about?
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Hey there, Speedy. I was picking my kiddo up from volunteering and working on cleaning my kitchen. Sorry about the gap.

Whatcha wanna talk about?

Hahaha

Hows the weather?
    Whats for lunch?

• Options
    It just started raining. The windows are open, but it's straight down, so it isn't flying into the windows-- yet. It is maybe 70 F.

Brave Man's Death is spinning.

Homemade chicken salad is for lunch.
  • Options
    Speedy,

Did you read my diatribe up above? Have you ever experienced someone sitting on a stage and unintentionally interfering with a show because they had to keep their belongings on the stage?

Do tell!
  • Options
    deadendp said:

Speedy,

Did you read my diatribe up above? Have you ever experienced someone sitting on a stage and unintentionally interfering with a show because they had to keep their belongings on the stage?

Do tell!

You should market your homemade chicken salad.

CHICKIE DOODLE!!!!!

Its a million dollar idea!
  • Options

deadendp said:

Speedy,

Do tell!

CHICKIE DOODLE!!!!!

It's good stuff. Not your standard chicken salad. I add hard boiled eggs, some frozen corn and carrot shavings. I would have liked more pepper, but my FIL wouldn't eat it if I put in too much. Chickie Doodle Salad sounds like a wonderful name! I didn't even connect that one!

See what happens when we all talk? Now if you'll excuse me, my laundry is begging for my attention and my kiddo wants to go to the live animal show at the library. I'll be back later. I promise. =)
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243

I have been on this board almost an hour, and nobody has said a damned thing. I remember when we could all be talking in 15-20 threads at the same time. Everyone was involved and everyone had fun.

Unless of course you want to go to the Porch, and find out when everybody urinates, during a show.

Save that potty talk for the Porch, Speedy. Or the Irritating Office Behavior thread.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    :rofl: "chickie doodle"
    How do I shmooze my way into front row? I need to learn that skill.

Also speaking as a 5'2 female it really irks me when giant humans find it necessary to stand in the front row center spot of a small venue/not very elevated stage. I don't have a photo but I went to some tiny venue upstate which was more bar than anything else - the stage was really only a step or two off the floor. The opening band had a female lead singer who was about 5' tall and some dude stood dead in front of her, who was at eye level with her. Like, why? I don't get it.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    :chicken::chicken::chicken::chicken:...for Amy.
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    deadendp said:

deadendp said:

Speedy,

Do tell!

CHICKIE DOODLE!!!!!

It's good stuff. Not your standard chicken salad. I add hard boiled eggs, some frozen corn and carrot shavings. I would have liked more pepper, but my FIL wouldn't eat it if I put in too much. Chickie Doodle Salad sounds like a wonderful name! I didn't even connect that one!

See what happens when we all talk? Now if you'll excuse me, my laundry is begging for my attention and my kiddo wants to go to the live animal show at the library. I'll be back later. I promise. =)
    I'm checking in from work; break.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    ldent42 said:

:rofl: "chickie doodle"
    How do I shmooze my way into front row? I need to learn that skill.

Also speaking as a 5'2 female it really irks me when giant humans find it necessary to stand in the front row center spot of a small venue/not very elevated stage. I don't have a photo but I went to some tiny venue upstate which was more bar than anything else - the stage was really only a step or two off the floor. The opening band had a female lead singer who was about 5' tall and some dude stood dead in front of her, who was at eye level with her. Like, why? I don't get it.

My friend who did make it up front to join us got her Derby Girl skills back on. She made it through. I agree, I don't have that skill.

When we were in Cincy for the PJ show, a giant human (probably 6' 7" with no exaggeration) wanted my spot. Really? I mean, really? YOU CAN'T SEE OVER MY LIL LESS THAN 5' 1" BODY? My husband and another nearly giant human covered me and told me that they wouldn't let it happen.

Y'all, SHORT PEOPLE IN THE FRONT, please!

And yes, the stage was only a step and a half up off the floor. I gotcha there.

Lack of consideration stuns me. But like I said, my man gladly gave up his spot to one of the most annoying humans ever because he is a kind man and does things like that. He body guarded me from behind to make sure I wasn't knocked down and that the two vinyl records I had in a string backpack on my back weren't snapped in half by giant dude while he was twirling chickie doodle around.
    - - - - - - - - -
    In other news that just happened and embarrassing at that, I just texted my MIL a message intended for my husband. You see, we're trying for open enrollment for my daughter for school for the coming school years. The school we were all pulling for just sent a rejection based on lack of space. They said that they'll keep her app on file through the end of the summer. It's not a hardcore rejection, just a space issue. I get that.

The text that I received and swore was from my husband was: Ok. If she gets accepted somewhere else, what do you do? My heart is breaking too. I can just scream. She is going through a lot. She needed a new start at a new school. I am sure if you paid, she would get in.

My response to who I thought was my husband:
    I could offer to sleep with someone but I don't believe that my skills are highly marketable in that area. (I kid.) (And yes, I added the "I kid" in parentheses to the text.)

I hit send and realized it was to my MIL and not my husband. (Listed both under ML in my phone.)

Her response: Oh my.

My response back as I was laughing my ass off: Okay, I thought I was kidding and leaving M that message. Just so you know, I would not do that and cash would not buy her in. People do that which is what is sad and why I make that unfortunate reference. I am not that girl.

MIL: Don't worry. I understand. A lot of frustration today.

Me: I'm sorry. What you sent sounded just like something M would have said! :dying of embarrassment:

MIL: Oh Amy. We all would do it if it could help. Dad, too. Anything for K.

I tried to call my husband, but he's busy at work. I should probably tell him about the text conversation I had with his mother. He's is going to laugh so hard.
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    ^^^:rofl:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

I'd just like to leave this beautiful message right here....keep Ireland in your thoughts this week!

http://www.votewithus.org/video/stephen-fry-qi-guests/

Jenny, do you know how I could get a couple of those buttons people are wearing in the video? I have a couple of friends here who would love them.
    If you're still interested in those pins you may get them here :)

https://yesequality.myshopify.com/
  • Options

SD48277 said:

I'd just like to leave this beautiful message right here....keep Ireland in your thoughts this week!

http://www.votewithus.org/video/stephen-fry-qi-guests/

Jenny, do you know how I could get a couple of those buttons people are wearing in the video? I have a couple of friends here who would love them.
    If you're still interested in those pins you may get them here :)

https://yesequality.myshopify.com/
    Yes! Thank you, Jenny!!!
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    I'm thinking about the fact that a 1/4 inch of blue eyeliner was enough on Michael Stipe in this documentary.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Muse really are something very special, more of my life needs to be spent listening to Matt Bellamy...
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,992
    mike the knight is really annoying and whinny....

lol
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115

Fuck Cincy...

I'll post for a while, then leave for a bit, then come back, etc.

But Fuck Cincy is one thing I'll never forget about this place. That and the Boston Puker. :lol: