Options

what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    They say you never forget your first love....mine was Metallica and I'm enjoying a glorious rediscovery of their brilliance :)
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

They say you never forget your first love....mine was Metallica and I'm enjoying a glorious rediscovery of their brilliance :)

After their Black album (saw them 3x from AJFAll to Black album) bit they lost me with Load and albums after. My husband informs me that their newest is great. I'll give it a whirl someday.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Well it's an improvement on St Anger at least :P
  • Options
    With Oscars in the forum lately I wanted to post this.
    I have watched this countless times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9Dq_RVkkOc
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Well it's an improvement on St Anger at least :P

I forgot about that one.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    I try to :)
  • Options
    Was looking up something on the internet and came across a death notice for a local girl only 18 years of age. She was from my area and went to my old school but I didn't know her at all. Even still, reading of the sudden death of one so young really shakes me. I found myself trawling the internet trying to find anything that would tell me the cause of death, as if somehow that would be reassuring in some way....
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Decided that when I get a place of my own, which is hopefully by the end of next month, I will be getting a bearded dragon as a pet :) Accepting name suggestions now!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    samjam said:

Decided that when I get a place of my own, which is hopefully by the end of next month, I will be getting a bearded dragon as a pet :) Accepting name suggestions now!

Female: Petunia
    Male: Algernon
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093

Was looking up something on the internet and came across a death notice for a local girl only 18 years of age. She was from my area and went to my old school but I didn't know her at all. Even still, reading of the sudden death of one so young really shakes me. I found myself trawling the internet trying to find anything that would tell me the cause of death, as if somehow that would be reassuring in some way....

I do the same. it's an odd behaviour, but you're right....it's in hopes of finding some comfort. Not sure why, exactly.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    DayQuil
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

I do the same. it's an odd behaviour, but you're right....it's in hopes of finding some comfort. Not sure why, exactly.

Our fear of death I guess :(
  • Options

Our fear of death I guess :(
    I don't know if it's that. I think young death just saddens me greatly. not sure if it's because I have kids. I tend to feel incredibly deeply (not bragging-it's to my own detriment), and when I see that, I feel so sad for the family as if it happened to someone I know. that's why i avoid the obits now. When I see one for a baby it just sets me off.

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,451
    Hoping I can start focusing more at work.....I am a CPA (Chartered accountant to some of you), and I need to get my brain in sync so I can power through some tax returns.
  • Options
    An interview tomorrow, and one on Thursday. So happy things are picking up! Hopefully something good comes out of these.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    edited February 2015
    @samjam
    Wish you good luck for tomorrow ... hope all will go perfect for you!

...and if you like to talk or if you have questions about bearded dragons than feel free and pm me. I had two and loved them. But today I would chose maybe a cat...just to act in the animals interest.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490

funny..she was just found me at facebook and friend request me..shit i felt old after all those years passed
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    kce8 said:

@samjam
    Wish you good luck for tomorrow ... hope all will go perfect for you!

...and if you like to talk or if you have questions about bearded dragons than feel free and pm me. I had two and loved them. But today I would chose maybe a cat...just to act in the animals interest.

Thank you kindly! I will definitely PM you when the time comes about the beardie. Any tips would be useful, as I'll be a first time owner! (Would have chosen a kitten, too, tbh, but my boyfriend is allergic, so there goes that). But really just an all-around animal lover, and after doing some research, the beardie looks like the perfect pet for my situation!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    i hope i get well soon.... got a flight to catch to NYC on thursday to hang out with my friends- Susan and Nart!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    lolobugg said:

i hope i get well soon.... got a flight to catch to NYC on thursday to hang out with my friends- Susan and Nart!!!

:rock_on:
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    edited February 2015
    samjam said:

My friend had one. His name was Merlin (the lizard) ;) He enjoyed watching tv and if you scratched his head, he would squint his eyes. And he was an escape artist. I never knew where I would find him when I was dragon sitting.
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    sliding into my truck and driving home from work and having tomorrow OFF!!!! :-)
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    I just wanna DANCE.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,836

I just wanna DANCE.

I had this same feeling...went old school and into the cave...rockin a bunch of Bob Segar and John Cougar a la the eighties. Sometimes you need to go to a strange place to let it all out.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I just had a hilarious image of P dancing, because he wants to!

Get the need though.

Great purge.

Seger and Mellencamp (the fuck is his name these days?) are awesome musical roads to release.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

samjam said:

My friend had one. His name was Merlin (the lizard) ;) He enjoyed watching tv and if you scratched his head, he would squint his eyes. And he was an escape artist. I never knew where I would find him when I was dragon sitting.
    I love beardies...a client had one that he carried with him everywhere, well it rode on his shoulder and hid under the guy's hair. Really cool lizard.

I hear they come in purple too.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,565
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    My interview, I hope it goes well. I really want a new job now.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    bluegrace said:

My interview, I hope it goes well. I really want a new job now.

Good luck to you!
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    ^^Thank you!
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014