Options

farewell to Ten Club (long)

12346»

Comments

• Options
    JB207769JB207769 Posts: 62
    Bad experience, hopefully you were able to enjoy the show. It's already been said, and I think we all would agree, we need to know both sides of the story. I tend to point blame towards myself when something doesn't go well, I say to myself, "What could I've done to avoid this", there's always something, a little more prep, some sort of confirmation email or correspondance from the club. However,

it sounds like there was planning involved.

Anyone ever purchase say a part for their car, spend hours replacing it only to find out that it doesn't fit, that some clown behing the desk whose only job is to know the catalogs in front of him.... well anyways I digress..... however,

I developed a saying years ago and it might apply here.....

ONCE AGAIN, QUALITY HELP IS AN ISSUE!!!!!
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    . The answer has been that a proxy letter and copies of credit card and ID card would have been enough for me to collect the tickets in his name. By the way, that sounded fair enough to his ears since the same procedure was valid for U2 shows last week, in London as well. Furthermore, back in 2007, some friends of ours had adopted the same policy for Pearl Jam show at Wembley Arena!

Riccardo[/quote]

While I have never transfered tickets, I understand ten clubs reasons for why they do things the way they do. People abuse the system thus new rules were made. I have never heard of the rules you speak of above i think thats a load of horse caca! Just my opinion!
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Wilds wrote:
    The Ten Club should change the rule, and at least let people cancel the order, and if those tickets are then sold, then they get a full refund. In lieu of that there should be NO transfers, and then there will be no issues other than people eating the $$$.

Just my 100 cents. ;)

That would be nice if they changed the rules so we can get our money back if we aren't going after all...

...but TicketMaster doesn't operate that way either. Or any ticket retailers I can think of...

That would probably cost 10c more money and time if they allowed that rule? It'd be a mess, I think...especially with a large fan base?
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    IamMine wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    The Ten Club should change the rule, and at least let people cancel the order, and if those tickets are then sold, then they get a full refund. In lieu of that there should be NO transfers, and then there will be no issues other than people eating the $$$.

Just my 100 cents. ;)

That would be nice if they changed the rules so we can get our money back if we aren't going after all...

...but TicketMaster doesn't operate that way either. Or any ticket retailers I can think of...

That would probably cost 10c more money and time if they allowed that rule? It'd be a mess, I think...especially with a large fan base?

Sure, but the difference is if you can't make a ticket master show you can sell your tickets, or at least give them to a friend.

And yeah, it wouldn't be easy, but it would be more fair for the customers. Not saying I blame them if they don't do it, but it would be nice.
  • Options
    paulonious wrote:
    2) those of you stating that "we pay for this VIP service, we deserve to be treated as VIP's" is BS. PJ set up this club to reward their fans, not because their fans deserved it. There's a difference.

I don't think we should be treated like VIP's by any stretch but normally, I don't pay $20 a year for rewards. A reward is something free. I think for $20 we can expect some level of good service. Any time I have had an issue, they have came through but it's obvious that they didn't this time.

$20 a year for better concert tickets (which doesn't even apply to me, really, as they've been here twice in their existence), magazines, a free limited vinyl every Christmas (or around there!), and whatever else is BEYOND a reward, in my opinion. And it's not obvious they didn't come through. You are basing this "obviousness" on the one side of an argument.

And I will also mention this to Ricardo; your explanation as to why you vented on this board is suspect. You say that you emailed 3 or 4 different people and waited a WHOLE DAY for a response. You should have waited a WEEK, at the very least. Waiting a day (even with your time zone) is not giving the 10C much to do anything with. Do you have any idea how busy they are, how many emails they must get every day, etc?

It doesn't seem to me that you are really looking for an explanation, as much as you are looking to vent your frustration and vindication of said frustration by other board members.

Are you hoping for a signed Mookie Blaylock vinyl or something? :roll:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:

Sure, but the difference is if you can't make a ticket master show you can sell your tickets, or at least give them to a friend.

True.
    Wilds wrote:
    And yeah, it wouldn't be easy, but it would be more fair for the customers. Not saying I blame them if they don't do it, but it would be nice.

True.

:)

As for right now, that's how they work...and we knew that when we were buying tickets from them. Oh well.

But I do know for a fact that they are always striving for the best. There will always be problems and always room for improvement...
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    paulonious wrote:

And I will also mention this to Ricardo; your explanation as to why you vented on this board is suspect. You say that you emailed 3 or 4 different people and waited a WHOLE DAY for a response. You should have waited a WEEK, at the very least. Waiting a day (even with your time zone) is not giving the 10C much to do anything with. Do you have any idea how busy they are, how many emails they must get every day, etc?

It doesn't seem to me that you are really looking for an explanation, as much as you are looking to vent your frustration and vindication of said frustration by other board members.

Hmm.... yup. It's making him looking bad more now...

I wrote 10c something 4 months ago and I'm still patiently waiting.... I know how very busy they are, especially right now. It's really not a great time for them to discuss this issue I brought up, but i understand how extremely busy they are.

*shakes head*
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    paulonious wrote:
    paulonious wrote:
    2) those of you stating that "we pay for this VIP service, we deserve to be treated as VIP's" is BS. PJ set up this club to reward their fans, not because their fans deserved it. There's a difference.

I don't think we should be treated like VIP's by any stretch but normally, I don't pay $20 a year for rewards. A reward is something free. I think for $20 we can expect some level of good service. Any time I have had an issue, they have came through but it's obvious that they didn't this time.

$20 a year for better concert tickets (which doesn't even apply to me, really, as they've been here twice in their existence), magazines, a free limited vinyl every Christmas (or around there!), and whatever else is BEYOND a reward, in my opinion. And it's not obvious they didn't come through. You are basing this "obviousness" on the one side of an argument.

+1 about the Ten Club. Frankly, the fact that we have the best seats collectively set aside for us, and those fans that aren't members don't have access to these tickets at all says a LOT about what this band does for us. They're far from perfect, but based on my experience, they are responsive, they are caring, and the value statement is quite great. Find me another fan club that gives us what 10C gives us at this price point.. they may be out there, but they're few.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,953
    Please remember there are 2 sides to every story.
    joeroberts wrote:
    but Karen surely would have left with the mark of my hand on her cheek,...

Speaks volumes. Thread Closed
This discussion has been closed.