Options

farewell to Ten Club (long)

Comments

• Options
    regardless of rules or policies, if his description of the conversation with this karen is accurate, then she needs an attitude adjustment or they need to keep her in whatever hole from which she was dug.
    Just saying...

If I were a judge....and I am having a case brought in front of me....

Go look at the original post in this thread....

There is NO DOUBT in my mind that this man is telling the truth...NO DOUBT

He has facts, documents, proper I.D, blah blah blah....

The response from the other party involved??? "End of conversation"

Just hearing those words "End of conversation" would tell me all I need to know about the other party involved.......

i cant tell if you agree with me or not. :lol:
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,498
    not saying "Karen" was right, but can you imagine how many sob stories she hears?
    I suppose that would eventually make me more aggressive as well.
    Its really simple.
    No transfers. You can certainly ask, but if you dont get the email confirmation from the 10c, it wasnt allowed.
    The lesson: always get it in writing.
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    not saying "Karen" was right, but can you imagine how many sob stories she hears?
    Its really simple.
    No transfers. You can certainly ask, but if you dont get the email confirmation from the 10c, it wasnt allowed.
    That night...

I am going to say she heard only ONE "sob story"....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Solat13Solat13 Philadelphia Posts: 6,996
    As harsh as this may seem, what the 10club needs to do is stand by their policy 100% - NO EXCHANGES, NO TRANSFERS PERIOD. It's unfortunate if something happens and you are unable to attend, but if that's the policy and they stand by it ALL THE TIME, then there is no issue.

that's my way of dealing with the facts and keeping things simple Speedy :)

The thing is that is not an absolute rule.

At Camden 2 last year, the guy in front of me in the ten club line took 10 minutes to pick up his tix because they were transferred last minute and he had to get the 10 Club on the phone to talk to the person at the ticket window to get them.

Normally, I would have been annoyed waiting that long through the whole argument, ordeal and phone calls, but then I got my envelope and won the ticket lottery for first row and didn't care that I had to wait an extra ten minutes to pick up tix.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I'm a bottom line type of guy. So here's the bottom line:

The guy got to see the show. That's all that really matters.

If his feelings are still hurt because someone said "end of conversation" at him, well shit, grow a pair and move on. People are shitty to people everyday in this world. If I got my feelings hurt every time someone I didn't know was shitty to me, I wouldn't be able to function.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its really simple.

i worked in a few different service fields for years and "aggressive" is NEVER an acceptable attitude toward a customer whether you believe him or not...no matter what you had heard that day nor if your corn flakes had a drop of piss in the bowl.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    I started reading this thread and only got 2 pages in and got bored.

If you have an issue with 10c's policies, email them. Here: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->; <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

calling people out on forums is not the proper way to go about this. It sucks that you had to pay twice for tickets but even in your own original post you stated that there is a possibility you misunderstood the 10c's procedures for the transfer.

Maybe get on the phone with them and calmly ask for an explanation (if you want one). Stomping your feet and marching around the forum complaining will accomplish nothing.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    edited August 2009
    It seems to me, just from my impression of your post, that perhaps a language difficulty (English doesn't seem to be your first language) and perhaps an aggressive manner as you were talking to Karen may have made her less receptive to your message. Sometimes when people feel attacked they don't respond positively, instead they defend themselves by presenting a harder front.

But, even noting that, I'm sorry you had this frustrating experience.
    Post edited by justam on
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Get_Right wrote:
    well I dont know why you would get on a plane without some confirmation email and also knowing that the 10c has a no transfer rule
    Remember, getting 10c tickets is a PRIVILEGE, subject to the 10c's terms and conditions
    the customer is not always right when it comes to the 10c, as a longtime member, I would think you knew that by now

they make us jump through some ridiculous hoops to secure tickets, but that needs to be tolerated if you want the seats.

I don't think 10c tickets are a privilege. There is a definite advantage to being able to buy tickets before the general sale, but that is an advantage we pay for. Even so, tickets to a show are not guaranteed.

The front row system for seats is great, but that doesn't apply to European shows where the floor is GA. I think the 10c bends over backwards to help fans out, but in this case their representative seems to have acted poorly. Even if he was able to get seats, he has essentially paid double the face value to see the show!
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • Options
    i worked in a few different service fields for years and "aggressive" is NEVER an acceptable attitude toward a customer whether you believe him or not...no matter what you had heard that day nor if your corn flakes had a drop of piss in the bowl.
    well that guy wasn't a customer at that gig was he?
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

:roll: don't split hairs. i think you know exactly what i mean.
  • Options
    tacettacet Posts: 323
    Get_Right wrote:
    Its really simple.
    That night...

I am going to say she heard only ONE "sob story"....

I thought your first post was all you had to say about this?

Liar!!
    we're all sentient snowflakes
  • Options
    Get_Right wrote:

:roll: don't split hairs. i think you know exactly what i mean.
    Im not splitting hairs, thats the point, he wasnt they guy who bought the tickets. Im sorry that the rep was a jerk, but I understand why she acted that way.
  • Options
    SS25454 wrote:

I thought your first post was all you had to say about this?

Liar!!
    hehehehehehehehehe

Liar is harsh....

I may be full of shit at times....
    But i am not a liar........

hehehehehe
  • Options
    i can't argue with dining room tables.
  • Options
    i can't argue with dining room tables.
    not sure why, but that made me laugh :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    I started reading this thread and only got 2 pages in and got bored.

If you have an issue with 10c's policies, email them. Here: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:info@tenclub.net">info@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->; <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tickets@tenclub.net">tickets@tenclub.net</a><!-- e -->

calling people out on forums is not the proper way to go about this.

Strange, in one of my posts in page 2 I've written that this is exactely what I've done prior to post the message here.
    For your convenience, the message has been sent to info, tickets and contact.
  • Options
    shawndyer wrote:
    Yes! I just moved to numbers lower. Thanks Riccardo
    This was the first response posted in this thread....

Is anyone surprised???

Its truly sad how some people(SOME PEOPLE) act when it comes to these precious tickets.

As I have said FOR YEARS here.....

When it comes to tickets....Peoples true colors just shine through.

Forget decency
    Forget whats right
    Forget anyone else
    Fuck em all....

Just give me my fucking tickets....the closer to the stage the better!!!!!!!
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    shawndyer wrote:
    Yes! I just moved to numbers lower. Thanks Riccardo
    This was the first response posted in this thread....

Is anyone surprised???

Its truly sad how some people(SOME PEOPLE) act when it comes to these precious tickets.

As I have said FOR YEARS here.....

When it comes to tickets....Peoples true colors just shine through.

Forget decency
    Forget whats right
    Forget anyone else
    Fuck em all....

Just give me my fucking tickets....the closer to the stage the better!!!!!!!

HELL YEAH!!!! I'll make sure to send a beer up to the rafters at the United Center for you on Sunday... :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    I have not read through this entire thread, but I had a situation on the '08 tour where I could not attend due to family illness. All I wanted was for the Ten Club to give the tickets to someone (charity, anyone really) so they wouldn't go unused. Never even asked for a refund. Just give them to someone or an organization. But they refused repeatly. This policy is flat out ridiculous. I will not order tickets via this mechanism again and I've been a 10C member for 10 years.
  • Options
    chromiam wrote:

HELL YEAH!!!! I'll make sure to send a beer up to the rafters at the United Center for you on Sunday... :D
    And then there are people, who would give you the shirt off their back.
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    chromiam wrote:

And then there are people, who would give you the shirt off their back.

Unless it's a PJ shirt. Then it may or may not be acceptable to wear it to a PJ show, but that is an entirely different series of threads...
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I have sympathy with Ricardo as I believe the 10c policies are 2 strict and need to be a little more flexible. On the other hand sometimes things happen that are just down to human error and in this case just seems like someone fucked up.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    People, the point is this. The 10 Club gives fair warning AND re-emphasizes their policy every time they sell tickets. Those are the rules. If they choose occasionally to "bend those rules" in circumstances they deem appropriate, it is their perogative. IF THEY DON'T, THEY ARE MERELY DOING EXACTLY WHAT THEY TOLD YOU THEY WERE GOING TO DO!!!! You are not being "wronged" or unjustly dealt with. THEY TOLD YOU THE RULES. Why can't we ever take responsibility and say "my bad", "my fault"? Stop crying and get over it.
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    1) I question the actual conversation that supposedly took place between the original ticket buyer and the 10c.

2) I have seen plenty of people with broken appendages attending concerts. As long as he was in a cast, I don't understand why he couldn't go.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    If your name's not on the envelope as the Ten Club member, and your ID doesn't match that name, you don't get in. That's final.

Listen. I have a nephew who is nuts about Pearl Jam. He's not a 10c member. He was so nuts about going to see the band, he asked to pay for our tickets on his credit card. Of course, I paid him back the full amount for both in time, but never mind that now. So, on the order form in my goods section, the tickets were in my name, and billed to him. Fair enough. Easy to grasp.

Now, guess what. I got sick. Hospital sick. Back muscle trauma and viral pneumonia. So, I couldn't go to the gig. My poor nephew still wanted to go. The tickets might have been been bought in his name, but it was my name on the envelope. So, I made sure he got £100 back to cover both tickets, and he went to the 02, wrote off the 10c ticket situation like a sensible adult, and hustled a spare ticket for face value, from some kind individual. He got in, and had the gig of his life.

Okay, maybe it'd have been handy if my nephew could have picked up his spare seeing as it was originally charged to his account, but, ya know, big deal. In the end, everyone was happy (except I was sick in bed and didn't get any PJ), and Ten Club was protecting my tickets just in case, Lazarus-like, I did happen to turn up with my ID. It's just common sense, what they were doing. Never mind all the proxy bollocks. They were acting in good faith to their members on a straightforward basis, and although I wasn't there I'm pretty sure they had to deal with the stress of queues of people piling in to see a rock concert, within a limited time frame.

Lucky fuckers. You got to see Pearl Jam. I just got to see the inside of a toilet bowl.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

I have seen plenty of people with broken appendages attending concerts. As long as he was in a cast, I don't understand why he couldn't go.

Being bound on an hospital bed with a leg full of bolts and nuts is a valid explanation?
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I question the actual conversation that supposedly took place between the original ticket buyer and the 10c.

i've only read the first post and the last couple here. THIS is the one thing i truly do question. i know in the past 10c always stated 'no refunds or transfers'....and yet, made exceptions. however, like many things, it was horribly abused, and 10c was pretty clear/adamant that they were 100% truly sticking with the NO refurnds or transfer, period....from here on out. i think it was at least enforced strictly in 2007, if not 2006. we all know and agree to this policy by purchasing tickets, so we know if life gets in the way, there it is....$$$ dow the drain, tickets unused. so yea, given all that....i honestly wonder WHO in the 10c ever said it was ok, b/c it's been my understanding that it is never ok anymore. that would be the only legit gripe, if someone in 10c gave out inaccurate info. it definitely sucks for all involved, and it Is a shame that tix go to waste.....but given past abuses i do understand and respect the policy.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I am with you on this Ricardo. That was complete bullshit. They hide behind their policies. I cannot stand when organizations treat their customers like this. I feel for ya man.
    TDR
  • Options
    kevtickevtic Posts: 133
    I fully understand the 10c's T&Cs but as i suggested earlier surely there could be some kind of system where tickets are re-released to 10c members with the original purchaser getting a refund minus an admin charge. Thereby stopping any abuse of the system as you have no control who gets the tickets. Somebody gets a ticket they want, original purchaser gets at least part of a return and 10c gets an admin fee to cover their time and costs. Win, win situation i would have thought or is that too easy?
This discussion has been closed.