**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Bump.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    shep wrote:

They need to go back to real tours (even if it's only once every 2 or 3 years) instead of this BS touring where they only play the areas where they are sure of sellouts and the highest yield for the least amount of work.... give the south a chance...
    I agree 100%.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Play the south!! Florida Please!!!!!! :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    back to page 1 bump
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    back to page 1 bump
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    shep wrote:
    They need to go back to real tours (even if it's only once every 2 or 3 years) instead of this BS touring where they only play the areas where they are sure of sellouts and the highest yield for the least amount of work.... give the south a chance... we will show you that we are just as eager and rampant for shows as those fans in the northeast.

spot on, bro-fessor.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Well, I would liiiiiike very much a show here in San Juan if south dates come later on the year... ;)
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • arqarq Posts: 7,982
    I'll sweeten the deal for PJ if they come to play to the south I'll let them stay at my house, I'll take them to the venue in my car, and I will even cook for them, they can save money on hotels, transportation and food, c'mon PJ I'm saving you money!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,837
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    i would hold out hope if they hadn't said pj20 were the only US dates for '11.

The thing about that, if you notice on the news posting and the posting in the forums, originally they said "only US dates for 2011", and then sometime shortly thereafter that line disappeared. While they couldn't edit the email they sent to everyone, they did edit both the news posting and the forum posting. Take another look at them and you'll notice.... I read that to mean they are planning something else.

I think there will be more 2011 dates - they'll just be in the northeast and seattle/the gorge. It would make sense to have them in the south, as it is the farthest section of the US (geographically speaking) from AV and therefore the highest traveling expense to get there and thus probably the least amount of people making the trek....

But we all no this band doesn't necessarily do something because it's logical... :roll:

This will be a repeat of the 2005 Canadian tour when the Northeast bitched about not getting shows and they played two shows in Jersey and one in Philly.
    arq wrote:
    I'll sweeten the deal for PJ if they come to play to the south I'll let them stay at my house, I'll take them to the venue in my car, and I will even cook for them, they can save money on hotels, transportation and food, c'mon PJ I'm saving you money!
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    i would hold out hope if they hadn't said pj20 were the only US dates for '11.

The thing about that, if you notice on the news posting and the posting in the forums, originally they said "only US dates for 2011", and then sometime shortly thereafter that line disappeared. While they couldn't edit the email they sent to everyone, they did edit both the news posting and the forum posting. Take another look at them and you'll notice.... I read that to mean they are planning something else.

I think there will be more 2011 dates - they'll just be in the northeast and seattle/the gorge. It would make sense to have them in the south, as it is the farthest section of the US (geographically speaking) from AV and therefore the highest traveling expense to get there and thus probably the least amount of people making the trek....

But we all no this band doesn't necessarily do something because it's logical... :roll:

This will be a repeat of the 2005 Canadian tour when the Northeast bitched about not getting shows and they played two shows in Jersey and one in Philly.

Agree with you there... they'll probably play Philly and NY, or some other venue in the northeast they usually play....

And I think there will be a seattle show too...maybe right after vancouver, or maybe a little later... I'm going to be pissed if they add the gorge... I've always wanted to go there, and I was hoping this would be the year for a PJ show there... now all my vacation and money is booked up and if they add that date.... well..... grrrrrr :evil:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    Agree with you there... they'll probably play Philly and NY, or some other venue in the northeast they usually play....

And I think there will be a seattle show too...maybe right after vancouver, or maybe a little later... I'm going to be pissed if they add the gorge... I've always wanted to go there, and I was hoping this would be the year for a PJ show there... now all my vacation and money is booked up and if they add that date.... well..... grrrrrr :evil:

I firmly agree with you. When I saw that the "only U.S. shows" line was removed, I immediately felt like I'd been suckered.

It crossed my mind to hold out for a Gorge or Seattle show post-Vancouver, but I let myself get carried away by the PJ20 weekend stuff.

And now, there's some radio station in SoFla talking about a PJ concert.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I definitely am beginning to feel this is playing out exactly like the band/management planned.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    tour the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    Maybe we need to do another plant trees in the name of pearl jam playing the south.Not really sure if it worked last time but we did get a tour and we did plant alot of trees in 2008.Play the South!!!!!!!!! :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

I firmly agree with you. When I saw that the "only U.S. shows" line was removed, I immediately felt like I'd been suckered.

It crossed my mind to hold out for a Gorge or Seattle show post-Vancouver, but I let myself get carried away by the PJ20 weekend stuff.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theorist, but I definitely am beginning to feel this is playing out exactly like the band/management planned.

Like I said, I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief if they add a gorge show, after I have spent my money buying tickets, hotels, and a flight to do southern ontario (not to mention using the rest of my vacation for this year)...

Sometimes I wonder if it dawns on this band that most of us have regular jobs from 8-5 monday to friday, with limited amounts of vacation time and commitments like kids, friends, family, other special events, etc etc.... because sometimes it doesn't seem like it... It seems like the only people they think their tour effects is themselves...
  • WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    [quoteSometimes I wonder if it dawns on this band that most of us have regular jobs from 8-5 monday to friday, with limited amounts of vacation time and commitments like kids, friends, family, other special events, etc etc.... because sometimes it doesn't seem like it... It seems like the only people they think their tour effects is themselves...][/quote]

Seems that way :| hopefully I'm wrong
    the south...play it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

shep wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    shep wrote:

Like I said, I'm gonna be pissed beyond belief if they add a gorge show, after I have spent my money buying tickets, hotels, and a flight to do southern ontario (not to mention using the rest of my vacation for this year)...

Sometimes I wonder if it dawns on this band that most of us have regular jobs from 8-5 monday to friday, with limited amounts of vacation time and commitments like kids, friends, family, other special events, etc etc.... because sometimes it doesn't seem like it... It seems like the only people they think their tour effects is themselves...

I haven't traveled extensively enough w/ this band to say for sure, but I get the feeling there is a core segment of our number who DO NOT have regular jobs, who travel to every show they can leverage on credit, and who put everything in life off in favor of Pearl Jam.

And if that's true and the number is high enough, I would wager the band is guilty of taking advantage of that. :o

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
  • WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    For cryin out loud guys come to the south. You know there's much love down here for y'all

Smiling Faces :D Beautiful Places....

We get good hurricane swells in the fall and not to mention the smokey Mts are absolutely beautiful in october, its the time of year when all the leaves are changing.
    For cryin out loud guys come to the south. You know there's much love down here for y'all

Smiling Faces :D Beautiful Places....

We get good hurricane swells in the fall and not to mention the smokey Mts are absolutely beautiful in october, its the time of year when all the leaves are changing.
    there's nothing like the south in the fall - great weather all around
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

rhinomagic wrote:
    I haven't traveled extensively enough w/ this band to say for sure, but I get the feeling there is a core segment of our number who DO NOT have regular jobs, who travel to every show they can leverage on credit, and who put everything in life off in favor of Pearl Jam.

And if that's true and the number is high enough, I would wager the band is guilty of taking advantage of that. :o

Man, I cannot understand people like that. I mean, I love this band, but if I hand to use credit or a loan or something along those lines to see this band, I wouldn't be going. The band is awesome, but not to the extreme of controlling my life... that is nuts.

Interesting theory though....
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    Play the South

Play ATL, Bama, NC, SC, VA, TN, etc.....
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Tour the South!

Man I can't wait until the board clams down a bit and we don't have to do so much bumping!
    shep wrote:
    Tour the South!

Man I can't wait until the board clams down a bit and we don't have to do so much bumping!
    YES! Hopefully in a week or so
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    tour the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    We will plant the trees. You play the south. Sounds good to me. :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
  • I agree we need a Southern U.S. Tour!!! This board has been hoPping for a while concerning PJ20. I'm happy for those getting to go, but for a lot of us it doesn't mean anything. PLAY THE SOUTH, PLEASE!!!
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    FL
    GA
    AL
    TX
    LA
    NC
    SC
    www.RLMcDaniel.com