**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• shepshep Posts: 5,759
    ComeToTX wrote:
    i love the UT stool. check out my avatar for proof. up close it looks like it's been around that long. i remember thinking it was a joke too and someone on here correcting me and saying they had noticed it multiple times over the years.

Do you know who it was?

It's not that I doubt you... but I would like to see some proof to support that claim. Ed talks a lot of bullshit while he's on stage in front of 60-70,000 fans...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    i love the UT stool. check out my avatar for proof. up close it looks like it's been around that long. i remember thinking it was a joke too and someone on here correcting me and saying they had noticed it multiple times over the years.

Do you know who it was?

It's not that I doubt you... but I would like to see some proof to support that claim. Ed talks a lot of bullshit while he's on stage in front of 60-70,000 fans...
    He was using it during the WOTR dvd. You can get a quick glimpse of it when he gets up once.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Do you know who it was?

search for the ACL Fest Fanview. It was in that thread.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    EZ1221C wrote:
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Do you know who it was?

He was using it during the WOTR dvd. You can get a quick glimpse of it when he gets up once.

exactly. he was definitley using it before october '09 and their last trip to ATX was in '95 so not sure where else he would have stolen it from. wouldn't surprise me if it was bs either though.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    ComeToTX wrote:
    exactly. he was definitley using it before october '09 and their last trip to ATX was in '95 so not sure where else he would have stolen it from. wouldn't surprise me if it was bs either though.
    Ed? BS? NEVER! :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    ...Unfortunately, the only reason that we have for why they don't play down here is just that they don't want to. :( I think it's as simple as that...

Painful, but seemingly the only conclusion we're left to draw.

In a time where the census and demographics show our country's population is trending towards southern residency and our cities are growing, these guys continue to cash-in at their favorite cities/venues and ignore the possibility that we might have some PJ money on reserve, too.

Whatever. I'm shelling-out to go to Wisconsin after sitting out for 3 years. That's kind of my tipping point.

I meant to add this yesterday & forgot about it:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-2 ... shows.html

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Rumor on a radio station in south florida that PJ is playing west palm this summer, or a FL show, someone down there should call the radio station

play the south you pussies
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    TheGossman wrote:
    Rumor on a radio station in south florida that PJ is playing west palm this summer, or a FL show, someone down there should call the radio station

what radio station?
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

TheGossman wrote:

what radio station?

103 the Buzz, I'm pretty sure its out of west palm
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:

I REALLY hope it happens, but I'm not holding my breath. Anyone else remember a couple of years ago - maybe 2009? a DJ in New Orleans and I wanna say Orlando both announced that PJ and AIC were going to do a summer tour together. Never happened.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

in 07 they had shows on hold down here but couldn't figure out the routing or some shit, I'd be happy them doing about 5 shows down here, I can totally see it happening. I mean why is it so hard to believe?
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I hope that something comes of these latest rumors. I would like it immensely if they made it down here!
    Beautiful-Sunshine.jpg
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    i would hold out hope if they hadn't said pj20 were the only US dates for '11.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    south!!!!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    south!!!!!

It's really sweet that you're concerned about our cause. :D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    justam wrote:
    south!!!!!

if you ask me,you are the only place in usa that deserve so much a tour leg..the band play more times in europe last years than usa south..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    justam wrote:
    south!!!!!

if you ask me,you are the only place in usa that deserve so much a tour leg..the band play more times in europe last years than usa south..

I agree and it's nice that someone who doesn't live in the NorthEast of the US is noticing this as well!

When I lived in NY I didn't realize this was such a problem but since I've moved down here I can see how unfair it is.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    justam wrote:
    south!!!!!

When they play Florida again - we're all having a party at arq's house!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    justam wrote:
    south!!!!!

They should play the South, then Greece..Just for Dimitri :D

It wouldn't be so odd for them to play SoFlo, only, if there is gonna be a fest down here..Then they are just picking up a quick payday and making a lame attempt at appeasing all the Southers (sorry, couldn't resist, with birthers and deathers etc floating around)..but I wouldn't complain since i'm down here in Florida and all..Still, it would suck for the other's, they should do a full tour of the south, and if it's true they are avoiding the south cos of politics, that's pathetic. I know a lot of bands were avoiding Arizona just cos of politics till Lady Gaga said that was bullshit and she wouldn't punish her fans for what a few politicians are doing..I actually admire that..not enough to get me to listen to her, but I still admire that.
    :|
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

ComeToTX wrote:

The thing about that, if you notice on the news posting and the posting in the forums, originally they said "only US dates for 2011", and then sometime shortly thereafter that line disappeared. While they couldn't edit the email they sent to everyone, they did edit both the news posting and the forum posting. Take another look at them and you'll notice.... I read that to mean they are planning something else.

I think there will be more 2011 dates - they'll just be in the northeast and seattle/the gorge. It would make sense to have them in the south, as it is the farthest section of the US (geographically speaking) from AV and therefore the highest traveling expense to get there and thus probably the least amount of people making the trek....

But we all no this band doesn't necessarily do something because it's logical... :roll:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

The thing about that, if you notice on the news posting and the posting in the forums, originally they said "only US dates for 2011", and then sometime shortly thereafter that line disappeared. While they couldn't edit the email they sent to everyone, they did edit both the news posting and the forum posting. Take another look at them and you'll notice.... I read that to mean they are planning something else.

I think there will be more 2011 dates - they'll just be in the northeast and seattle/the gorge. It would make sense to have them in the south, as it is the farthest section of the US (geographically speaking) from AV and therefore the highest traveling expense to get there and thus probably the least amount of people making the trek....

But we all no this band doesn't necessarily do something because it's logical... :roll:

good point. it seems to me the 20th anniversary was a perfect reason for a full US tour but obviously they do things their own way.
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    ComeToTX wrote:
    good point. it seems to me the 20th anniversary was a perfect reason for a full US tour but obviously they do things their own way.
    That's what one would think. Unless there are more tour dates to be announced, this year was a wasted opportunity for the band in my opinion.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • EZ1221C wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    That's what one would think. Unless there are more tour dates to be announced, this year was a wasted opportunity for the band in my opinion.

And a waste for us if they don't tour the south!!
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    Play the South

Play ATL
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Houston & Dallas
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    EZ1221C wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:

Agreed. I would think that if you're going to do a 20th anniversary tour, you would do dates that are accessible for your entire fan base... not just a select group of people. I mean Alpine Valley and Central/Western Canada? Mother Fucker please.... I'm a lucky Southerner who is originally Canadian and has friend and family to visit and stay with in Canada for a tour, but if I didn't I wouldn't be doing any shows out of cost alone. Just to get to Toronto for the shows is costing me over $1000 in travel expenses (not including tickets), before drinks and food, and I have friends who are giving me a place to stay....

PJ could have sold out venues all over the globe with a 20th anniversary tour.... however, their post -2006 aversion to touring made them try and do something that would yield the most amount of benefit for the least amount of work.... or at least that is how I view it...

They need to go back to real tours (even if it's only once every 2 or 3 years) instead of this BS touring where they only play the areas where they are sure of sellouts and the highest yield for the least amount of work.... give the south a chance... we will show you that we are just as eager and rampant for shows as those fans in the northeast.

You will sell out Houston just as fast as Boston or Hartford. You may not sell as many 10C tickets because you have neglected this area for so long and many people have let their memberships sell lapse, but I guarantee you they will not have any problem selling out the venue.

again, just my 2 cents....
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Page 1
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    shep wrote:
    Agreed. I would think that if you're going to do a 20th anniversary tour, you would do dates that are accessible for your entire fan base... not just a select group of people. I mean Alpine Valley and Central/Western Canada? Mother Fucker please.... I'm a lucky Southerner who is originally Canadian and has friend and family to visit and stay with in Canada for a tour, but if I didn't I wouldn't be doing any shows out of cost alone. Just to get to Toronto for the shows is costing me over $1000 in travel expenses (not including tickets), before drinks and food, and I have friends who are giving me a place to stay....

PJ could have sold out venues all over the globe with a 20th anniversary tour.... however, their post -2006 aversion to touring made them try and do something that would yield the most amount of benefit for the least amount of work.... or at least that is how I view it...

They need to go back to real tours (even if it's only once every 2 or 3 years) instead of this BS touring where they only play the areas where they are sure of sellouts and the highest yield for the least amount of work.... give the south a chance... we will show you that we are just as eager and rampant for shows as those fans in the northeast.

You will sell out Houston just as fast as Boston or Hartford. You may not sell as many 10C tickets because you have neglected this area for so long and many people have let their memberships sell lapse, but I guarantee you they will not have any problem selling out the venue.

again, just my 2 cents....

Well said.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all