**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    Those of us Southers going to PJ20 need to find the band while we are there, all of us together, and demand they hash things out with us. Cos with all this frustration and upset and disappointment in them, they have a number of questions that need to be answered. Why do they avoid the south. the real reason, not some scheduling bs. Why did EdVed just sy in a RS interview they are looking forward, which makes me think we are gonna get the usual concert with covers and mostly new stuff, instead of a proper 20th anniversary celebrating the past 20 years of their music, not just the new shit and other people's shit. Why did he diss his loyal fans in that other article, remember the special edition mag you could order online with him flipping the bird (sorry my memory is shit) I didn't want to believe it then, but the way they have been acting it's hard to avoid thinking maybe they do want new fans at any cost, including the cost of losing their current loyal fan base. They seem to be changing a lot to appease the youngin's...to me anyways.

Just seems to me they are heading in that big pop money-making, teenage-targeting, big business direction that only cares about green, and I don't mean the environment. Who cares if we got jobs, or little money and can't travel far. Who cares that we are the ones that made them rich for the past 2 decades. As long as they get that payday..right. I dunno..I don't want to believe any of this, I think I'm just getting severely disallusioned with them. Sorry to gripe so much.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    Play the South
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    stoneg wrote:
    We will plant the trees. You play the south. Sounds good to me. :geek:

I'll plant a tree or 3 if they agree to come!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Play VA Beach, and anywhere in NC please. I'll let you crash at my outer banks home. Best surf on the east coast Ed.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    south
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    south

Thanks for the bump and thanks again for joining our cause! 8-)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • monday, and play the south!!
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    bump
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    even the smallest oceans still get big,big waves.Play the South!!!!!! :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    edited June 2011
    stoneg wrote:

Since you are the OP, any chance you may alter the title to

**The Official TOUR The South Thread**

?

much obliged (as my old southern dad still says).

Post edited by rhinomagic on
    Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
    rhinomagic wrote:
    stoneg wrote:

Since you are the OP, any chance you may alter the title to

**The Official TOUR The South Thread**

?

much obliged (as my old southern dad still says).

Yes, please do! At this point playing 1 show in the south will not appease our hunger. There needs to be a full blown tour to share that wealth around.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • BamaPJFanBamaPJFan Posts: 410
    The band should come play the brand new Tuscaloosa Amphitheater in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It's a beautiful new facility near the Bama campus. Proceeds of the show could go toward tornado relief. Several other artists are doing that this year. It would be a great gesture on Pearl Jam's behalf if they did this. So far, the Avett Brothers and the Band of Horses have performed there this year. Steely Dan is coming in August, just to name a few.

http://www.tuscaloosaamphitheater.com
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    BamaPJFan wrote:
    The band should come play the brand new Tuscaloosa Amphitheater in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. It's a beautiful new facility near the Bama campus. Proceeds of the show could go toward tornado relief. Several other artists are doing that this year. It would be a great gesture on Pearl Jam's behalf if they did this. So far, the Avett Brothers and the Band of Horses have performed there this year. Steely Dan is coming in August, just to name a few.

I saw MMJ may be stopping by. If so I may have to schedule a work trip to Bama.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    shep wrote:
    Yes, please do! At this point playing 1 show in the south will not appease our hunger. There needs to be a full blown tour to share that wealth around.

This is what I've been thinking about lately. At the expense of sounding selfish, if they play one show in Florida or Atlanta, yeah that's the south. But it's still a flight and hotel stay for me. Vice versa for other southern fans if they play a one-off in Houston or Dallas. We need a tour down here, not a show. Been almost 9 damn years.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    BamaPJFan wrote:

I hate to be the one to say it, but that venue is way too small to host a Pearl Jam show... without a lawn that can hold 20,000 people, I can't see the band being interested.

It is pretty though. Bet it sounds a lot nicer than the ampitheater in Houston. Very intimate venue...
    8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

ComeToTX wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:

where did you see this?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• dgerlach720dgerlach720 Posts: 158
    SOUTH
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    LukinFan wrote:
    ComeToTX wrote:
    BamaPJFan wrote:

where did you see this?

Roll Call (MMJ Fanclub) sent out a pre-sale email last week and it was listed. A few hours later they sent another email saying it hadn't been confirmed yet but they would keep us posted.

found it:
    "The 8/19 show in Tuscaloosa, AL listed in a prior email IS NOT A CONFIRMED DATE. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update you if this changes or if any other info regarding that show becomes available.

- Roll Call Team"
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    Texas please
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    ComeToTX wrote:

Roll Call (MMJ Fanclub) sent out a pre-sale email last week and it was listed. A few hours later they sent another email saying it hadn't been confirmed yet but they would keep us posted.

found it:
    "The 8/19 show in Tuscaloosa, AL listed in a prior email IS NOT A CONFIRMED DATE. We apologize for the inconvenience and will update you if this changes or if any other info regarding that show becomes available.

- Roll Call Team"
    very interesting- thank you. I hope they add some more southern dates
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    1CHECKINGIN_LuvYou_Girl_TBD-vi.gif

Hey! Come on... you know you want to!!!

Play the South! :D
    back to page 1
  • CapstonerCapstoner Posts: 727
    Tour the South

Play ATL, Bama, NC, SC, TN, VA, etc....
    Atlanta 92
    Columbia 08
    Atlanta 12
    Charlotte 13
    St Louis 14
    Greenville 16
    St Louis 22
    Seattle 24
  • WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
    edited June 2011
    Play VA Beach, and anywhere in NC please. I'll let you crash at my outer banks home. Best surf on the east coast Ed.

Hell yeah Hatteras cranks. Play the south please :D

Earl gave us some nice waves last year.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 735&type=1
    Post edited by WaveCameCrashin on
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    1sm417catch.gif

PLAY IN THE SOUTH! :D
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    West Palm Beach 2 nighter Please!!! Play the South!!!! :geek:
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'