**The Official Tour The Southern United States Thread**

Comments

• rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    thread locking, eh?

didn't know that. curious...

I'll check back during the My Morning Jacket 'cast.

+1

Langerado headliners leaked:

Death Cab
    Ben Harper
    Trey Anastasio Band
    Ween
    Theivery Corporation

Also, anyone else hearing Soundgarden will play @Voodoo Music Experience?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    rhinomagic wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:
    thread locking, eh?

didn't know that. curious...

I'll check back during the My Morning Jacket 'cast.

+1

Death Cab
    Ben Harper
    Trey Anastasio Band
    Ween
    Theivery Corporation

interesting...

was hoping Ben would be there
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    LukinFan wrote:
    rhinomagic wrote:

Death Cab
    Ben Harper
    Trey Anastasio Band
    Ween
    Theivery Corporation

interesting...

Both of those are very fun second-tier fests.

We attended Langerado in '06 and Voodoo in '07. Great, great, great times for my wife and me.

Ben could land @Voodoo as well, you know?

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • LukinFan wrote:
    interesting...

Should be at Deluna too (if my source isn't full of asscrap).

Also, X-Fest ...
    Jane's, Social D, Weezer.
    AWESOME.
    Too bad it's in Alberta, CAN.
    :( :( :(
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    TOUR THE SOUTH!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    JJ Grey and Mofro announced to be playing Deluna

http://www.jjgrey.com/tour
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

www.RLMcDaniel.com

• LukinFan wrote:
    BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Im' gonna go rip someone a new one!
    :(

I wonder why the pixies fell through though.
    That pisses me off.

But i'll take weezer all week long!

PS -- Just for the hope against hope, it DOES say, "the initial line up for the 2011"
    ???

I'll report back.
    Now that the lineup is out, i can probably get more out of this jackass.
    ;)

PPS - "More to come…"
    Still hopeful, as there are still only 2 Major National Acts, and FOUR Days to Fill Headliners.
    2 more = 2 bands with the first letter P ???
    PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
    LukinFan wrote:
    BAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Im' gonna go rip someone a new one!
    :(

I wonder why the pixies fell through though.
    That pisses me off.

But i'll take weezer all week long!

PS -- Just for the hope against hope, it DOES say, "the initial line up for the 2011"
    ???

I'll report back.
    Now that the lineup is out, i can probably get more out of this jackass.
    ;)

PPS - "More to come…"
    Still hopeful, as there are still only 2 Major National Acts, and FOUR Days to Fill Headliners.
    2 more = 2 bands with the first letter P ???
    PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Like I said already, PJ aren't going to announce anything until their festival is sold out first... and I think you'll see a couple of East Coast dates and then the Gorge...

Maybe a festival in the south for a quick cash grab..... if I was a betting man, I'd put my money Voodoo fest.... Never been, but my buddy wants me to go this year...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    just play.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    just play.. :)
    shep wrote:

Like I said already, PJ aren't going to announce anything until their festival is sold out first... and I think you'll see a couple of East Coast dates and then the Gorge...

Maybe a festival in the south for a quick cash grab..... if I was a betting man, I'd put my money Voodoo fest.... Never been, but my buddy wants me to go this year...
    Voodoo fest would be sweet, but they just played NO last year, not sure if they would come back one year later. When is Voodoo announced?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

Voodoo fest would be sweet, but they just played NO last year, not sure if they would come back one year later. When is Voodoo announced?

Not sure when it's announced, but I got an email from them overnight officially announcing that Soundgarden is one of the headliners.... (that is the only band in the email, and they provided a link to purchase tickets)...

Damn... looks like my ACL fix might get supplemented... not pulling any triggers until I get the rest of the lineup though....
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

Not sure when it's announced, but I got an email from them overnight officially announcing that Soundgarden is one of the headliners.... (that is the only band in the email, and they provided a link to purchase tickets)...

Damn... looks like my ACL fix might get supplemented... not pulling any triggers until I get the rest of the lineup though....
    At least Soundgarden is playing the south - very nice. With them playing though, that pretty much kisses any chance of PJ playing there this year goodbye.

Apparently last year's lineup was announced on June 17:

http://www.musicfestivaljunkies.com/the ... ll-lineup/
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

I got the same email. And since ACL is out of the question for me, this looks promising with Soundgarden at least.
  • Citizen ZackCitizen Zack Posts: 1,763
    tour the south
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

No time to be void, or save up on life, you've got to spend it all
    back to page 1

TOUR THE SOUTH!
    The 12 million+ people that make up the Houston and Dallas metro areas would really love a show or two.
    "Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them." - Thoreau

LukinFan wrote:
    At least Soundgarden is playing the south - very nice. With them playing though, that pretty much kisses any chance of PJ playing there this year goodbye.

Apparently last year's lineup was announced on June 17:

http://www.musicfestivaljunkies.com/the ... ll-lineup/

I don't think it should rule them out... I mean, if Matt's gear is there anyway, at minimum that's a truck already saved!

But I agree, it's doubtful PJ would play 2 festivals in NO in back to back years... but a guy can hope. I just like the fact that this festival might be worth the drive after my extreme disappointment with the ACL lineup...

Voodoo seems to be approaching the 1st tier festival status faster than any of the other smaller festivals... hopefully it continues to grow... NO is always a lot of fun.
    shep wrote:
    I don't think it should rule them out... I mean, if Matt's gear is there anyway, at minimum that's a truck already saved!

But I agree, it's doubtful PJ would play 2 festivals in NO in back to back years... but a guy can hope. I just like the fact that this festival might be worth the drive after my extreme disappointment with the ACL lineup...

Voodoo seems to be approaching the 1st tier festival status faster than any of the other smaller festivals... hopefully it continues to grow... NO is always a lot of fun.
    doesn't rule it out, but doesn't seem to likely, but who knows? Maybe they'll stop by NO on their way to S. America? And yeah I agree about Voodoo, they always seem to get the bigger acts than the smaller festivals, but they certanily are not a Roo
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

play the south
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

edited June 2011
    with all of the talk about PJ playing only festivals in the south lately for the big payday, do we think they will do it again this year? And if they do, will you go?

2008- Bonnaroo (with 3 other southern shows- WPB, Tampa, and Columbia)
    2009- ACL
    2010- JazzFest
    2011- ???? (as Shep said, maybe Voodoo? Are there any others that still need to be announced?)

I would go, if it was driving distance. Damn, I gotta see PJ or Ed in 2011!
    Post edited by LukinFan on
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

doesn't rule it out, but doesn't seem to likely, but who knows? Maybe they'll stop by NO on their way to S. America? And yeah I agree about Voodoo, they always seem to get the bigger acts than the smaller festivals, but they certanily are not a Roo

Hey - I certainly am not arguing with you there. In my opinion there are only 4 tier one festivals in the US:

Coachella
    Bonaroo
    Lollapalooza
    ACL

Debatedly, Jazzfest falls into this category - but I don't really know how to classify jazzfest... it's a really weird festival.... however it is definitely as big as those listed above and has just as big a payday for their main acts....

I'm still trying to figure out who deemed Arcade Fire a major festival Sunday night headliner. Yes, they are good, and yes, I do like them, but they have only put out 3 albums! 3 albums that are exactly that - albums that need to be played in their entirety... I don't understand how they became a Sunday night headliner so quickly...
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    shep wrote:

Hey - I certainly am not arguing with you there. In my opinion there are only 4 tier one festivals in the US:

Coachella
    Bonaroo
    Lollapalooza
    ACL

Debatedly, Jazzfest falls into this category - but I don't really know how to classify jazzfest... it's a really weird festival.... however it is definitely as big as those listed above and has just as big a payday for their main acts....

I'm still trying to figure out who deemed Arcade Fire a major festival Sunday night headliner. Yes, they are good, and yes, I do like them, but they have only put out 3 albums! 3 albums that are exactly that - albums that need to be played in their entirety... I don't understand how they became a Sunday night headliner so quickly...
    I don't think I've ever even heard a song my arcade fire before, to be honest. And I agree, other than MMJ headlining, ACL is pretty weak this year.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

8-)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan wrote:

I don't think I've ever even heard a song my arcade fire before, to be honest. And I agree, other than MMJ headlining, ACL is pretty weak this year.

I would like to see MMJ again, however, I'm not paying for the festival just to see them. And with no headline acts I actually want to see.... I mean Kayne West? Stevie Wonder?.... Unless they are going to do a duet about gay fish I have no interest...

And that says a lot, cause usually I will use any excuse to go to Austin for a weekend... I just feel ripped off because they sold all the 3-day passes before the line-up was even announced... that was the only reason they were able to get away with this crap.

Voodoo is the only festival left I can think of that hasn't announced it's line-up... so maybe there's still some hope... but probably not for PJ... I just want a good festival line-up...
    tour Texas

• pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    smile-famous-quotes-sayings.jpg

AND PLAY THE SOUTH! :mrgreen:
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Play the South!
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    shep wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I would like to see MMJ again, however, I'm not paying for the festival just to see them. And with no headline acts I actually want to see.... I mean Kayne West? Stevie Wonder?.... Unless they are going to do a duet about gay fish I have no interest...

And that says a lot, cause usually I will use any excuse to go to Austin for a weekend... I just feel ripped off because they sold all the 3-day passes before the line-up was even announced... that was the only reason they were able to get away with this crap.

Voodoo is the only festival left I can think of that hasn't announced it's line-up... so maybe there's still some hope... but probably not for PJ... I just want a good festival line-up...

yup. i'm glad that we didn't buy 3 day passes this year. this will be the 1st year where we only go to one day. we're going on Saturday....hope to catch some aftershows as well. i really thought the lineup would be better b/c it's their 10th anniversary. oh well!

back on topic....

PJ,
    play the South.

Regards,
    Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com