Options

so really...best cheese steak in Philly is????

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    That is not a cheesesteak LOL

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    Woodrow's. This is goddamn delicious.

Go Birds.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,461
    Woodrow's. This is goddamn delicious.

Go Birds.
    And it looks good too.

I went to a Gaetano's and I got the "small" Cheesesteak and it was BIG. They have Mini, Small and Large. I know: Why no Medium?
    I thought it was good but not enough cheese with the amount of meat which was there was plenty of. My friend was smart and ordered extra cheese. 
    I haven't been to one in Decades and didn't know that. I would go again and get extra cheese. 
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,504
    From Casa Abruzzo. (Im sure that’s a real restaurant but this is made by me)

Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Mama’s. Cue Carly Simon: “Nobody does it better…”
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    so….do philly steak places also do meatball sammies? there a meatball place here in SLC (Moochie’s - “straight outta philly”) that has, hands down, the best cheesesteaks. tonight, I got a meatball. altho you can’t see it, there WAS plenty of mozzarella.

If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Yes meatball sandwiches are generally available. However we of Italian descent tend to not get meatballs outside of the family. 

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    :lol:  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Yes meatball sandwiches are generally available. However we of Italian descent tend to not get meatballs outside of the family. 
    I dated an Italian girl for a few years and can confirm that when her Nonna made meatballs (or just about anything really), it was appointment dining for sure. 
  • Options
    I dated an Italian girl for a few years and can confirm that when her Nonna made meatballs (or just about anything really), it was appointment dining for sure. 
    an Italian buddy (joey the bat) invited me to his parents for thanksgiving, years ago. his mom made brajeel? I know that’s spelled wrong but it sounded something like that. fantastic!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    Wobbie said:
    an Italian buddy (joey the bat) invited me to his parents for thanksgiving, years ago. his mom made brajeel? I know that’s spelled wrong but it sounded something like that. fantastic!
    Braciole? Like this? My mom's braciole is tits. I miss it. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,659
    Wobbie said:
    :lol:  
    Braciole
    fucking amazing grandma food,

The first time I brought a gf to a big family meal she was horrified.  My grandmother made her take some of everything...and then guilted her into trying to finish everything.  That big hairy broad (grandma, not gf) specialized in guilt.  It should have been her middle name, instead of Ferrari.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    Wobbie said:
    Braciole? Like this? My mom's braciole is tits. I miss it. 

Oh man, so good. We dated in the late 80's and to this day I haven't had cannoli that was better than what her mother made.
  • Options
    I might have to try making my mom's recipe sometime soon. I don't think I've had braciole in ten plus years.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    yeah, that stuff ^^^^

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    Braciole is great. My daughter had it last weekend at Victor’s, always an awesome spot. And it was really fucking good 

The wife’s family has a recipe. I haven’t really taken part in that aspect of the gravy but they do it for Easter every year 
  • Options
    Brajool my local italian deli makes it and it is so good. Shame it is like $30 though.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,854
    Wobbie said:
    I wonder if Joey knew my Uncle Patsy...
  • Options
    Loujoe said:
    Wobbie said:
    I wonder if Joey knew my Uncle Patsy...
    joey got his nickname in buffalo, NY. at work, we called him minimum joe.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    we would also comment “instant asshole; just add alcohol.”

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I had an Aunt Patsy.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    You can get a nice meatball at Patsy's in NYC
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    You can get a good look at a T-Bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Ehhh, Tommy Boy!
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    You can get a good look at a T-Bone by sticking your head up a bull's ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butcher's word for it?

Hahaha funny!
  • Options

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    I like Geno's. Will never claim it to be the best, but serves it's purpose
  • Options
    I have had Geno's. It is not a bad sandwich although it is cool to hate them.
  • Options
    Hey, at least he didn't take them across the street. 

It's not anywhere near the top of the list but as far as touristy spots go, I get why it's popular. Pretty sure that was my first Philly proper cheesesteak waaay back in the day too. Cheese fries are awesome. 
    chinese-happy.jpg