The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:

I really hope the jets D plays a 4-6.

i assume you mean the 46 defense :?:

personally, i've never heard of a 4-6 defense.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    metsfan wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Before ryan took over this team they couldn't sell PSL'S at the new meadowlands stadium if they gave em away for free.

Another Metsy gem ;) ....and btw, the insider you're talking about is Mike Francesa...you've basically regurgitated everything fatso has said these last two weeks in an effort to tweak the Jet fan for rating purposes....good job, but not great..
    haha good one champ. We need to get to a met game this year and get shitfaced. Think the wifey would let you out. How's that for a gem ;);).

Actually fatso wasn't the only that's reported that. Its been in all the area newspapers throughout the year too. I love how fatty is tweaking jet fan like he does with met fans. Must be that "ets" thing lol.

I really hope the jets D plays a 4-6. I think that be a great way to contain manning. the chess match between ryan and manning is gonna be one for the ages.

Well, the wifey does let me out occasionally, but the problem with the Met games is that she's usually with me as she is a big fan ;) ....matter a fact, she could give two shits about the Jets and can barely name one player on the team (which is still more than Francesa can name), but she has already requested the day off from work for opening day in April...

I hope it'll be a good game, but can certainly imagine a scenario of Peyton going off....need to keep this close early..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Champ wrote:
    GOjetsGO°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸GO!!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°gojets¨¨°º¤ø GOjetsø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„øGO jets GOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO newyorkjets¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°AFCjets¨¨°º¤ø, GO jets GO!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ø¤º° KEEP THE WAVE GOING! GO JETS!

It takes way too much effort to continue that wave....but anyway, I just looked back at the initial post, and wow how far we have come....this ride/wave this season has exceeded my wildest imagination, especially when you factor in a kid rookie QB with one year college experience, rookie head coach, and then losing our best offensive and defensive players, Washington and Jenkins respectively....

that's why i'm rooting for them ;)

oh and peyton annoys the living shit out of me :twisted:
    norm wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    GOjetsGO°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸GO!!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°gojets¨¨°º¤ø GOjetsø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„øGO jets GOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO newyorkjets¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°AFCjets¨¨°º¤ø, GO jets GO!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ø¤º° KEEP THE WAVE GOING! GO JETS!

It takes way too much effort to continue that wave....but anyway, I just looked back at the initial post, and wow how far we have come....this ride/wave this season has exceeded my wildest imagination, especially when you factor in a kid rookie QB with one year college experience, rookie head coach, and then losing our best offensive and defensive players, Washington and Jenkins respectively....

Crap, we are sure to lose now ;) ....it's been a good ride nonetheless..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    The Champ wrote:

Crap, we are sure to lose now ;) ....it's been a good ride nonetheless..

HEY!! :twisted: ;):lol:
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Champ wrote:

Well, the wifey does let me out occasionally, but the problem with the Met games is that she's usually with me as she is a big fan ;) ....matter a fact, she could give two shits about the Jets and can barely name one player on the team (which is still more than Francesa can name), but she has already requested the day off from work for opening day in April...

I hope it'll be a good game, but can certainly imagine a scenario of Peyton going off....need to keep this close early..

That's cool she's a met fan. Def a keeper.

I don't see peyton going off at all. The jet corners can easily cover the colts wr's. Clark is the only "wr" that worries me. Devito is the key for the jets. He's been doing good things all season. The jets need to be on D again at the start of this game like last weeks game. It set a great tone for that game.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,285
    norm wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Yeah no doubt he annoys me to no end ...what up norm ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Do you have anything to say bout the jets or are you just gonna keep baiting me and be annoying as fuck. Get lost if you don't have anything jets related to say. Yes I meant a 46. Do you feel better now you that corrected me.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Do you have anything to say bout the jets or are you just gonna keep baiting me and be annoying as fuck. Get lost if you don't have anything jets related to say. Yes I meant a 46. Do you feel better now you that corrected me.

just wanted to make sure we were discussing the same defense. no need to get all testy.

somehow i doubt the 46 would be overly effective agaist Manning and his plethora of recievers. The Jets D may be good, but i don't see it being good enough to slow down Peyton. The only hope the Jets have is to control the clock, win the turnover battle and pray to the football gods.

i would be interesting to see a D line up with 4 down lineman and 6 linebackers. :lol: better hope you have some FAST linebackers.

actually, i could see the 46 be a good weapn for Indy to use.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Not sure if it's been mentioed, but, the Jets online shop already selling AFC Championship gear ...

http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php?cat=546

03-275-t.jpg

03-257-t.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    Not sure if it's been mentioed, but, the Jets online shop already selling AFC Championship gear ...

http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php?cat=546

03-275-t.jpg

03-257-t.jpg
    its actually a pre order and the nfl shop is doing this for the other 3 teams in the championship games. You will get a refund if the team your order from doesn't win the championship.

ahhh, I checked the Colts shop and didn't see it .. didn't realize the NFL was selling them all.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    metsfan wrote:

really?

soooo.........do you think the jets marketing department preps rex ryan before everytime he meets with reporters?

do you ever think these things out before posting?

Before ryan took over this team they couldn't sell PSL'S at the new meadowlands stadium if they gave em away for free. As the season has slowly moved along the jets got more people to buy PSL'S and regular seats in the upper bowl which are now sold out. Which surprise surprise ryan has run his mouth. Every jet insider has said the owner wanted a coach the fans can relate too and buy into. Insider have also said the owner encouraged this and wants the back page headlines of newspaper. I've never seen fans believe in a coach in this town like I've seen with ryan. So yea I do think these things out.

i hope you're kidding but i suspect you are not. ryan would run his mouth if the jets were scheduled to play in giants stadium for the next 100 years. do you know who his dad is? he was the most ouspoken obnoxious coach the eagles have ever had, and we loved him. his sons are exactly the same way--both of them. rex running his mouth about the fans and his team has NOTHING....i repeat.....NOTHING to do with selling tickets. one more time for you....NOTHING.

GREAT DEFENSE.
    GREAT RUNNING GAME.
    2 PLAYOFF WINS.
    AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

add it up.......what do you get? more people buying tickets and psls. come one dude. this is not that difficult.
    www.myspace.com
    metsfan wrote:

really?

soooo.........do you think the jets marketing department preps rex ryan before everytime he meets with reporters?

do you ever think these things out before posting?

Before ryan took over this team they couldn't sell PSL'S at the new meadowlands stadium if they gave em away for free. As the season has slowly moved along the jets got more people to buy PSL'S and regular seats in the upper bowl which are now sold out. Which surprise surprise ryan has run his mouth. Every jet insider has said the owner wanted a coach the fans can relate too and buy into. Insider have also said the owner encouraged this and wants the back page headlines of newspaper. I've never seen fans believe in a coach in this town like I've seen with ryan. So yea I do think these things out.

i hope you're kidding but i suspect you are not. ryan would run his mouth if the jets were scheduled to play in giants stadium for the next 100 years. do you know who his dad is? he was the most ouspoken obnoxious coach the eagles have ever had, and we loved him. his sons are exactly the same way--both of them. rex running his mouth about the fans and his team has NOTHING....i repeat.....NOTHING to do with selling tickets. one more time for you....NOTHING.

GREAT DEFENSE.
    GREAT RUNNING GAME.
    2 PLAYOFF WINS.
    AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

add it up.......what do you get? more people buying tickets and psls. come one dude. this is not that difficult.
    your deadass wrong dude. You can believe your right like always but you are way way wrong dude. Any new yorker on this board could back me up on what I say.

kind of odd that nobody has backed you up yet though? ;)

look its one thing for mike, "the insider :lol: " francesa to speculate in the hopes that more people like you would listen to his show. its another thing entirely for a head coach in the nfl, with all that he has to concern himself with, especially at this stage of the season, to even thnk that what he says in a press conference will influence ticket sales. as far as he is concerned sunday is it. he is not even thinking about sunday night, monday, tuesday, let alone ticket sales for next year. that's not how nfl head coaches, especially this one, are wired.

theres no way an off the cuff guy like rex ryan pauses in his head before he speaks and asks himself "hmmmm, will this help sell a personal seat license or two?" it's laughable. :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    edited January 2010
    kind of odd that nobody has backed you up yet though? ;)

look its one thing for mike, "the insider :lol: " francesa to speculate in the hopes that more people like you would listen to his show. its another thing entirely for a head coach in the nfl, with all that he has to concern himself with, especially at this stage of the season, to even thnk that what he says in a press conference will influence ticket sales. as far as he is concerned sunday is it. he is not even thinking about sunday night, monday, tuesday, let alone ticket sales for next year. that's not how nfl head coaches, especially this one, are wired.

theres no way an off the cuff guy like rex ryan pauses in his head before he speaks and asks himself "hmmmm, will this help sell a personal seat license or two?" it's laughable. :lol:
    i've told you already and i'll say it again the damn owner of hired this guy just to make the jets more popular in the headlines. ryan even got passed up by the ravens owner to coach that team and ryan was with the ravens for many years. it's not bout winning here it's bout HEADLINES. i coulda gotten jets season tickets for the 99 season very easily after that great 98 run the jets had. yes there is a way he does pause and say whacky things cause the own tells him.

this town never once cared bout the jets till ryan came along and changed the face of the franchise. it was always a franchise that was a what if and poor pity us and where the franchise that makes bad draft picks and chokes. now its when is a super bowl parade gonna come. you can dispute this with me all you want but your dead ass fucking wrong buddy. so i suggest you know what your talking bout before you run your fucking mouth. i bet you never once in your life have picked up a new york newspaper or even know how the media works here. you won't get me to back down from this argument like you do with fellow philly fans. you picked the wrong board fight. i'll gladly go back and forth with you bout this and laugh the whole time. kinda like how i'm laughing right now.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    is the guy that does the Jets chant really popular?
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
    smarchee wrote:
    haha yes he is and he's one of the nicest people you will ever meet. he goes to a bar my family used to baretend at here on long island.

metsfan wrote:
    Any new yorker on this board could back me up on what I say.

Okay, here is the deal. Metsy, you're not 100% incorrect here. Woody and the organization perhaps took into consideration that Rex's big mouth might not be a bad idea in order to generate headlines, drum up excitement etc....what Jeagler is saying is that no matter what, Rex Ryan was going to talk and talk big....PSL or no PSL, this is Rex Ryan...win win..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Okay, here is the deal. Metsy, you're not 100% incorrect here. Woody and the organization perhaps took into consideration that Rex's big mouth might not be a bad idea in order to generate headlines, drum up excitement etc....what Jeagler is saying is that no matter what, Rex Ryan was going to talk and talk big....PSL or no PSL, this is Rex Ryan...win win..
    of course he talks, hes always been like this not denying that at all. but when the jets have PSL'S to sell so the home games don't get blackedout, the coach is the main figure head of the team and all the fans have to go by.

metsfan wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    haha yes he is and he's one of the nicest people you will ever meet. he goes to a bar my family used to baretend at here on long island.

Best thing about all these Jets games being on the road, we haven't had to endure Fireman Ed.

And I would also like to add that the comment regarding this town not caring about the Jets prior to the arrival of Rex is completely ridiculous.....the truth is, no one cared about the Jets until the golden boy himself, Brett Favre, saved the franchise ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    metsfan wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

of course he talks, hes always been like this not denying that at all. but when the jets have PSL'S to sell so the home games don't get blackedout, the coach is the main figure head of the team and all the fans have to go by.

So it may be an indirect bi-product at best.....Rex is Rex..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:

woody isn't a dumb own by any means. i highly doubt bill cowher or anyother "big name" coach woulda been able to get jet fans to believe like they do with ryan. ryan is like a new yorker. runs his mouth and eats 7,000 calories.

jimed14 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    smarchee wrote:

Best thing about all these Jets games being on the road, we haven't had to endure Fireman Ed.

I think Ochocinco actually flew out Fireman Ed to the Cincy game ;) ..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    metsfan wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

woody isn't a dumb own by any means. i highly doubt bill cowher or anyother "big name" coach woulda been able to get jet fans to believe like they do with ryan. ryan is like a new yorker. runs his mouth and eats 7,000 calories.

Yes, the Jets knew who they were getting..whether there was an ulterior motive, aside from hiring a good coach, we'll never know, but what Jeags was saying is that Rex is acting exactly the same way he would regardless of PSLs....and this is true....glad everyone is back on the same page now...well, maybe not that damn smoking baby ;)..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    The Champ wrote:

Yes, the Jets knew who they were getting..whether there was an ulterior motive, aside from hiring a good coach, we'll never know, but what Jeags was saying is that Rex is acting exactly the same way he would regardless of PSLs....and this is true....glad everyone is back on the same page now...well, maybe not that damn smoking baby ;)..
    of course ryan is a loud mouth sob just like his father. i never ever once denied that at all. my point is that yes woody also hired ryan to sell the PSL'S. it wouldn't have mattered to johnson if this team was 4-12 or playing in the championship game, as long as the PSL'S were sold. it woulda been a black eye to the sport and to new york sports had the jets not sold all the allotted PSL's and been blackedout.

• So when is Sexy Rexy going to kiss Bill's 3 rings? I've been waiting for this.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    edited January 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

of course ryan is a loud mouth sob just like his father. i never ever once denied that at all. my point is that yes woody also hired ryan to sell the PSL'S. it wouldn't have mattered to johnson if this team was 4-12 or playing in the championship game, as long as the PSL'S were sold. it woulda been a black eye to the sport and to new york sports had the jets not sold all the allotted PSL's and been blackedout.

:roll: oh my god.
    you just don't get it. unreal.
    this is pointless to continue...

GO JETS!
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
    :roll:
    you just don't get it. unreal.
    WHAT IS YOUR POINT JIGGY. i already said i get hes a shit talker and a 'good coach". wtf would someone like you from philly who hates anything new york know bout how this town works. you don't get it do you. woody johnshon has psl's to sell. what better person on the team than the coach to get fans into this team and believing that this team is actually a winner. the only way to do that is at press conferences. 95% of the new york writers believe this team can win on sunday. they believe that cause rex ryan runs his mouth and is nice to them and gives them good soundbites. i'll argue with you till the cows come jiggy. i got no problem doing so. least it kills time while i work right now.