The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    metsfan wrote:
    I highly doubt the best offensive line would allow mark sanchez to be sacked 26 times, throw 20 int's and allow him to fumble the ball 8 times. yea that's an Oline I want protecting my qb.

I'm a semi jet fan. Been one since the 98 season. Figured I'd root for them seeing as how I'm a fan of another former shea stadium team.

Seriously, don't take this the wrong way but you are completely lost regarding the offensive line....they didn't 'allow' Sanchez to be sacked...he held on too long as every other rookie does...they didn't 'allow' him to fumble a million times as that's all on Sanchez making rookie mistakes....seriously, please stop in consideration for something.....nonetheless, how many times has Sanchez been sacked in the playoffs??? How many times in the last 5 games?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    81 wrote:

but...but....the jets play in new jersey :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

You know I just read that thread where Metsy made dumb ass remarks regarding fans of Jets and Giants....New York football=Tri-State area....many die-hard fans of both the Jets and Giants reside in Jersey and New York for various reasons I guess unknown to metsfan....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    I highly doubt the best offensive line would allow mark sanchez to be sacked 26 times, throw 20 int's and allow him to fumble the ball 8 times. yea that's an Oline I want protecting my qb.

I'm a semi jet fan. Been one since the 98 season. Figured I'd root for them seeing as how I'm a fan of another former shea stadium team.

Seriously, don't take this the wrong way but you are completely lost regarding the offensive line....they didn't 'allow' Sanchez to be sacked...he held on too long as every other rookie does...they didn't 'allow' him to fumble a million times as that's all on Sanchez making rookie mistakes....seriously, please stop in consideration for something.....nonetheless, how many times has Sanchez been sacked in the playoffs??? How many times in the last 5 games?
    since week 14 mark sanchez has thrown 4 ints and been sacked 5 times. 1 int and 1 sack coming into the play off. The jets Oline is not the best the Oline in the league. Stop sipping the ryan kool aid. This is the same coach that after the falcons game said "where outta the playoffs". Who had the "best defense" last year or 2 years ago. Bet you can't name me those 2 teams
    The Champ wrote:
    81 wrote:

but...but....the jets play in new jersey :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:

You know I just read that thread where Metsy made dumb ass remarks regarding fans of Jets and Giants....New York football=Tri-State area....many die-hard fans of both the Jets and Giants reside in Jersey and New York for various reasons I guess unknown to metsfan....
    no they aren't unknown to me at all. The jets and giants haven't played in the state of new york in over 25+years. Would you be a fan of either team had they always played in new jersey and never once played in new york. I guess you also root for the devils and nets cause they are tri state area teams.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I could give a fuck about what someone thinks about the O Line.

I feel pretty confident we have a talented squad and if someone else disagrees so be it.

I'm getting really nervous and excited about this weekend. They haev only been to 2 other AFC championship games in my life against the dolphins and denver. I was too young to even care when they played the dolphins but god i remember the game against denver.

I'm trying to set myself up to not be as upset if we lose because we are not supposed to be here now, playing with house money etc, but damn when you get this close to the pie it's tough not to taste it!

I want some pie damn it :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

I feel pretty confident we have a talented squad and if someone else disagrees so be it.

I'm getting really nervous and excited about this weekend. They haev only been to 2 other AFC championship games in my life against the dolphins and denver. I was too young to even care when they played the dolphins but god i remember the game against denver.

I'm trying to set myself up to not be as upset if we lose because we are not supposed to be here now, playing with house money etc, but damn when you get this close to the pie it's tough not to taste it!

I don't disagree with that this team is talented. I disagree with this "best" everything bull shit that ryan spews out and gets dumbass fans to believe in. Yes I know its all to sell those psl's. Its just getting a bit outta hand. Next thing you know feely will be the "best" kicker :roll:. This team is built to win now and might not ever get back here again. So enjoy it true jet fans. I'm enjoying this run a lot just like every other tri state area person is doing and back in 98 too. Its not everday a "new york" team besides the yankees go deep in the playoffs. I have a soft spot for the jets cause I'm a mets fan and know what it feels like to have your emotion fucked around with by a team

Btw- todd is god ;);)

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    well it was fun while it lasted

look at the cover of sports ill. oh lord
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    metsfan wrote:

no they aren't unknown to me at all. The jets and giants haven't played in the state of new york in over 25+years. Would you be a fan of either team had they always played in new jersey and never once played in new york. I guess you also root for the devils and nets cause they are tri state area teams.[/quote]

Where do the Cowboys play? Anwser me that?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    metsfan wrote:
    Its not everday a "new york" team besides the yankees go deep in the playoffs.

Giants? SB winners after the 07 season, SB loss in 00
    Devils stanley cup winners in 03, 00, 95, finalist in 01
    Mets went to the NLCS in 06

just a few examples of NY teams deep playoff runs in the last decade. i'm sure i'm missing some confrence finals on the devils and even the Nets had some good teams back at the begining of the decade (two losses to the Lakers in the finals)

nah, NY teams never go deep in the playoffs :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    metsfan wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I don't disagree with that this team is talented. I disagree with this "best" everything bull shit that ryan spews out and gets dumbass fans to believe in. Yes I know its all to sell those psl's. Its just getting a bit outta hand. Next thing you know feely will be the "best" kicker :roll:. This team is built to win now and might not ever get back here again. So enjoy it true jet fans. I'm enjoying this run a lot just like every other tri state area person is doing and back in 98 too. Its not everday a "new york" team besides the yankees go deep in the playoffs. I have a soft spot for the jets cause I'm a mets fan and know what it feels like to have your emotion fucked around with by a team

Btw- todd is god ;);)

you really think rex ryan is trying to sell psls in his press conferences? really?
    www.myspace.com
    psl's????? lmao this gets more stupid by the minute
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Metsy your way off on rex ryan,the guy is a good coach. He tells it the way it is and having andy reid who tells u absoutely nothing makes rex that much more fun. His dad was a fool but a great def cord and at least rex relieves that u need an offensive to win as well. I'd take rex ryan as my teams head coach everyday all day. There's a reason why the team is playing well and that he got scott and leohnard to sign with the jets over the ravens. Give the man his do he's a loud mouthed coach who backs it up and i love that. GO EAGLES
    Go Birds!!!!
    Metsy your way off on rex ryan,the guy is a good coach. He tells it the way it is and having andy reid who tells u absoutely nothing makes rex that much more fun. His dad was a fool but a great def cord and at least rex relieves that u need an offensive to win as well. I'd take rex ryan as my teams head coach everyday all day. There's a reason why the team is playing well and that he got scott and leohnard to sign with the jets over the ravens. Give the man his do he's a loud mouthed coach who backs it up and i love that. GO EAGLES

pleaseplease let him root against them thanks :mrgreen:

He believes in his players/coaches and praises them constantly....and appears genuine in doing so..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    metsfan wrote:
    This team is built to win now and might not ever get back here again.

Yeah because the core of Sanchez, Revis, Greene, Keller, Mangold, Harris, Ferguson, Cotchery, Washington, Leonhard, Rhodes etc. are all over the fucking hill..lol..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

Yeah because the core of Sanchez, Revis, Greene, Keller, Mangold, Harris, Ferguson, Cotchery, Washington, Leonhard, Rhodes etc. are all over the fucking hill..lol..

:lol: i missed that comment
    edited January 2010
    metsfan wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Btw- todd is god ;);)

you really think rex ryan is trying to sell psls in his press conferences? really?
    of course I do and I'm not the only one. Look at his press conferences. Says jet fans are the greatest fans. When your a jet, your a jet for life. Its gets people like the champ to buy into it and believe . The jets psl's are selling poorly. Gotta come up with someway to sell em
    yea he told it like it was after the loss to the falcons. He said "where outta the playoffs". He begged the colts to bench there players. The colts do so and he still think the jets won that game. After the brad smith touchdown what did manning and colts do. They drove 86 yards down the field on the "best defense" who at the time were 7-7 :roll:. When this team was 4-6 fans were calling for ryan to be fired and bill cowher be brought in. I guess people quickly forgot bout that.
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

yea and people said the same thing bout the 80's dolphins and how many times did they play in the conference final or the super bowl. How many times did broadway joes teams get to the conference final or super bowl.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

81 wrote:

Giants? SB winners after the 07 season, SB loss in 00
    Devils stanley cup winners in 03, 00, 95, finalist in 01
    Mets went to the NLCS in 06

just a few examples of NY teams deep playoff runs in the last decade. i'm sure i'm missing some confrence finals on the devils and even the Nets had some good teams back at the begining of the decade (two losses to the Lakers in the finals)

nah, NY teams never go deep in the playoffs :roll:
    and what did the giants do after that 00 season. Tell me wise one. What did the mets do after the 06 playoffs. Go ahead and tell me wiseone. I believe the mets have choked since 06 and I believe the giants took a few years to bacl to the platoffs. THAT'S what I meant when I said you don't get a chance to win as often as the yankees do. I was talking bout "ny" teams. No one cares bout the devils and nets in the state of nj or hockey and basketball for that matter.

metsfan wrote:

and what did the giants do after that 00 season. Tell me wise one. What did the mets do after the 06 playoffs. Go ahead and tell me wiseone. I believe the mets have choked since 06 and I believe the giants took a few years to bacl to the platoffs. THAT'S what I meant when I said you don't get a chance to win as often as the yankees do. I was talking bout "ny" teams. No one cares bout the devils and nets in the state of nj or hockey and basketball for that matter.

:roll: the whole NY/NJ arguement is stale and pointless.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

i'm still waiting on the answer to this one. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    metsfan wrote:
    yea and people said the same thing bout the 80's dolphins and how many times did they play in the conference final or the super bowl. How many times did broadway joes teams get to the conference final or super bowl.

80 - missed
    81 - loss in divisinal round
    82 - loss SB
    83 - loss in divisinal round
    84 - loss SB
    85 - loss AFC Championship
    86 - missed
    87 - missed
    88 - missed
    89 - missed

so for Miami during the 80's, the answer would be 2 SB and 3 AFC championship games.

not to bad considering you should only reach the confrence championship ever 7 or 8 years based on 15-16 teams in each confrence.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

80 - missed
    81 - loss in divisinal round
    82 - loss SB
    83 - loss in divisinal round
    84 - loss SB
    85 - loss AFC Championship
    86 - missed
    87 - missed
    88 - missed
    89 - missed

so for Miami during the 80's, the answer would be 2 SB and 3 AFC championship games.

not to bad considering you should only reach the confrence championship ever 7 or 8 years based on 15-16 teams in each confrence.
    You have that small window to win in the nfl. That's my point I'm making to the champ. You can have a great foundation but still take 1-5 years to get back to the championship and super bowl. It may never happen again. That's why you enjoy it while you can. I'm a die hard mets fan and look at how long its been since the team actually played in the playoffs. Alots changed with the team. I'm just being real is all. I hate manning and the colts. I hope the jets D puts manning into the turf and out for the game.

• jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    yea he told it like it was after the loss to the falcons. He said "where outta the playoffs". He begged the colts to bench there players. The colts do so and he still think the jets won that game. After the brad smith touchdown what did manning and colts do. They drove 86 yards down the field on the "best defense" who at the time were 7-7 :roll:. When this team was 4-6 fans were calling for ryan to be fired and bill cowher be brought in. I guess people quickly forgot bout that.

Your off base here, u ever think he said that to motivate his players? Whats wrong with a coach actually having fun during a press conference?? A wins a win period no matter how u look at it the won the game and thats all that matters. The best defense gave up a touchdown to a great offensive led by a hall of fame qb, i don't get what your saying here. I don't know about what the Jets media or fans said during the season but rex ryan is a damn good football coach period. I love his passion and he brings a swagger that we need here in Philly. I'll take rex any day of the year here.
    Go Birds!!!!
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Why do you keep skipping this question?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Your off base here, u ever think he said that to motivate his players? Whats wrong with a coach actually having fun during a press conference?? A wins a win period no matter how u look at it the won the game and thats all that matters. The best defense gave up a touchdown to a great offensive led by a hall of fame qb, i don't get what your saying here. I don't know about what the Jets media or fans said during the season but rex ryan is a damn good football coach period. I love his passion and he brings a swagger that we need here in Philly. I'll take rex any day of the year here.
    Sundays press conference after the falcons loss ryan said "where outta the playoffs". At mondays press conference ryan said he didn't know we(jets) had a chance to make the playoffs. New york fans have a love/hate relationship with a team as evidence of pages 5-7 in this thread. The new york media will be on your side as long as you are nice to them like ryan is. You can have all the swagger in this town but back it up and that's what ryan has done this season. Next season it might be the same.
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Why do you keep skipping this question?
    cause I'm choosing to ignore you. If you don't like it that's tough shit and I don't care. I'm ignoring you cause you've done nothing but bash me in this thread when you don't even know me. Treat me with some kinda respect and maybe I'll give you the time of day. How's that for an answer.

• Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,331
    I must have missed the game and the Jets won because they are already selling AFC Champions gear.

http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php

Edit: I guess the Colts are doing it as well. Stupid Pro Football Talk . com
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
    metsfan wrote:
    How's that for an answer.

sounds like somebody is unwilling to admit where the Cowboys play because it would make them look hypocritical.

just sayin
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

sounds like somebody is unwilling to admit where the Cowboys play because it would make them look hypocritical.

just sayin
    i know where the cowboys and have actually been to texas stadium. i have never once owned any jets or giants gear and nor do i plan too. do you like that answer. is that good enough for you. does it get the 81 approval. :roll: *yawns*

metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

just sayin
    i know where the cowboys and have actually been to texas stadium. i have never once owned any jets or giants gear and nor do i plan too. do you like that answer. is that good enough for you. does it get the 81 approval. :roll: *yawns*

no it does not meet my approval.

why do you refuse to answer the question?

Where do the Cowboys play?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I believe the DALLAS cowboys play in TEXAS stadium

Which part of that are not u getting. Are u that much of a dumb Midwestern person.

Enough of this texas talk in a "new york" jets thread. Seriously we can talk bout this in the cowboyz thread. :roll: