The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

:roll: oh my god.
    you just don't get it. unreal.
    this is pointless to continue...

GO JETS!
    please don't root for the jets. root for the colts.

i can't believe someone from philly is rooting for a "new york" team. isn't that a no no in the philly fanbook. :roll:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,630
    metsfan wrote:
    :roll:
    WHAT IS YOUR POINT JIGGY. i already said i get hes a shit talker and a 'good coach". wtf would someone like you from philly who hates anything new york know bout how this town works. you don't get it do you. woody johnshon has psl's to sell. what better person on the team than the coach to get fans into this team and believing that this team is actually a winner. the only way to do that is at press conferences. 95% of the new york writers believe this team can win on sunday. they believe that cause rex ryan runs his mouth and is nice to them and gives them good soundbites.

might as well just agree to disagree okay?

you believe the coach of the new york jets, in the middle of a playoff run and in the week leading up to the afc championship game no less (the biggest game of his entire life at this point), is concerning himself with the task of selling personal seat licenses for next season.

i disagree.
    www.myspace.com
    metsfan wrote:

:roll: oh my god.
    this is pointless to continue...

GO JETS!
    please don't root for the jets. root for the colts.

i can't believe someone from philly is rooting for a "new york" team. isn't that a no no in the philly fanbook. :roll:

unlike you who seems to hate everything that has to do with philadelphia, i already explained why i am pulling for the jets in this thread....you would not understand it since you bailed on them as a kid when they sucked though.
    www.myspace.com

unlike you who seems to hate everything that has to do with philadelphia, i already explained why i am pulling for the jets in this thread....you would not understand it since you bailed on them as a kid when they sucked though.
    yea that's right i bailed on the jets cause of the poor coaching of rich kotite and bruce colset and pete carroll. again i never once have claimed to be a jet fan nor do i own any jets gear.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

hey finally you got something right. i do hate anything related to philly. i so badly wanted to piss on the rocky statue when i was in philly for pearl jam. to bad a few cop cars were driving by the statue every 10-15 minutes. but hey it was fun running up the steps like rocky and saying fuck philly.

metsfan wrote:

yea that's right i bailed on the jets cause of the poor coaching of rich kotiet and bruce colset and pete carroll. again i never once have claimed to be a jet fan nor do i own any jets gear.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

hey finally you got something right. i do hate anything related to philly. i so badly wanted to piss on the rocky statue when i was in philly for pearl jam. to bad a few cop cars were driving by the statue every 10-15 minutes. but hey it was fun running up the steps like him and saying fuck philly.

wow. that is awesome.

what is it about philadephia that makes you hate it so much?
    www.myspace.com

wow. that is awesome.

i know it was so awesome. i loved every minute of it :) .

i hate anything philly cause of all the teams i root for at one point were huge rivals with philly teams. nice city though. i loved the ghettoness of it. least chickies and petes had great food :roll:.

metsfan wrote:

wow. that is awesome.

i know it was so awesome. i loved every minute of it :) .

i hate anything philly cause of all the teams i root for at one point were huge rivals with philly teams. nice city though. i loved the ghettoness of it. least chickies and petes had great food :roll:.

class act.

you probably have a lot going on in your life don't you? you and your roomate must have some good times together. is he a cowboys fan too? if not, are you going to try and convert him?
    www.myspace.com

class act.

you probably have a lot going on in your life don't you? you and your roomate must have some good times together. is he a cowboys fan too? if not, are you going to try and convert him?
    well gee considering i work 18-20 hours a day and barely get sleep except the weekends. i'd say that's a pretty busy life. i rarely see my roomate cept for our apartment parties on saturday night's. nah he's a giants fan and gives me shit all the time for being a cowboys fan.

i try to keep it classy :)

• You guys have lost it
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    You guys have lost it

GO JETS!
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i smell carp
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    You guys have lost it

Place gone nuts..anyway..

Darrelle+Revis+I.jpg
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    You guys have lost it

Place gone nuts..anyway..

Darrelle+Revis+I.jpg
    i love how mayor buttberg renamed manhatten revis island. also cool the empire state building is green and white. i'm gonna take a pic of that tomorrow.

metsfan wrote:

wow thats a long day. shame you don't get to see him more often.
    when you two are dancing at your saturday night parties, how do you decide who leads?
    :lol::clap::clap:

Your a dick lol funny shit i must say.

yeah, we're just joking around.

it's all for charity though. god bless those kids. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    when you two are dancing at your saturday night parties, how do you decide who leads?
    :lol::clap::clap:[/quote]

Your a dick lol funny shit i must say.[/quote][/quote]

it's all for charity though. god bless those kids. :mrgreen:[/quote]
    metsy takes thing personal so i'd relax. he's really a good dude,he's maybe a little ny crazy but a good dude.
    Go Birds!!!!

Your a dick lol funny shit i must say.[/quote][/quote]

metsy takes thing personal so i'd relax. he's really a good dude,he's maybe a little ny crazy but a good dude.[/quote]

Go back to playing poker ya fucking gambler. Also do you philly not know how to quote right. I've never seen a group of people from one area quote so badly.

metsfan wrote:

Your a dick lol funny shit i must say.
    [/quote]

metsy takes thing personal so i'd relax. he's really a good dude,he's maybe a little ny crazy but a good dude.[/quote]

Go back to playing poker ya fucking gambler. Also do you philly not know how to quote right. I've never seen a group of people from one area quote so badly.[/quote]

the worst i've seen!
    just another reason for you to hate the city of philadelphia :wave: :thumbup:

GO JETS!
    www.myspace.com
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    NFL Network was showing Superbowl III late last night ... man, what a trip.

First, Namath gets all the pub, but, like this year's game needs to be for the Jets ... the defense won that superbowl. 5 Colt turnovers, including two interceptions of Earl Morral in the end zone. Ouch.

Antoher thing I noticed ... holy shit, DBs played 9 yards off the line of scrimmage ... read that again nine yards off the line of scrimmage. This is because everyone used the passing game to make long chunks of yards, I think there were maybe 5 passes under 5 yards all game, and on one of those, the Jets fumbled after the rception was made. Also, every wide out started from a 3 point stance! :shock:

Amazing to look at this now, the whole game you're thinking, "Man, just toss it to your WR and let him run, you'll at least get 6-7 yards a play!" No wonder Bill Walsh was so succesful with his new looking offense in Cincinnati.

Also, pretty interesting to watch an ineffective hurry up offense. Down 16 - 0 with 4+ minutes left, the Colts had the ball inside the Jets 5 ... and before each play, they huddled. They huddled! 20+ seconds off the clock as they plowed the ball into the line of scrimmage, failed, and huddled again until they put it in on 4th down.

Finally, they were using NFL rules ... meaning, no 2 point conversion (AFL had the two point conversion). So when the Colts scored late and made it 16 - 6, conversion pending, with 3 minutes left ... it would have been exciting to see them go for 2. To make it more interesting, they converted the onside kick and drove within the 20 with 2 minutes left. How crazy would that have been if the scre was 16 - 8 at the time instead of 16 - 7?

Anyway, thought I post this as it's the only thing I found interesting about this game as we lead into it today.

Least exciting playoffs ever.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    I don't know much about the Jets this year. But my girlfriend decided that last week she really loved the Jets. (I'm pretty sure it had to do with her liking the uniforms.)
    Anyway, we just made a bet for dinner on the game- I took Indiana and gave her four points.
    Good bet?
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • milarso wrote:
    I don't know much about the Jets this year. But my girlfriend decided that last week she really loved the Jets. (I'm pretty sure it had to do with her liking the uniforms.)
    Anyway, we just made a bet for dinner on the game- I took Indiana and gave her four points.
    Good bet?
    good bet....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    why does jordan sparks hold such a monopoly in national anthem singing before big playoff and superbowl games?

she looks pretty good though
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    prepare for a new york beat down. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I have tough time pulling for either of these teams which I'm not fan of ... I'm just happy the Chargers are out of it.

Honestly, I just want to see the "Peyton face" as much as I can today ...

1200274240_peyton.jpg

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I prefer the Mopy one :? :cry: :?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    I prefer the Mopy one :? :cry: :?

Peace

1195276906_peyton.jpg

Stuffed on the goal line ... MANNING FACE - ACTIVATE

Damn the Jets are playing a hell of a game so far. BTW did anybody hear how much money Sanchez gets for this game and the next IF THE JETS WINS?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

jimed14 wrote:

What goal line stance, I was eating dinner?

Peace

g under p wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

What goal line stance, I was eating dinner?

Peace

1st-4, NYJ4 10:06 P. Manning incomplete pass to the right
    2nd-4, NYJ4 10:01 P. Manning passed to A. Collie down the middle for 3 yard gain
    3rd-1, NYJ1 9:28 P. Manning rushed up the middle for no gain
    4th-1, NYJ1 8:44 M. Stover kicked a 19-yard field goal

... and now a fumble in Indy territory. :shock:

g under p wrote:
    BTW did anybody hear how much money Sanchez gets for this game and the next IF THE JETS WINS?

Peace

To answer my own question, if Sanchez wins gets around $750,000....$1,800,000 if he wins the Super Bowl

Peace