The 2009 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Somebody is scared to answer a simple little question. I wonder why. :lol:

hmm, what could it be? Why won't metsy tell me where the Cowboys play? Maybe i'm wording my question incorrectly. Lets try this again.

What city do the Cowboys play in? hmm, i just can't seem to remember.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:

hmm, what could it be? Why won't metsy tell me where the Cowboys play? Maybe i'm wording my question incorrectly. Lets try this again.

The play in DALLAS

Why part of that are you not getting or are you just baiting me. I think baiting someone on here isn't allowed and I also think that's a 2 day ban. So you keep baiting me buddy.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    81 wrote:

The play in DALLAS

Why part of that are you getting or are you just baiting me. I think baiting someone on here isn't allowed and I also think that's a 2 day ban. So you keep baiting me buddy.

They play in Dallas. huh. That suprises me that you would say that. Now you claim to have been to see the Cowboys in person at their home stadium. I would have thought that you, being the guru on sports markets and political boundries would have known that the Cowboys don't actually play in Dallas. They play in Arlington, TX, and prior to this season they played in Irving, TX. Being the great sports guy that you are, i would have thought you would have known the Cowboys haven't called Dallas home since their days at the Cotton bowl.

if you feel threatened, feel free to report me to the mod squad. :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Oh don't you worry buddy I've reported you a few times in this thread LOL. Thanks for playing. Least irving and arlington are in the same STATE as dallas and are within a 20 mile area of "downtown" dallas unlike east rutherford that's in NEW JERSEY. I'm sorry I picked my own team to root for as a kid and went against the norm. Would it have mattered if I wasa pats fan or a browns fan or is it the fact I'm a cowboys that bothers you people so much. You people have been falling for my act for the past 5 years on here. Its like shooting fish in a bucket. Its very much pathetic and funny.

edited January 2010
    thanks for playing even if you are unwilling to admit your political boundry arguement is dumb at best :lol:

i'll be sure to let you know when the mod squad contacts me about my posts :lol:

we now return you to your New York Jets discussion.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,632
    metsfan wrote:
    . Least irving and arlington are in the same STATE as dallas and are within a 20 mile area of "downtown" dallas unlike east rutherford that's in NEW JERSEY. .

east rutherford is 10 minutes from new york city...thus closer to nyc than the cowboys are to dallas.

:roll:

oh, metsfan. what have you got yourself into yet again?
    www.myspace.com
    metsfan wrote:
    I believe the DALLAS cowboys play in TEXAS stadium

don't know HOW i missed this gem

The Cowboys DON'T play in Texas stadium either. They play in Cowboy stadium. Texas stadium has a dinner date with a wrecking ball. :lol:

and you call yourself a cowboys fan. :lol:

ok, NOW we return you to your Jets conversation :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    metsfan wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

you really think rex ryan is trying to sell psls in his press conferences? really?
    of course I do and I'm not the only one. Look at his press conferences. Says jet fans are the greatest fans. When your a jet, your a jet for life. Its gets people like the champ to buy into it and believe . The jets psl's are selling poorly. Gotta come up with someway to sell em

really?

soooo.........do you think the jets marketing department preps rex ryan before everytime he meets with reporters?

do you ever think these things out before posting?
    www.myspace.com
    I love his passion and he brings a swagger that we need here in Philly. I'll take rex any day of the year here.

dude......dude. dude, come on man. :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    kills me to even THINK of a division rival in the big dance but I DETEST Indy. I think I just threw up in my mouth with the thought of the Jets at the Super Bowl but....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I love his passion and he brings a swagger that we need here in Philly. I'll take rex any day of the year here.

u wouldn't take rex ryans passion on this team??? I understand u love big red but come on man rex is a coach players love to play for cause he's got so much passion. Ill take a rex ryan press conf over any reid one.
    Go Birds!!!!
    the Ryans have something that you either love or hate. just ask the 85 bears Defense and head coach. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    this kidjust baits people? whats with that ? lol

texas lmao
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,285
    Fuck the rest it's all about J-E-T-S JETS here, so take the Cowboy & PHILLY talk outta here your time will be next season ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,867
    I too have jumped on the Jets bandwagon
    I hope they win it all. Go jets!

u wouldn't take rex ryans passion on this team??? I understand u love big red but come on man rex is a coach players love to play for cause he's got so much passion. Ill take a rex ryan press conf over any reid one.

are you kidding? i like the candidness, sure. but just because reid doesnt show a lot of emotion doesn't mean he is passionless. by that same token you'd probably take ryan over belichek. waaaaay too early to say rex ryan is a better coach than reid. his record speaks for himself.

come on dude. i would not have renewed reid's contract and there are coaches out there i would have taken over him. but this guy is a rookie coach who basically is having the same kind of season we had last year. won 9 games, got lucky and snuck into the playoffs...and will probably lose in the championship game. (i am rooting for them to win though).
    www.myspace.com
    Were did i at any time say Rex was a better coach then Reid??? I said i love Rex's passion and would love my coach to have rex's passion. I feel about Reid kinda like i do about Mcnabb,except i 1000% don't want mcnabb back. Reid can have another shot but i'd take a fresh new coach like Rex in here in a second.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,285
    GOjetsGO°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸GO!!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°gojets¨¨°º¤ø GOjetsø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„øGO jets GOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO newyorkjets¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°AFCjets¨¨°º¤ø, GO jets GO!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ø¤º° KEEP THE WAVE GOING! GO JETS!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    enough philly and dallas in here :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Were did i at any time say Rex was a better coach then Reid??? I said i love Rex's passion and would love my coach to have rex's passion. I feel about Reid kinda like i do about Mcnabb,except i 1000% don't want mcnabb back. Reid can have another shot but i'd take a fresh new coach like Rex in here in a second.

but you're saying you'd take a coach you admit is worse than the one we have now. that, to me, doesn't make any sense.
    www.myspace.com

but you're saying you'd take a coach you admit is worse than the one we have now. that, to me, doesn't make any sense.
    I thought i was a Homer u take it to another level. :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!

I thought i was a Homer u take it to another level. :shock:

i've said here and in other threads i would have prefered not to extend reid. i just think it makes no sense getting rid of him and hiring a coach who you admitted was not as good a coach. i've also said i'd be happy to try kolb and have donovan move one. i'm just not overly negative like the rest of you.
    www.myspace.com
    I think Rex is a damn good coach. He's a defensive machine like his old man. With one huge difference he understands u need an offensive as well. U call it being negative 95% of us call it moving on and understanding that all good things come to an end. Having thoughts or opinions different then the front office isn't wrong. I don't get why u always say were negative? I love this team as much as u do i promise,but i'm just more critical then u because i've had enough of the same old same old. Being competive seems to be fine with u, it's not for me i want a damn championship. I'll take an 8-8 seasons or a 7-9 seasons if i know a title is coming. The feeling i got from the Phillies was such a high there was no drug even close.
    Go Birds!!!!
    I think Rex is a damn good coach. He's a defensive machine like his old man. With one huge difference he understands u need an offensive as well. U call it being negative 95% of us call it moving on and understanding that all good things come to an end. Having thoughts or opinions different then the front office isn't wrong. I don't get why u always say were negative? I love this team as much as u do i promise,but i'm just more critical then u because i've had enough of the same old same old. Being competive seems to be fine with u, it's not for me i want a damn championship. I'll take an 8-8 seasons or a 7-9 seasons if i know a title is coming. The feeling i got from the Phillies was such a high there was no drug even close.

how do you not understand that i would have preferred them to not extend reid's contract and that i am okay with mcnabb leaving? tell me how that is in line with what you think the front office wants us to think?

why would you think i am fine with them just being competitive? you're talking in circles dude.

all i am saying here is that you said reid was a better coach than ryan, and i agreed. so then i don't understand why you would want to swap the two.

(and for the record--i don't see an 8-8 or 7-9 record from the birds if they make the right moves this offseason. i dont understand why everyone assumes that is what is going to happen. i see them being better next year than they were this year. i've said that all season long)

and by the way...this vaunted jets offense that you speak of? 17th in the league in points per game and 20th in the league yards per game. not sure what you're talking about there. they have a great running game. but they do not, by any means, have a great total offense. the defense carries this team obviously.

all that said--GO JETS on sunday!
    www.myspace.com
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    50 hours
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22

really?

soooo.........do you think the jets marketing department preps rex ryan before everytime he meets with reporters?

do you ever think these things out before posting?

Before ryan took over this team they couldn't sell PSL'S at the new meadowlands stadium if they gave em away for free. As the season has slowly moved along the jets got more people to buy PSL'S and regular seats in the upper bowl which are now sold out. Which surprise surprise ryan has run his mouth. Every jet insider has said the owner wanted a coach the fans can relate too and buy into. Insider have also said the owner encouraged this and wants the back page headlines of newspaper. I've never seen fans believe in a coach in this town like I've seen with ryan. So yea I do think these things out.

BTW- can you quote right ONE TIME, JUST ONE TIME. I've never seen someone quote so poorly like you do. Christ dude

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    metsfan wrote:
    Before ryan took over this team they couldn't sell PSL'S at the new meadowlands stadium if they gave em away for free.

Another Metsy gem ;) ....and btw, the insider you're talking about is Mike Francesa...you've basically regurgitated everything fatso has said these last two weeks in an effort to tweak the Jet fan for rating purposes....good job, but not great..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    edited January 2010
    The Champ wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    Before ryan took over this team they couldn't sell PSL'S at the new meadowlands stadium if they gave em away for free.

Another Metsy gem ;) ....and btw, the insider you're talking about is Mike Francesa...you've basically regurgitated everything fatso has said these last two weeks in an effort to tweak the Jet fan for rating purposes....good job, but not great..
    haha good one champ. We need to get to a met game this year and get shitfaced. Think the wifey would let you out. How's that for a gem ;);).

Actually fatso wasn't the only that's reported that. Its been in all the area newspapers throughout the year too. I love how fatty is tweaking jet fan like he does with met fans. Must be that "ets" thing lol.

I really hope the jets D plays a 4-6. I think that be a great way to contain manning. the chess match between ryan and manning is gonna be one for the ages.
    Post edited by Gary Carter on

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    GOjetsGO°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø¸GO!!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°gojets¨¨°º¤ø GOjetsø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤ø ¸„øGO jets GOº°¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO newyorkjets¨¨°º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°AFCjets¨¨°º¤ø, GO jets GO!º¤ø ¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø ø¤º° KEEP THE WAVE GOING! GO JETS!

It takes way too much effort to continue that wave....but anyway, I just looked back at the initial post, and wow how far we have come....this ride/wave this season has exceeded my wildest imagination, especially when you factor in a kid rookie QB with one year college experience, rookie head coach, and then losing our best offensive and defensive players, Washington and Jenkins respectively....
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'