Options

***Bootleg program for 2009

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone here have to pay import duty/additional tax for the shipping to the UK ,I ordered a couple of the bootlegs and I received a card today saying that there is approximately £11.

I was just wondering if it was just me who had been stung.

Thanks

Paul
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i_luv_pies wrote:
    Did anyone here have to pay import duty/additional tax for the shipping to the UK ,I ordered a couple of the bootlegs and I received a card today saying that there is approximately £11.

Thanks

Paul
    IF THEY "CATCH U" YES U PAY ..THE REST OF THE EUROPE DIDNT PAY..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i got all 5 in one package didnt pay a penny extra said on the bag value $80
    u have 3 kids and they let it go ;)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    Maybe i should start another topic "Daily update of not getting the euro boots":
    Today, the 25th of november, waiting 20 days until now....no euro boots :cry::cry::cry:
    They should be there already. I bought 16 boots before and they all arrived within 6 - 10 days! So what happened. Should i wait or should i write KUFALA again.
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:
    Maybe i should start another topic "Daily update of not getting the euro boots":
    Today, the 25th of november, waiting 20 days until now....no euro boots :cry::cry::cry:
    They should be there already. I bought 16 boots before and they all arrived within 6 - 10 days! So what happened. Should i wait or should i write KUFALA again.
    u can write one more time..they will help u
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:

Wait. It can take 30 days for delivery. 1 boot i ordered took about 28 - 29 days. Just gotta wait im afraid.
  • Options
    KufalaKufala Posts: 48
    No update on the Philly Boots yet. Greatness sometimes takes time.

Also an update. We are working on a fix to our postage forms to limit any duties paid. We switched to a new system in August that auto-generates postage and customs forms so we need to fine tune it a bit.

We have got word that there have been quite a few delays on delivery of some of the EU boots ordered in early November. Good news is a lot of people are now receiving them so hopefully those that have not received them yet will within the next couple days. If you ordered Nov 5th-9th if you do not receive them by December 5th pleases let us know and we will reship your order. You can respond to the link in your shipping confirmation email or email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:PJ@KUFALA.COM">PJ@KUFALA.COM</a><!-- e -->.

Again I am sorry I don't have more news on the Philly shows. I do believe patience will be rewarded. Hang tight.

KUFALA
    Peace
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    Thanks for the update...I guess... ;)

We'll continue to hang tight, but if it takes too long, we'll possibly hang ourselves!! :lol:

Thanks again for the update.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Mr DerpMr Derp Posts: 319
    Cool. Sounds like they're really trying to get the Philly boots sounding as good as possible. Or there's something else going on.

Either way, good news.
  • Options
    Kufala wrote:

Also an update. We are working on a fix to our postage forms to limit any duties paid. We switched to a new system in August that auto-generates postage and customs forms so we need to fine tune it a bit.

We have got word that there have been quite a few delays on delivery of some of the EU boots ordered in early November. Good news is a lot of people are now receiving them so hopefully those that have not received them yet will within the next couple days. If you ordered Nov 5th-9th if you do not receive them by December 5th pleases let us know and we will reship your order. You can respond to the link in your shipping confirmation email or email us at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:PJ@KUFALA.COM">PJ@KUFALA.COM</a><!-- e -->.

Again I am sorry I don't have more news on the Philly shows. I do believe patience will be rewarded. Hang tight.

KUFALA

Thats absolutely a fantastic service!! I knew that KUFALA will help me if the boots are lost! Now, i have no problem to wait until the 5th of december! Thanks again to KUFALA! You are great!!! :D
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Got the O2 boot and sounds fantastic. Although I am a little concerned about the two references Eddy makes about not coming back for an awful long time....

Like to hear Manchester but I am keeping that in the shrink wrap for my mom for xmas. I don't mind waiting until Boxing Day to hear that! From what someone said earlier they were filming at Philly. I will have that on a dvd thank you very much!

I hope UK customs are enjoying the bootlegs too....they must be making a killing....
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • Options
    i_luv_pies wrote:

Thanks

Paul

I also got charged £11, which apparently "includes £8 handling fee for underpaid items". Does this mean Kufala didn't pay enough postage?
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    No the £8 is the handling fee that Royal Mail always charge for dealing with customs.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    So you can order copies of the cd's?
    Do they come with album art?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Ordered Shepherds Bush, Manchester and London O2 on Nov 17th. Got both London shows in the post yesterday... :thumbup: :thumbup:

...but no sign of Manchester yet... :(

ordered mine individually to avoid the 11 quid customs rip-off having been stung by that when i ordered a London 2007 t-shirt earlier this year. when i asked WTF was going on and why i hadn't been charged for other orders before they said that they usually checked about 1 in 3 packages and were 'catching' lots more now because of the exchange rate of the dollar to the pound. bastards! :x

think you have to pay on anything with a value over 18 quid. mind you, the dollar's got weaker recently so more should be getting through...
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • Options
    Kufala wrote:

KUFALA
    thank u..
  • Options
    its like this the cd..the downlods dont have artwork

6240cd.jpg
  • Options

6240cd.jpg

Bääh! This picture makes me cry!!! I want my euro boots!! Pleeeeaaasseeee!!!! Maybe the arrived today...but only maybe...probably not!! Bäähäääh!!! :cry::cry::cry:
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    KloddzKloddz Posts: 2,573
    Kufala wrote:
    Greatness sometimes takes time.
    Makes me wonder what's to come... :shock:
    Bern - September 13, 2006
    Berlin - August 15, 2009
    Lisbon - July 10, 2010
    Berlin - June 26, 2014
    Zurich - June 23, 2022

http://www.last.fm/user/Kloddz
  • Options
    Chrisilein wrote:

6240cd.jpg

Bääh! This picture makes me cry!!! I want my euro boots!! Pleeeeaaasseeee!!!! Maybe the arrived today...but only maybe...probably not!! Bäähäääh!!! :cry::cry::cry:
    i hope u get them today.. :)
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,371
    JimNastics wrote:
    i_luv_pies wrote:

Thanks

Paul

I also got charged £11, which apparently "includes £8 handling fee for underpaid items". Does this mean Kufala didn't pay enough postage?
    I paid an extra £11.06 for the Shebu and O2 boots but at least they got here eventually. If you order them individually would you still have to pay the customs charge?
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    JimNastics wrote:
    i_luv_pies wrote:

Thanks

Paul

I paid an extra £11.06 for the Shebu and O2 boots but at least they got here eventually. If you order them individually would you still have to pay the customs charge?
    people in UK said they didnt..if u do it one by one
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    JimNastics wrote:
    i_luv_pies wrote:

Thanks

Paul

people in UK say they didnt pay
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,982

pjToronto09b.jpg

pjToronto09a.jpg

:)
  • Options
    Kufala wrote:
    KUFALA

I ordered Manchester and O2 on Nov 7th, just came on here to see why it was taking so long so it's good to know this is a known issue. I'll let you know if they turn up by December 5th.
    amongstthewav.es
    2006 - Leeds Festival
    2007 - London
    2009 - Manchester / London
    2010 - Berlin
    2012 - Manchester I / Manchester II / EV Manchester
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Mine finally arrived today after paying the extra £12 customs charge.. :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :wave: :wave:
    put them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    UKDave wrote:
    :thumbup: :clap::clap::clap: :wave: :wave:
    put them on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Managed to listen to SBE, Berlin and Manchester already (alternative source ;) ) O2 will be on my journey tomorrow... just got little one of to sleep so won't get chance tonight... :roll:
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...