Options

Australia/New Zealand tour

Comments

• Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Raiden wrote:

Attention 10 Club: See what happens to us when you dont give us the damn pre-sale details!!! Help us...

Raiden, I'm like this all the time....regardless of pre-sale details! :shock: :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    edited August 2009
    Raiden wrote:
    Yes it was back in 2005. If what you are saying is true, I would never have donated money. You would think if the place is run by a monk they would want to protect animals but I guess you never know hey. I mean priests do bad shit all the time....

Might do some more investigation on this topic I think...

It is a scam and a travesty. One of hundreds of big cat scams around the world and who suffers - the cats.

See my links above and look around the internet. Big cats shouldn't be kept in captivity anyway, but especially in places like that.

Elephants in Thailand are in the same boat - used, abused, tortured and deprived of all that is natural to them. You'd think it would be obvious to people: an animal that naturally lives a solitary life in a forest is kept in a bare and barren enclosure with tens of other tigers, no stimulation, and obviously drugged out all the time so that people can get a precious photo with them. Insanity.

There are organisations trying to stop these things from going on, but the more tourists go and give money to the animal abusers, the worse it gets.

People need to investigate before they go on holiday.

There is also a facebook group for the cause:
    http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=tiger+t ... ref=search
    Post edited by LongRoad on
  • Options
    Random_WookieRandom_Wookie Posts: 1,097
    LongRoad wrote:
    Raiden wrote:
    Yes it was back in 2005. If what you are saying is true, I would never have donated money. You would think if the place is run by a monk they would want to protect animals but I guess you never know hey. I mean priests do bad shit all the time....

It is a scam and a travesty. One of hundreds of big cat scams around the world and who suffers - the cats.

See my links above and look around the internet. Big cats shouldn't be kept in captivity anyway, but especially in places like that.

Elephants in Thailand are in the same boat - used, abused, tortured and deprived of all that is natural to them. You'd think it would be obvious to people: an animal that naturally lives a solitary life in a forest is kept in a bare and barren enclosure with tens of other tigers, no stimulation, and obviously drugged out all the time so that people can get a precious photo with them. Insanity.

There are organisations trying to stop these things from going on, but the more tourists go and give money to the animal abusers, the worse it gets.

thats why you should always do some research and if you can not find any then you must make a judgement call, and sometimes it can be wrong as with this example
    Rod Laver Arena - Feb 18, 2003
    Rod Laver Arena - Nov 13, 2006
    Adelaide Oval - Nov 17, 2009
    Etihad Stadium - Nov 20, 2009
    BDO Melbourne - Jan 24, 2014
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    «¤tîg®ê§§¤»«¤tîg®ê§§¤» Posts: 5,137
    edited August 2009
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137
    LongRoad wrote:
    Raiden wrote:

Fuckers....I love animals and this shit pisses me off. I will have to donate more to the Animal Welfare League now as I feel bad that I have supported this in some way.
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I have no idea what that site actually is, i just found it now and linked to it as it seemed they were reporting on the problems there. Scrap that then!! :x

Check out the facebook group instead:
    Tiger Temple Thailand - Kanchanaburi - Join Now to help save these animals
    Post edited by LongRoad on
  • Options
    Raiden wrote:
    LongRoad wrote:
    Raiden wrote:

Fuckers....I love animals and this shit pisses me off. I will have to donate more to the Animal Welfare League now as I feel bad that I have supported this in some way.

Why not donate to real organisations who are trying to save wild tigers, not breed them in captivity for profit:
    http://www.savethetigerfund.org
  • Options
    Raiden wrote:
    I mean priests do bad shit all the time....
    Some Priests do some amazing things, too ;) :P 8-)
  • Options
    Raiden wrote:

BAHAHAHAHAHAH! :D
  • Options
    preists doing amazing things? like what?
    thats going to make me chuckle for the rest of the day
    New York - May 02 - 2016

Powered by Pearl Jam
  • Options
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Raiden wrote:

BAHAHAHAHAHAH! :D
    ;);) eh eh :P Reow!
  • Options
    LongRoad wrote:
    I shall do some researching later on..... but this paragraph taken from the Nat Geo finding from the Temple.

No Confirmation

As for illegal trade, Samart said "there is no confirmation that the temple has been concerned in the dealing of tigers."

I do not tolerate any animal cruelty of any kind.... but I have to see the proof first. SHall be looking at all the links from that facebook page this arvo.

Anyway, before a sticky gets locked ...... did anyone get a email from 10C yet? bout tix? pre-sale? GA? 8-)
  • Options
    Even if they aren't dealing in parts (but it is highly suspected that they are), the abuse is enough to warrant a boycott and action against them.

As for emails.... i think you know the answer to that :lol:
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    edited August 2009
    My man is a Reverand Father......and besides the amazing things he does for me ;) If I could be bothered, I could talk for days on all the fantastic things he does for the homeless etc etc etc.
    He's certainly not ur stereo typical priest. Tattoo'd from head to toe, swears more than anyone I know - he's one of the Priests that are there to kick the churches up the bum! LOL! He's a Jesuit.
    Post edited by ozsmalltowngirl on
  • Options
    RaidenRaiden Posts: 137

Weird hey...I remember the Fiona from NZ mentioned in the above link and she seemed really genuine. Would seem strange her supporting something if it was supposedly that bad.

Hard to know what to think as the tigers in the wild are being hunted to extinction so (good) sanctuaries are almost the last hope.

Who knows what to believe as many probably have hidden agenda's behind what is reported.
  • Options
    Dr ChronoDr Chrono Posts: 129
    Went to lunch and this thread grew by like 4 pages :D

Oh well back to hitting F5 on my keyboard in this thread... I mean back to work :lol:
  • Options
    Dr Chrono wrote:

Oh well back to hitting F5 on my keyboard in this thread... I mean back to work :lol:

Has 10C emailed you about F5??
  • Options
    My man is a Reverand Father......and besides the amazing things he does for me ;) If I could be bothered, I could talk for days on all the fantastic things he does for the homeless etc etc etc.
    He's certainly not ur stereo typical priest. Tattoo'd from head to toe, swears more than anyone I know - he's one of the Priests that are there to kick the churches up the bum! LOL! He's a Jesuit.

Hell yeah.....most of them do A LOT.....yet a few bad ones are what is always focused on. :|
  • Options
    Dr Chrono wrote:

Has 10C emailed you about F5??
    OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o:o

Now I'm freaking out!!!!!!!!!! I never got any email about F5 from 10C.
    FUCK! I'd better email them - STAT!!! :shock:
  • Options

thats great I should probablly stop focusing on the bad ones which is usually the only ones that get noticed and actually be thankful that their are people like your fella that do wonderfull things for the cominity at large.
    New York - May 02 - 2016