Philly Halloween Show Update

Comments

• ItsOK921ItsOK921 Posts: 169
    How come every Halloween show thread winds up talking about the Phillies? ...and then it ends and another thread starts. Look how many 10/31 threads there are. Dont get me wrong I would LOVE the Phillies to go to the World Series again, BUT i come on her 50 times a day hoping for PJ updates and that damn show to be announced already!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,992
    ItsOK921 wrote:
    How come every Halloween show thread winds up talking about the Phillies? ...and then it ends and another thread starts. Look how many 10/31 threads there are. Dont get me wrong I would LOVE the Phillies to go to the World Series again, BUT i come on her 50 times a day hoping for PJ updates and that damn show to be announced already!

It's an icebreaker. The point being - let's quit holding our breath. I'm sure it'll be announced, but everyone's just needs to calm. You're all being very undude-like. Nothing is fucked here.
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    wtf is halladay?
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    wtf is halladay?

He is a pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays. There are rumors that he might be traded to Philadephia.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    wtf is halladay?

He is a pitcher for the Toronto Blue Jays. There are rumors that he might be traded to Philadephia.

oh, right on...for a second there i thought that was how they pronounced holiday in boston...
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    wtf is halladay?

oh, right on...for a second there i thought that was how they pronounced holiday in boston...
    :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • The whole trick or treat thing is ridiculous...Ed's a rock star! his kids aren't going to be going from door to door...shit..Halloween isn't what it used to be like when i was a kid...now a days it's safer to go to a party at someones house...rock stars don't lead "normal" lives and a Halloween show is just more money he will be able to leave to his kids...and that's what enables him to go surfing while we are all slaving away at work! :mrgreen:

Philly's? don't worry about that...you won't be in the WS so you won't have to make that tough decision. :mrgreen:

and who the fuck picks a baseball game over a Pearl jam concert? seriously!! i love my Red Sox but there is no fucking way i would rather go see them in ANY game rather than go see PJ Live!! music is much more important than sports!
  • so the thread title is philly show update and there are tons of replies. is there an actual update or is it all still just speculation?
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    music is much more important than sports!

Ding ding ding!! Winner of the most inaccurate comment of the day award!!

PS - Love King Crimson. 8-)
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    The whole trick or treat thing is ridiculous...Ed's a rock star! his kids aren't going to be going from door to door...shit..Halloween isn't what it used to be like when i was a kid...now a days it's safer to go to a party at someones house...rock stars don't lead "normal" lives and a Halloween show is just more money he will be able to leave to his kids...and that's what enables him to go surfing while we are all slaving away at work! :mrgreen:

Philly's? don't worry about that...you won't be in the WS so you won't have to make that tough decision. :mrgreen:

and who the fuck picks a baseball game over a Pearl jam concert? seriously!! i love my Red Sox but there is no fucking way i would rather go see them in ANY game rather than go see PJ Live!! music is much more important than sports!

ya know...i was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say it. tho i will say, even w/o trick or treating, he could very well desire simply BEING with his children on the holiday, see them get dressed up in costumes, etc. then again, they are certainly young enough to still travel, come to philly, bring costumes, have their own party there...whatever. bottomline, we just will not know, definitively, why or why not the BAND, it ain't just ed ya know, chooses to do this show......or not.

as to the sports, i'll leave you all to it....don't know, don't care! :P
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    you never know what father and his 2 kids will come dressed up and trick or treat at the Wishlist Pre Party fundraiser! I think my jaw would break hitting the ground
  • music is much more important than sports!

sorry dude but it's no contest...if we took a poll i bet you'd lose by a landslide!
  • gonzogonzo Posts: 748

sorry dude but it's no contest...if we took a poll i bet you'd lose by a landslide!

i'm in for music.
    peace,
    gonzo
    4/10/94, 9/28/96, 9/29/96, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/01/04, 9/15/05, 9/30/05, 10/01/05, 5/4/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/19/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/31/09, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/15/13, 10/18/13, 10/19/13, 10/25/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 5/1/16, 5/2/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 4/7/17, 8/8/18, 8/10/18, 9/10/22, 9/11/22
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    yeah, i dont buy the trick or treating thing. Ed didnt know that 10/31 was Halloween when they were asked "hey, how would you like to close down the Spectrum on 10/31?" please.

people are just over-thinking it, IMO. we're getting cabin-fever in this thread.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale

I would lose? How do I lose? I love music. Popular opinion doesn't make it a fact, dude.

It's just an ignorant statement.
    non-entity wrote:
    people are just over-thinking it, IMO. we're getting cabin-fever in this thread.

Thank a-you. People need to go find a shady tree, sit beneath it, and smoke a fatty because this is getting ridiculous. Everyone here I'm sure has enough of a tap on the pulse of all things PJ where there doesn't need to be a ton of updates. So there. And we wait....
  • I would lose? How do I lose? I love music. Popular opinion doesn't make it a fact, dude.

ummm...to say most people would choose music over sports is not ignorant at all....if there was never another game played of any kind on this planet i could make it through life just fine...but to never have music..i'd rather die!
    i'd rather die!

What are you waiting for? :mrgreen: Anyway, carry on...
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,602
    you never know what father and his 2 kids will come dressed up and trick or treat at the Wishlist Pre Party fundraiser! I think my jaw would break hitting the ground

I would so love to do the Wishlist Foundation PreParty Fundraiser on Halloween. I love kids and seeing their cool customes, handing them treats, getting that sweet smile but's a warm feeling in your heart. Believe me. I live next to 3 elementary & junior high school. We get hundreds of kid's that pass by our house for trick or treat. It's fun! :)

If we do get that chance for Halloween, I'll buy dozens & dozen's of kick ass treats. Even surprise bag's for them. Kinda hope that if this show does happen, it would be sweet that Pearl Jam started like this surprise gift to the fan's. The best custome in the centre, 20 fan's would get a chance to be on stage for the last song or something.

Ok, back to work. Think I had way to much Green Tea jam's today! :shock:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
    Yeah folks back to topic the hell with WS talk we are so far from that ,it sure seems like this show won't happen at the moment and hwere are those people who said they had reserved those expensive boxes :?: .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • i'd rather die!

:evil: :evil: that's not funny asshole...... :lol::lol: ok..where is that fatty you were talking about...this waiting IS driving me fucking mad!!
  • Yeah folks back to topic the hell with WS talk we are so far from that ,it sure seems like this show won't happen at the moment and hwere are those people who said they had reserved those expensive boxes :?: .....

they were sold in case the show rolled over. if it doesn't happen, they'll get refunds.
    If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
    Yeah folks back to topic the hell with WS talk we are so far from that ,it sure seems like this show won't happen at the moment and hwere are those people who said they had reserved those expensive boxes :?: .....

I'm totally confused about that, too. Many have already bought skybox seat's to the Saturday October 31st show, while we here all wait & fall in manic depression about these ticket's.
  • benjsbenjs Posts: 9,103
    I would lose? How do I lose? I love music. Popular opinion doesn't make it a fact, dude.

ummm...to say most people would choose music over sports is not ignorant at all....if there was never another game played of any kind on this planet i could make it through life just fine...but to never have music..i'd rather die!
    +1. No music in life? I'd sacrifice my soul first!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    i'd rather die!

:evil: :evil: that's not funny asshole...... :lol::lol: ok..where is that fatty you were talking about...this waiting IS driving me fucking mad!!

EXACTLY. Everyone needs to just go....bowlin, or something. Anything but be here. Enough with the Spectrum 31st threads. If you wanna talk about how awesome Philadelphia is though, by all means, go right ahead. Remember - you can't fix awesome. 8-)
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    10,000 views, holy sh!t.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    If you wanna talk about how awesome Philadelphia is though, by all means, go right ahead.

So Philly is really awesome! Cool!
    When i'm in the city that week, I want to check out some cool art museums.
    Anybody know of any, close to the Spectrum (well, within distance).
    Thanks! :)
  • EXACTLY. Everyone needs to just go....bowlin, or something. Anything but be here. Enough with the Spectrum 31st threads. If you wanna talk about how awesome Philadelphia is though, by all means, go right ahead. Remember - you can't fix awesome. 8-)

this is my first time coming to Philly so i'm pretty excited...cheese steaks and Pearl Jam! woohoo!
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,343
    demetrios wrote:
    If you wanna talk about how awesome Philadelphia is though, by all means, go right ahead.

So Philly is really awesome! Cool!
    When i'm in the city that week, I want to check out some cool art museums.
    Anybody know of any, close to the Spectrum (well, within distance).
    Thanks! :)

The Philadelphia Museum of Art is great, downtown.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Ryan_WFC wrote:
    Oh, absolutely. Honestly, I don't know what I would do.

I don't either. Seeing PJ on 10/28 and 10/30 (and maybe even 10/27) would soften the blow, obviously, but it would be hard to not be at the final Spectrum show.

I'd probably try to trade my Game 3 tickets for Game 4 or 5. I traded Game 4 for Game 5 last year and it worked out OK... :mrgreen:

Phils will be down 2-0 to the Yanks at that point... so its going to be a big game... from a Philthies fan's perspective at least.
    Camden - 5/28/06; Camden - 6/20/08; MSG - 6/25/08; Newark - (Ed Solo) 8/7/08; Philly - (Ed Solo) 6/12/09; Philly - 10/30/09; Philly - 10/31/09; Newark - 5/18/10; MSG - 5/20/10; MSG - 5/21/10