Philly Halloween Show Update

Comments

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    I still think they were waiting for the London club show and all the issues with that to be done with. Maybe a tweet today and sale next week. I assume the Aussie/Kiwi dates are getting announced soon. I would think if there are any more US dates, they should be comming out within the next week or two.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder Posts: 9,118
    well, the good news is 10/31 is over 3 months away so there is time for things to be announced.

the bad news is 10/31 is over 3 months away and that means 3+ months of me refreshing the tix link every minute of every hour of every day, coming to this forum and refreshing all day long for an announcement from Tim, and 3+ months of the possibility of me going insane by then...

its the best life we ever lived!
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Maybe we'll get a tweet today?
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,343
    I don't think the delay has to do with the London show so much as all the other Spectrum shows -- the Spectrum may want to sell out the Springsteen shows (of which I'm hearing there could be four, and go on sale Monday) before they announce and promote the 10/31 PJ show.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,592
    HOpefully, this announcement wont be made for a few weeks.

I wont be able to get to a computer next week!! :(
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • A tweet today, of any sort at this point, would be awesome. My faith, sanity and overall personal well-being are rapidly waning however.

I really can't take another week of this. For that matter, neither can my boss.
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    I'm not holding my breath on a tweet, as I believe the ball is in the Spectrum's court.
  • The Halloween/last Spectrum show won't be a PJ headlined event.

They'll be on a bigger bill with Bruce and some others, all headliners on their own. With that being the case I'd say there's some chance we wouldn't get a presale at all. And if we did, it would probably be a lottery for the chance to buy seats and then not necessarily the best seats.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    The Halloween/last Spectrum show won't be a PJ headlined event.

They'll be on a bigger bill with Bruce and some others, all headliners on their own. With that being the case I'd say there's some chance we wouldn't get a presale at all. And if we did, it would probably be a lottery for the chance to buy seats and then not necessarily the best seats.

source?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977

interesting......at this point, i think and believe just about anything is possible!
    just can't wait to KNOW though. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    non-entity wrote:

source?
    I tihnk thats just 'yet another rumor.' Didnt they already sell the box seats for 10/31, or did they just give the (higher) pricing for it out?
  • non-entity wrote:

source?
    If I told you I'd have to kill me!
    I'm not buying Bruce on 10/31. He already said the April show was 'one last time' at the Spectrum and is now already playing at least two (and maybe four) shows that are being billed as his "farewell Spectrum" shows in mid-October. He's gonna burn the fans, again, by coming back to play a show two weeks later?
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    well, the good news is 10/31 is over 3 months away so there is time for things to be announced.

the bad news is 10/31 is over 3 months away and that means 3+ months of me refreshing the tix link every minute of every hour of every day, coming to this forum and refreshing all day long for an announcement from Tim, and 3+ months of the possibility of me going insane by then...

its the best life we ever lived!

:lol: Dude, you're just going there??? LOL! I have been signing in from my cell phone every 30 minutes just to see if anything has changed.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• I believe it. And I'll be there if I can be but I'm not holding my breath for tix!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • cableguy119cableguy119 Posts: 114
    Time for me to say something really unpopular...
    My theory is that the 10/31 show won't happen. Eddie may fly back to washington saturday morning to see his kids treat or treating. After how he was at his solo Thurs night tower show which was his daughter's birthday (he mentioned it during show) he seemed really bummed out he wasn't there for it. Life's events happen and I couldn't blame them for wanting to be there for their kids events like halloween, first day of school, etc. We all have life's events that we should be there for them the band is no different. Just a theory though. Hey we got 2 shows and that is not bad at all... If it happens great, if it doesn't it isn't the end of the world.
    So many amazing shows! Thank you.
  • madkins7madkins7 Posts: 29
    I am joining the ain't going to happen side...
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I think the further we get from the original announcement, the less likely. I think we would have heard something by now. Could be wrong. Just a guess.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,451
    the further we get from it the more I think it won't be a PJ only show and maybe not even a 10C show. I think a show on 10/31 is going to happen but I'm wondering if it will be some kind of combined show with different groups included and no 10C seating.
  • Time for me to say something really unpopular...
    My theory is that the 10/31 show won't happen. Eddie may fly back to washington saturday morning to see his kids treat or treating. After how he was at his solo Thurs night tower show which was his daughter's birthday (he mentioned it during show) he seemed really bummed out he wasn't there for it. Life's events happen and I couldn't blame them for wanting to be there for their kids events like halloween, first day of school, etc. We all have life's events that we should be there for them the band is no different. Just a theory though. Hey we got 2 shows and that is not bad at all... If it happens great, if it doesn't it isn't the end of the world.
    Well said. You've given the selfish fan in all of us some valuable perspective.
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    I think it's going to happen, but there will be no 10club presale. They've done that before with added shows.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    pjhawks wrote:
    the further we get from it the more I think it won't be a PJ only show and maybe not even a 10C show. I think a show on 10/31 is going to happen but I'm wondering if it will be some kind of combined show with different groups included and no 10C seating.

That's about the only theory I'm left believing and think it's still a slim/none chance and slim is leaving the station.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,992
    Was it not announced that Pearl Jam would be the last group to play the Spectrum? And have people not spoken with Comcast/Spectrum rep.'s regarding the 31st and being confirmed? These two answers are why I believe this show is going to happen. I just think people are going nuts holding their breath. Between this Halloween show and Halladay practically being talked about everyday in this city as if he's already a Phillie, I'm going to explode. So let's all just Donna Summers.
  • logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    Throw us a bone!
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,451
    Was it not announced that Pearl Jam would be the last group to play the Spectrum? And have people not spoken with Comcast/Spectrum rep.'s regarding the 31st and being confirmed? These two answers are why I believe this show is going to happen. I just think people are going nuts holding their breath. Between this Halloween show and Halladay practically being talked about everyday in this city as if he's already a Phillie, I'm going to explode. So let's all just Donna Summers.

if I had to chose I'd chose Halladay over a PJ 10/31 concert - but that's just me. Hell if we get Halladay not sure I'd go to 10/31 show anyway because we'd be in game 3 of the world series at Citizens Bank Park that night.
    pjhawks wrote:

if I had to chose I'd chose Halladay over a PJ 10/31 concert - but that's just me. Hell if we get Halladay not sure I'd go to 10/31 show anyway because we'd be in game 3 of the world series at Citizens Bank Park that night.

Oh, absolutely. Honestly, I don't know what I would do.

I don't either. Seeing PJ on 10/28 and 10/30 (and maybe even 10/27) would soften the blow, obviously, but it would be hard to not be at the final Spectrum show.

I'd probably try to trade my Game 3 tickets for Game 4 or 5. I traded Game 4 for Game 5 last year and it worked out OK... :mrgreen:
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I think it's going to happen, but there will be no 10club presale. They've done that before with added shows.
    :shock: :cry:
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    Ryan_WFC wrote:

I don't either. Seeing PJ on 10/28 and 10/30 (and maybe even 10/27) would soften the blow, obviously, but it would be hard to not be at the final Spectrum show.

I'd probably try to trade my Game 3 tickets for Game 4 or 5. I traded Game 4 for Game 5 last year and it worked out OK... :mrgreen:

Yeah, I have a season package as well. And, I hate using this excuse because I sound like a snob but being at game 5 last year - nothing can top that. So missing game 3 for the last show at the Spectrum being PJ is a very tough call - as much of a douche as I sound.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    No shot I would go to Pearl Jam if the Yanks were playing in the World Series. I would possibly upgrade to a CB with a TV so I could multi-task.

Holliday to the Cards. They are going to be tough. 3 pitchers with an ERA under 3.1 and a 3-4 of Holliday-Pujols. That is a pretty solid team.