Philly Halloween Show Update

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    crazygeo wrote:
    NO HALLOWEEN SHOW....

it's all rumor for now....
    yeah I know joes sisters cousins nephews uncles third cousin said he works for the tix agency and there we be a show tues/sat/and everyday the following week....

give up until it happens people...wow five pages of posts

so youre telling us to give up on a show everyone knows is happening, yet you start a thread asking about what the latest rumors are?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104120
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    non-entity wrote:
    crazygeo wrote:
    NO HALLOWEEN SHOW....

yeah I know joes sisters cousins nephews uncles third cousin said he works for the tix agency and there we be a show tues/sat/and everyday the following week....

so youre telling us to give up on a show everyone knows is happening, yet you start a thread asking about what the latest rumors are?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104120
    haha, I was going to post the same thing :lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    Solat13 wrote:
    crazygeo wrote:
    NO HALLOWEEN SHOW....

This negativity just makes us stronger, we will not retreat. ;)

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

waiting, hoping, wishing.....
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• rwmartin71rwmartin71 Posts: 24
    If it happens, Great. If not, life goes on. Time to put this one to bed.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,597
    rwmartin71 wrote:
    If it happens, Great. If not, life goes on. Time to put this one to bed.

But i'm still wide awake! :cry:
  • rwmartin71rwmartin71 Posts: 24
    What I really want to know is should I book Hotel for one night or two?
  • Tremor-ChrisTremor-Chris Posts: 233
    I bet we don't get an announcement for at least a week. I was still able to pull up single tickets for both shows and I'm sure Comcasttix will try to squeeze out every possible cent they can before another show is officially announced. I know everyone wants to hear something (including me), but don't forget the shows are still about THREE months away, there is plenty of time to add another one.... or two

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,597
    I know everyone wants to hear something (including me), but don't forget the shows are still about THREE months away, there is plenty of time to add another one.... or two.

Yes, but what about those fans that are trying to book flight's, hotel stay, work, life (i think) around this? Just a simple "yes, if there is a 3rd night, 10club will let everybody know before they go on sale!" If it's an 'out of the park' right this sec, surprise style 'they are on sale NOW!' type of thing like Toronto & Chicago, it's mindblowing. While you're at the grocery's picking up a fruits & vegetables to later come home to find out those 10club ticket's went on sale and are all sold out, you faint & the panic attack begins! :shock:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,283
    It seems like some days this rumor has alot of steam and then the next it feels like its dying i really can't tell anymore it seems very dim at the moment .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    demetrios wrote:
    Yes, but what about those fans that are trying to book flight's, hotel stay, work, life (i think) around this? Just a simple "yes, if there is a 3rd night, 10club will let everybody know before they go on sale!"

I know it sucks for a lot of people including me. I'd rather put in my time off for work now, and get everything booked and out of the way. But in my opinion 10c is usually pretty good about getting us fans the information as soon as they can. I'm sure it's much more complicated then Pearl Jam telling the venue they want another show and it automatically getting added.

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.
  • I bet we don't get an announcement for at least a week. I was still able to pull up single tickets for both shows and I'm sure Comcasttix will try to squeeze out every possible cent they can before another show is officially announced. I know everyone wants to hear something (including me), but don't forget the shows are still about THREE months away, there is plenty of time to add another one.... or two

-Chris

Right. It would just be nice to know whether they are going to announce it at some point or not. Or even better, a lot of us would like to know what the process will be once the show is confirmed. Will they just have the tix for sale when the announcement goes up (like Chicago), or will we get an announcement saying that the tix will go on sale in __ # of days?

This would just be nice info so we don't need to keep hanging around the boards 24/7. I find myself here all day because I'm afraid they'll announce the show(s) and tickets will go up immediately. If I knew for certain that I would have at least 24 hours between an announcement and a pre-sale I wouldn't be worried. In my opinion they set a bad precedent by doing this for the Chicago show, so now we don't know what they'll do.

An announcement telling us how it WOULD work if and when the shows are announced would be super. Just sayin...
    5/28/06 - Camden, NJ
    5/30/06 - Washington, DC
    6/22/08 - Washington, DC
    10/31/09 - Philadelphia, PA
    8/5/16 - Fenway Park
    Temple of the Dog - 11/5/2016 - Philadelphia, PA
    7/1/2018 - Prague
    7/3/2018 - Kraków
    7/5/2018 - Berlin
    I find myself here all day because I'm afraid they'll announce the show(s) and tickets will go up immediately.

I'm in the exact same boat. I've spent all day here since the a couple days before tickets went on sale for the first show.

-Chris
  • LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    Don't forget though, we had a tweet for the Toronto and Chicago shows, so we had some notice, we just didn't know the tickets would be for sale right when the announcement happened. To just throw tickets up for Philly 3 with no announcement or tweet is a different ballgame all together.
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    rwmartin71 wrote:
    What I really want to know is should I book Hotel for one night or two?

That's what I'm trying to figure out too.... plus, I'm trying to work on a hotel group rate without knowing the exact dates...

whine.... whine.... ha.... ;)
    wishlistfoundation.org
    gotta think we'll hear about this from a source other than 10C, as has become the norm. the only place I can think of that would be likely to report on an added show would be Comcast or WMMR.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    That's what I'm saying announce it or at least tell us it is a definite no go. Last year I flew from Michigan to Florida to see 2 shows and I saw Eddie in Chicago, this is how I plan my vacations from work. I missed out on the 10c tickets for the 30th (although I did score 300 level for the show). That's why I hate when compare PJ to the Grateful Dead, everyone knows hippies don't have jobs, they could follow the band no matter when they played.

Put in some Slayer break up the Jamfest and let us know what's going on.
  • I got screwed out of 10C presale AND the Comcast sale. I would just really like to know whether to hold off for 10/31 or start thinking about dealing out mucho $ for the Fri show.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,855
    I got screwed out of 10C presale AND the Comcast sale. I would just really like to know whether to hold off for 10/31 or start thinking about dealing out mucho $ for the Fri show.

there's still tickets for the Wednesday Philly show on Comcasttix.com
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    I got screwed out of 10C presale AND the Comcast sale. I would just really like to know whether to hold off for 10/31 or start thinking about dealing out mucho $ for the Fri show.

looks like only 2 sections left in 400s...
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Has anybody called the Spectrum within the past few days?

How about all of the people with box seats already booked? Are your credit cards charged, anything change, etc...
  • I got screwed out of 10C presale AND the Comcast sale. I would just really like to know whether to hold off for 10/31 or start thinking about dealing out mucho $ for the Fri show.

Unfortunately, I'm burning ALL my vacation time to go to Ireland at the start of Oct. Any shows I hit are gonna have to be weekends, otherwise I'd be all over Wed's show.
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    I know people don't want to hear about what people's relatives employed by Comcast have to say but since my sister gave me accurate information about the Spectrum dates a few months back, I figure I'd pass this along.

She tells me that the 10/31 show is definitely a go. It's in their official calendar and the premium sales staff already has their prices for boxes/packages/etc. Box office employees are the last to know about these kinds of things and, for what it's worth, are told not to confirm dates until they are officially announced.

Like I said when I told you guys that the dates were definitely at the end of October - choose to believe it or not, but I'm keeping the money for the onsale available. :)
  • 8-) BLESS ur Big red Beatin heart!!....I guess ill be pearl jam lurkin at work tomorrow, the hell with IT services! (at least until after i check the website 2,3 times dont wanna get fired :roll: ) Halloween's got my hopes up :)
    hinx wrote:
    She tells me that the 10/31 show is definitely a go. It's in their official calendar and the premium sales staff already has their prices for boxes/packages/etc. Box office employees are the last to know about these kinds of things and, for what it's worth, are told not to confirm dates until they are officially announced.

thanks Hinx. I am convinced that this show is happening. too much smoke for there to not be fire. but I really want to know is when the 10C pre-sale will be so I can plan for it.
  • zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
    so this info is from a few months back?
  • hinxhinx Posts: 416
    zappa99 wrote:

No, I asked her last week about the halloween show. A few months back she told me about the Spectrum shows being confirmed for late October, info that I shared here.
    non-entity wrote:
    thanks Hinx.

No problem :D I love having her insider info, haha.
  • october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    hinx wrote:
    zappa99 wrote:

No, I asked her last week about the halloween show. A few months back she told me about the Spectrum shows being confirmed for late October, info that I shared here.
    non-entity wrote:
    thanks Hinx.

No problem :D I love having her insider info, haha.

Yeah, thanks a lot Hinx. I'm out there with my ear to the ground doing the hard-line investigating and everyone takes me for a hack. Then you come along with your family connects and steal my thunder. Whatever...
  • michaelomichaelo Posts: 70
    non-entity wrote:
    gotta think we'll hear about this from a source other than 10C, as has become the norm. the only place I can think of that would be likely to report on an added show would be Comcast or WMMR.

WMMR sent out an insider newsletter yesterday saying the 30th was the last show at the Spectrum. They have a contest for Bruce and PJ tickets.
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,908
    non-entity wrote:
    hinx wrote:

thanks Hinx. I am convinced that this show is happening. too much smoke for there to not be fire. but I really want to know is when the 10C pre-sale will be so I can plan for it.

i think we all believed a show could/would happen as the venue made no secret of the fact the band reserved a bunch of dates and it was the venue's impression that the band would make use of each of those dates. however, the longer this drags out, the less likely another show will be added. stranger things have happened, though,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore