Options

@@@@@@Milwaukee Eddie Vedder Pre-Party Tuesday August 19th@@@@@@

Comments

• Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    BTW......

LET'S GO CUBBIES!!! LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!!! LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!!!

Sabathia = FTL!!!!!! :)

Round one goes to your Cubs.

I just got back from the game. Fun time for the most part. :D
    Speaking of charity, we have decided that Play Alpine shirts sold at the pre-party will be sold at a higher price so that a donation can be made to the Wishlist Foundation per each shirt sold. Any shirts pre-ordered and pre-paid will be sold for the original price we stated.

Sounds good. :)
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    Where are all the shirt orders, apparently we have only one pre-paid for. There seemed to be a lot more interest in the shirts than that. We need to make this happen, this is a great idea and I would hate to see it go by the Other Side, I mean the wayside!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Has anyone heard that EV is going to be in Milwaukee? August 19th!

FYI
    Cubs 7 Brewers 1
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    CUBS = FTMFW!!!!!

BREWERS = FTL!!!!!

You guys are in trouble if Sabathia and Sheets can't get it done. The rotation round the bases in the 6th did wonders for us though. LOL :)
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    Pearl Jam_iePearl Jam_ie Posts: 821
    Is anybody that is going to the pre-party got the Bonnaroo or Hartford bootlegs? I like to get em, but I'm on the verge of being cashed out. If someone could burn me a copy, I'd be more than happy to trade shows. From this tour I have Tampa, Columbia, MSG 1, and Mansfield 2. Thanks!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    CUBS = FTMFW!!!!!

BREWERS = FTL!!!!!

You guys are in trouble if Sabathia and Sheets can't get it done. The rotation round the bases in the 6th did wonders for us though. LOL :)

Ok yea the Brewers are sucking. Um back to the Ed show in Milwaukee people. :)
  • Options
    Bump :)
  • Options
    Some cool donations are on the way. More news about that soon to come. :D

Also the party got a plug this morning on a local Milwaukee morning t.v. show from Amy. :D

http://www.themorningblend.com/NewsArticle/tabid/1474/xmid/23961/Default.aspx
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Also the party got a plug this morning on a local Milwaukee morning t.v. show from Amy. :D

http://www.themorningblend.com/NewsArticle/tabid/1474/xmid/23961/Default.aspx[/quote]

nice!
  • Options

http://www.themorningblend.com/NewsArticle/tabid/1474/xmid/23961/Default.aspx

nice![/quote]

I totally forgot to watch it this morning. But I was sent the link this afternoon. :)
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Ok yea the Brewers are sucking. Um back to the Ed show in Milwaukee people. :)

Get out the broom bitches!!!! LOL Sorry, I can't help myself here.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options

Yea I dont blame you. But we have threads for this talk over in AET. :D
  • Options
    gettingrightgettingright Posts: 550
    hi. i am looking to get some tickets to the brewers/astros game on monday the 18th. does anyone have 2 seats (together) in the infield boxes they would like to sell and/or trade for a poster (like the 06 klausen chicago).

thanks
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    can you say S W E E P
    ;)

sorry, i HAD to
    :p
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    can you say S W E E P
    ;)

sorry, i HAD to

Take it over to AET thread young lady. :)

Sure now you come out and say something. LOL

See you in a few weeks. :D
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    Take it over to AET thread young lady. :)

Sure now you come out and say something. LOL

See you in a few weeks. :D
    i've been busy
    and since i seldom go to the AET i had to put it here where i KNEW you would see it
    cant wait for the 19th!!!!!
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    i've been busy
    and since i seldom go to the AET i had to put it here where i KNEW you would see it
    cant wait for the 19th!!!!!

Well you should check out AET sometime.

And yup I saw it. But hey there is alot of baseball left. :)

Oh we have some cool non PJ items being added to the raffle and silent auction. Details to come soon. :D

But always looking for more PJ stuff too. :)
  • Options
    Bump...18 more days!
    "In certain trying circumstances...profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain
  • Options
    Hello to everyone going to the Milw-Ed Vedder show. I'm going to post a link that covers the area closest to the Riverside. As Patrickredeyes wrote, Mo's Tavern is 177 ft away. So, all parking is close to both locations.

The site is very user friendly. You can click N/S/W/E if you want to print some other parking locations. It's just like mapquest. Also, the site lists color icons showing parking lots, facilities, and actual destinations.

Riverside Theatre - 116 W Wisconsin Ave

Mo's Irish Tavern - 142 W Wisconsin Ave

http://www.parkmilwaukee.com/parking/zone.cfm?zoneid=4

Patrick, please cut/copy and paste to the firs tpost of this thread. Or, whatever works best. It's Aug 1st, tour starts tonight and counting down the days until the 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    Hello to everyone going to the Milw-Ed Vedder show. I'm going to post a link that covers the area closest to the Riverside. As Patrickredeyes wrote, Mo's Tavern is 177 ft away. So, all parking is close to both locations.

The site is very user friendly. You can click N/S/W/E if you want to print some other parking locations. It's just like mapquest. Also, the site lists color icons showing parking lots, facilities, and actual destinations.

Riverside Theatre - 116 W Wisconsin Ave

Mo's Irish Tavern - 142 W Wisconsin Ave

http://www.parkmilwaukee.com/parking/zone.cfm?zoneid=4

Patrick, please cut/copy and paste to the firs tpost of this thread. Or, whatever works best. It's Aug 1st, tour starts tonight and counting down the days until the 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!

All done. :D
  • Options
    Alpine T-Shirts are ordered.......:)

Bring on Milwaukee
  • Options
    Hey PAtrick, I'll count the steps from Mo's to the Riverside, but if you or anyone sneaks up behind me and start yelling out random numbers, make me lose my count.....I'll be forced to start all over...........
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    Alpine T-Shirts are ordered.......:)

Bring on Milwaukee

Nice and Thank You.

• Options
    How can we all do our part in spreading the word to the showgoers in Milwaukee to behave. Lets be the crowd that we and Eddie can be proud of, not like all the other drunken douchebag crowds that we have read about so far. I will definitely have my buzz on but at the same time will be respectful to Ed and all others that are there to see an amazing show. There seems to be less than fifty of us on the board going so that is a far cry from 2300. I'm guessing that even if we spread the word to our seat mates to be respectful, there will undoubtedly be disrespectful, self-centered assholes doing what they do best. Sorry for the rant, it just makes me mad when I read about this crap at these intimate settings. I'm also guessing that if we behave Eddie will be more likely to surprise us with a few extras as opposed to cutting it a little short because of the beligerance. In no way do I suspect anyone partaking in this thread to be one of these people I just hope we can collectively spread the word. Sorry for the rant, I feel better already. Thanks for reading, I'm guessing the majority of you feel the same way.

• Options
    Happy 30th Patrickredeyes! I hope you have a great day!

• Options
    jjstarr wrote:
    How can we all do our part in spreading the word to the showgoers in Milwaukee to behave. Lets be the crowd that we and Eddie can be proud of, not like all the other drunken douchebag crowds that we have read about so far. I will definitely have my buzz on but at the same time will be respectful to Ed and all others that are there to see an amazing show. There seems to be less than fifty of us on the board going so that is a far cry from 2300. I'm guessing that even if we spread the word to our seat mates to be respectful, there will undoubtedly be disrespectful, self-centered assholes doing what they do best. Sorry for the rant, it just makes me mad when I read about this crap at these intimate settings. I'm also guessing that if we behave Eddie will be more likely to surprise us with a few extras as opposed to cutting it a little short because of the beligerance. In no way do I suspect anyone partaking in this thread to be one of these people I just hope we can collectively spread the word. Sorry for the rant, I feel better already. Thanks for reading, I'm guessing the majority of you feel the same way.
    The sad truth is there will always be a hand full in the crowd like that.
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Milwaukee’s Fonzie statue getting bronzed Aug. 19
    ‘Happy Days’ cast members joining celebration
    By DON WALKER
    dwalker@journalsentinel.com
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2008
    Civic boosters on Friday released details of the Aug. 19 Fonzie celebration in Milwaukee, which includes the official bronzing of the Fonzie statue, a parade from downtown to Miller Park and a free Fonzie baseball card to all fans attending that night’s Milwaukee Brewers-Houston Astros baseball game.

'Fonzie' Statue

A Fonz baseball card will be given to everyone at the Brewers game Aug. 19.

Recent Coverage
    3/6/08: Fonzie to have a new hangout
    1/25/08: Happy day for 'The Fonz'

Advertisement
    The statue will be dedicated on the east side of the Riverwalk on the south side of Wells St. Visit Milwaukee, which promotes Milwaukee as a travel destination, led the fund raising for the statue. The dedication ceremony is closed to the public.

Here is the schedule for the Aug. 19 event:

Starting at 9 a.m., 100 limited-edition “bronze the Fonz” commemorative posters will go on sale at $50 each at the Peck Pavilion at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water St. Proceeds from the sale will go to SPARK (Spheres of Proud Achievement in Reading for Kids), a program coordinated by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee in partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Additional posters at $20 each will be sold, with proceeds going to SPARK.

11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Culver’s Frozen Custard will host a free public frozen custard social at the Peck Pavilion. At that gathering, actor Henry Winkler, the Fonz, is scheduled to make an appearance.

5:45 p.m.: The cast of the old “Happy Days” show will travel down Wisconsin Ave. in vintage autos starting at N. Water St. and going to W. Blue Mound Road and into Miller Park.

Winkler and his colleagues will be honored at a ceremony at Miller Park before the game. The cast will throw out the first ball, and Anson Williams, who played Potsie on the old series, will sing the national anthem.

All fans attending the game will receive a Fonzie baseball card.

For more information, go to http://www.bronzethefonz.com.
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    I have one ticket to sell for face of course. 1 LT Row S
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    Milwaukee’s Fonzie statue getting bronzed Aug. 19
    ‘Happy Days’ cast members joining celebration
    By DON WALKER
    dwalker@journalsentinel.com
    Posted: Aug. 1, 2008
    Civic boosters on Friday released details of the Aug. 19 Fonzie celebration in Milwaukee, which includes the official bronzing of the Fonzie statue, a parade from downtown to Miller Park and a free Fonzie baseball card to all fans attending that night’s Milwaukee Brewers-Houston Astros baseball game.

'Fonzie' Statue

A Fonz baseball card will be given to everyone at the Brewers game Aug. 19.

Recent Coverage
    3/6/08: Fonzie to have a new hangout
    1/25/08: Happy day for 'The Fonz'

Advertisement
    The statue will be dedicated on the east side of the Riverwalk on the south side of Wells St. Visit Milwaukee, which promotes Milwaukee as a travel destination, led the fund raising for the statue. The dedication ceremony is closed to the public.

Here is the schedule for the Aug. 19 event:

Starting at 9 a.m., 100 limited-edition “bronze the Fonz” commemorative posters will go on sale at $50 each at the Peck Pavilion at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts, 929 N. Water St. Proceeds from the sale will go to SPARK (Spheres of Proud Achievement in Reading for Kids), a program coordinated by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Milwaukee in partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Additional posters at $20 each will be sold, with proceeds going to SPARK.

11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Culver’s Frozen Custard will host a free public frozen custard social at the Peck Pavilion. At that gathering, actor Henry Winkler, the Fonz, is scheduled to make an appearance.

5:45 p.m.: The cast of the old “Happy Days” show will travel down Wisconsin Ave. in vintage autos starting at N. Water St. and going to W. Blue Mound Road and into Miller Park.

Winkler and his colleagues will be honored at a ceremony at Miller Park before the game. The cast will throw out the first ball, and Anson Williams, who played Potsie on the old series, will sing the national anthem.

All fans attending the game will receive a Fonzie baseball card.

For more information, go to http://www.bronzethefonz.com.

Saw this in the newspaper this morning. hehe :D
    I have one ticket to sell for face of course. 1 LT Row S

pm sent. Trying to get a ticket for one of the helpers from Companion Animal Resource and Adoption Center.