Options

@@@@@@Milwaukee Eddie Vedder Pre-Party Tuesday August 19th@@@@@@

Comments

• Options
    youknowrobbyyouknowrobby Posts: 120
    The number of taps mean nothing when they pour mostly piss water out of them. ;)

But like I said, I do slum it from time ot time on the beer trail too...and I will look to try a coupe of the local beers if I make it so all is well...I'm not criticizing the pick by any means...it looks like a good choice.

OK, it's settled, Miller Lite for you.................{:">}
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,146
    OK, it's settled, Miller Lite for you.................{:">}

Sounds good...you know, everytime I'm drinking Miller Lite, I have this vision of someone in Milwaukee drinking a good beer (Victory Hop Wallop, something from Three Floys or Dogfish head, or Great Lakes, etc)...then peeing into a a bottle.

So I guess I think of it as good beer once removed. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    The link I posted is very helpful. Lists places to park all over Milw downtown. In this situation, the pub is listed westown and the theatre is listed east town. But, the river is what seperates the two sections. I think it would make sense to park on the east section close to the Riverside and walk to the pub. This way, after the show, one doesn't have far to walk at night.

Of course, you could find a meter on the street and then park in a garage and get a better rate. That is, if they have an after 5pm (ex) rate.

I think you could post the link listed in your first post. Though, I think I posted the west section. You might want to post the entire downtown area.

I know there is a parking garage a block up from Mo's. I will post this info thanks for the help. :)
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,146
    By the way, thanks to everyone who is putting in effort to set this up, I really hope I can make it...
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The Irish Pub!!!! That's the perfect spot. For you folks that are not familiar with the area, it is almost right across the street.

Which means you will be able to get piss drunk and still be able to stumble to the show;)

Good job Patrick. I can't wait to meet everyone.:D
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08
  • Options
    The Irish Pub!!!! That's the perfect spot. For you folks that are not familiar with the area, it is almost right across the street.

Which means you will be able to get piss drunk and still be able to stumble to the show;)

Good job Patrick. I can't wait to meet everyone.:D

It's 177 feet from Mo's to the Riverside. Drink away and stumble over to the venue. :D
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140
    madsea:

Would love to hear about the show in 91 at Madison. The Oscar Meyer Theatre, correct? Is that venue still around? I live in Madison and I assume the name has changed. I think I heard it used to be where the Overture Center is. Sure wish Vedder would play Madison at the Overture Center...

They were the opener. If I remember right, the "main" show was the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

My friends went to see the Chillis and thought I was strange to want to see the opening band. "Alive" had just been released (again, fuzzy memory)...Jeremy was NOT a single yet (it was released prior to the 92 Lolla show I saw--the fan crowd grew HUGE then).

Anyway, it was everything you'd want it to be. They were fresh, looking back--young, and very raw. Fantastic stuff.

The Oscar Meyer is still around, but it is in the Overture Center (which I have yet to step foot in).

Madison used to get big shows, now they skip town and do Milwaukee, Twin Cities and Chicago.

I just missed getting Nirvana tickets when they played the old R&R Station in 91...it was a dive bar off of Park St., just 2 blocks from the dorms on campus...I think there is a condo or a UW building there now. Saw Paul Westerberg there, saw Helmet, saw Hole, saw Neds Atomic Dustbin, saw a bunch of bigger shows there. It was great.

Have to say though, the best show I saw was at Summerfest around the Vitalogy era...they were just on fire, the weather was great, the audience was great...just incredible.
  • Options
    youknowrobbyyouknowrobby Posts: 120
    madsea wrote:
    They were the opener. If I remember right, the "main" show was the Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

My friends went to see the Chillis and thought I was strange to want to see the opening band. "Alive" had just been released (again, fuzzy memory)...Jeremy was NOT a single yet (it was released prior to the 92 Lolla show I saw--the fan crowd grew HUGE then).

Anyway, it was everything you'd want it to be. They were fresh, looking back--young, and very raw. Fantastic stuff.

The Oscar Meyer is still around, but it is in the Overture Center (which I have yet to step foot in).

Madison used to get big shows, now they skip town and do Milwaukee, Twin Cities and Chicago.

I just missed getting Nirvana tickets when they played the old R&R Station in 91...it was a dive bar off of Park St., just 2 blocks from the dorms on campus...I think there is a condo or a UW building there now. Saw Paul Westerberg there, saw Helmet, saw Hole, saw Neds Atomic Dustbin, saw a bunch of bigger shows there. It was great.

Have to say though, the best show I saw was at Summerfest around the Vitalogy era...they were just on fire, the weather was great, the audience was great...just incredible.

cool story, thanks for sharing......
    92- Austin
    92- Houston
    95- Austin
    00- Paris
    00- Houston
    03- San Antonio
    06- Milwaukee-Summerfest w/ Tom Petty
    07- Lollapalooza - Chicago
    08- EV-Solo - Milwaukee
    09- Chicago
    10- Indy
    11- PJ 20
    14- Milw
    16- Wrigley 2
    18- Wrigley 1
    23- Chicago 2
  • Options
    madsea wrote:

Indeed great story, thank you for sharing. :)
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    By the way, thanks to everyone who is putting in effort to set this up, I really hope I can make it...

I think you SHOULD make it just to try the beer!!! :D
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    madseamadsea Posts: 140
    It just got real...opened the mail today and my tickets are IN. MY. HANDS.
  • Options
    inhiding 1976inhiding 1976 NWI Posts: 580
    I have a ten club Millwaukee ticket to trade with anyone who has a ticket to the 2nd night in Chicago.

7-11-95, 6-14-98, 6-26-98, 6-27-98, 6-29-98, 8-17-98, 08-18-00, 8-20-00, 09-05-00, 10-7-00, 10-8-00, 10-9-00, 10-11-00, 4-21-03, 4-22-03, 4-23-03, 4-25-03, 04-26-03, 6-18-03, 6-21-03, 6-22-03, 6-25-03, 06-26-03, 10-3-04, 9-11-05, 9-12-05, 9-13-05, 5-9-06, 5-10-06, 5-16-06, 5-17-06, 5-19-06, 5-20-06, 6-23-06, 6-24-06, 6-29-06, 8-5-07, E.V. Milwaukee and Chicago night 1, 8-23-09,08-24-09, 5-7-10, 5-9-10, E.V. 6-28-011, 9-3-11, 9-4-11, 7-19-13, 10-11-13, 10-3-14, 10-17-14, 10-20-14, E.V. 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 8-20-18, 8-22-18, 9-16-22, 9-18-22, 9-5-23, 9-7-23, 9-10-23
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    With the number of sign threads and signs at the concert I take each mention of them as an act of terrorist aggression meant to block my view and my overall enjoyment of the concert.

I'm relaxed now, thanks! ;)

Don't worry, if I do it will be only before the show, or in between songs. I get pissed off if something is going on up on stage and there are fucking signs being help up.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    bump
    Hold On
  • Options
    1st page updated

More items to come. :)
  • Options
    So how about a shirt that says:

"PLAY ALPINE VALLEY" inside the Wisconsin map outline? I figure it would also need a star locating East Troy, or star that says: "Greatest Concert Venue On Earth" where East Troy is. :)

And....

If it wouldn't be too much more expensive to print:

"I survived the Ice Bowl" on the back. ;)

What do you guys think? I could probably draw something up pretty quick in Illustrator.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options

"PLAY ALPINE VALLEY" inside the Wisconsin map outline? I figure it would also need a star locating East Troy, or star that says: "Greatest Concert Venue On Earth" where East Troy is. :)

And....

What do you guys think? I could probably draw something up pretty quick in Illustrator.

Draw it up.

I would buy and support a ''Play Alpine Valley 2009'' shirt or any Alpine shirt. :D
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778

And....

I can get the shirts done for between $10 and $15 a piece...depending on what goes on it. But I need to get on it asap.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    I can get the shirts done for between $10 and $15 a piece...depending on what goes on it. But I need to get on it asap.

Does it go up in price with the size of the shirt?
  • Options
    I'll try and have something done for ya tomorrow.
  • Options
    I'll try and have something done for ya tomorrow.

I love this idea. :D

It's a fun way to express how some of us feel. Thanks for looking into this. :)
  • Options

And....

I woke up this morning thinking about this idea. :D
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    edible shirts made out of chips and dip? what have I missed?
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    edible shirts made out of chips and dip? what have I missed?

Who's got the munchies?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Hello everyone long time no hear from! Glad to hear about the mo's irish pub party. I really like the place and im sure everyone else will too. The bad thing is the wife and i were in aruba when all of this went down therfore we have no tickets.It sucks ass but what can you do. I'll be sure to come down and party with the clan though and just maybee i'll be able to scoop up some tix.
  • Options
    pjgodspeed wrote:
    Hello everyone long time no hear from! Glad to hear about the mo's irish pub party. I really like the place and im sure everyone else will too. The bad thing is the wife and i were in aruba when all of this went down therfore we have no tickets.It sucks ass but what can you do. I'll be sure to come down and party with the clan though and just maybee i'll be able to scoop up some tix.

Come on down and maybe you will find some tickets. :D
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Come on down and maybe you will find some tickets. :D
    ONE CAN ONLY HOPE.The riverside is such an awesome place to see a show. Damm im getting more and more furious just thinking about it.
  • Options
    pjgodspeed wrote:
    ONE CAN ONLY HOPE.The riverside is such an awesome place to see a show. Damm im getting more and more furious just thinking about it.

Hope is a good thing. :)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I'd say you have a good chance at finding some for face...
    I'll keep my eyes peeled, there were plenty of extras at LA1 and SD1 Ed Solo shows!
  • Options
    pjtaper wrote:
    I'd say you have a good chance at finding some for face...
    I'll keep my eyes peeled, there were plenty of extras at LA1 and SD1 Ed Solo shows!

When you have a chance check your email for chips and dip. heh