Options

@@@@@@Milwaukee Eddie Vedder Pre-Party Tuesday August 19th@@@@@@

Comments

• Options
    brainofTbrainofT Posts: 19
    Here's my two cents....... Front design is killer, design on back as sports jersey might not be for everyone (reading this thread with others giving their feedback). I would be stoked to have one with "I survived the icebowl" on back, that being one of my fondest shows, and possibly include the date as well. And how about black with white lettering? Regardless, I will be up for buying whatever you guys come up with. Great idea!!
    milwaukee '95, alpine valley '00 & '03, St. Paul '06, Lolla '07
    "won't someone..... save the world"
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    brainofT wrote:
    Here's my two cents....... Front design is killer, design on back as sports jersey might not be for everyone (reading this thread with others giving their feedback). I would be stoked to have one with "I survived the icebowl" on back, that being one of my fondest shows, and possibly include the date as well. And how about black with white lettering? Regardless, I will be up for buying whatever you guys come up with. Great idea!!

Maybe both back designs can be done. I wouldn't mine your idea and the ice bowl 00. One of each. :D
  • Options
    bacojbacoj Posts: 120
    I'm down for a t-shirt but may not wear it to the EV show (don't hurt me). I did, in fact, survive the icebowl too but I have another t-shirt in mind to wear to the EV show. I like the design ideas so far.
    mmmmm, it does go well with the chicken.....delicious again peter

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    brainofT wrote:

Yeah, I think the sports jersey idea is interesting, but it clashes with the theme I had in mind. I want this to look like a kitschy tourist t-shirt type of thing. For that reason I'm going with "I Survived the Ice Bowl" on back, with the show date underneath it (good idea!). Thanks for everyone's input though. I'm really excited to see how these turn out.

Here is the final design:

Front:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/AutoX_FIB/AlpineV1.jpg

Back:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/AutoX_FIB/ShirtBack.jpg

Here's the thread for the shirts, ordering info is included there:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=295966
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    Yeah, I think the sports jersey idea is interesting, but it clashes with the theme I had in mind. I want this to look like a kitschy tourist t-shirt type of thing. For that reason I'm going with "I Survived the Ice Bowl" on back, with the show date underneath it (good idea!). Thanks for everyone's input though. I'm really excited to see how these turn out.

Here is the final design:

Front:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/AutoX_FIB/AlpineV1.jpg

Back:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/AutoX_FIB/ShirtBack.jpg

Here's the thread for the shirts, ordering info is included there:

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=295966

I love it. :D
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    I love it. :D
    Think I'm going to take the design in today and put a deposit down so I know they'll be done by the 19th. May get stuck with 20 shirts but that's what ebay is for.... :)

25 DAYS AND COUNTING!
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Maybe you can get the extras to Chicago???
  • Options
    Maybe you can get the extras to Chicago???
    Yeah, someone in Milwaukee has to be going to Chicago and would be willing to take over the cost and take them to Chicago. Is there a pre-party planned in Chicago?
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    both nights as far as i know.
  • Options
    pjstarrpjstarr Posts: 270
    Great job with the shirt, love it! I will be getting one. Thank you!
    "I think this is the coldest red wine I've ever had"
    E.V- Ice Bowl, Alpine Valley 2000

Alpine Valley 6 -27-98 Palace 10-7-00 Alpine Valley 10-8-00
    Shoreline 6-1-03 DTE 6-25-03 DTE 6-26-03
    Pepsi Center 7-2-06 Pepsi Center 7-3-06
    Riverside Theater E.V solo 8-19-08
  • Options
    bacoj wrote:
    I'm down for a t-shirt but may not wear it to the EV show (don't hurt me). I did, in fact, survive the icebowl too but I have another t-shirt in mind to wear to the EV show. I like the design ideas so far.

Are you going to where that shirt that says "play everything you pussy"

• Options
    jjstarr wrote:
    Are you going to where that shirt that says "play everything you pussy"

Of course I am!

E. Troy 98, E. Lansing 98, Barrie 98, Hartford 98, Noblesville 00, Detroit 00, E. Troy 00, Champaign 03, Detroit 03 x 2, Grand Rapids 06, Detroit 06, EV Milwaukee 08, SLC 09, Missoula 12
  • Options
    Yeah, someone in Milwaukee has to be going to Chicago and would be willing to take over the cost and take them to Chicago. Is there a pre-party planned in Chicago?

Well I would do it but I'm not going to Chicago shows. Why not for now do the pre-order and see how many are bought. I'm gonna but two of them and whoever else will buy some. Then you can get a idea on how many you will have left for say Chicago.
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    Where is everyone staying? Or what is a close hotel? I need to book this soon!
    I was going to do the Pfister, but now they are only offering King rooms and as much as me and my daughter love each other, she doesn't want to share a bad with me :D
    Any ideas?
    You can pm or email me if you aren't comfortable posting where you are staying on the board. I swear I am not a weirdo!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    Where is everyone staying? Or what is a close hotel? I need to book this soon!
    I was going to do the Pfister, but now they are only offering King rooms and as much as me and my daughter love each other, she doesn't want to share a bad with me :D
    Any ideas?
    You can pm or email me if you aren't comfortable posting where you are staying on the board. I swear I am not a weirdo!

Hotel info, let me know if this helps. There are hotels by the airport. You could take a cab or maybe a bus down to the venue.

http://maps.yahoo.com/map?q1=116+W+Wisconsin+Ave%20Milwaukee%20WI%20us&mag=5&lat=43.038864&lon=-87.910835&ard=1#mvt=m&lat=43.038864&lon=-87.910835&mag=5&zoom=12&tt=hotels&tp=1&q1=116%20W%20Wisconsin%20Ave%20Milwaukee%20WI%20us&gid1=16718190
  • Options
    Thanks that does help. I went ahead and am all booked! Getting nervous and excited!

Let me know if you need help with anything for the party. I still have a ton of name tags and markers in every color left over from the SC party, I plan to bring. I also have a half roll of raffle tickets and a cash box if you need those.

Working on some donations, will probably be cds or dvds.
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Hey Mindi JB & I are staying at the BW Intown a couple blocks from venue and party. I searched -anything close was 200 a night plus parking- so this was under 100 with AAA- probably not great(bar in basement though!) but we don't plan on being there much. Just saw a new cool place though called The Iron Horse- its expensive but check it out for the fun of it. The pet option is so cute!
    Patrick- let me know the name of the rescue soon
    Thanks
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Thanks

Very soon you and everybody else will know. :)
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Hey Mindi JB & I are staying at the BW Intown a couple blocks from venue and party. I searched -anything close was 200 a night plus parking- so this was under 100 with AAA- probably not great(bar in basement though!) but we don't plan on being there much. Just saw a new cool place though called The Iron Horse- its expensive but check it out for the fun of it. The pet option is so cute!
    Thanks
    We splurged and are staying downtown, pretty close to the Riverside.
    But WOW I wish I had booked the Iron Horse. I looked it up and it is way cool!
    Getting excited, nervous too, but I am always a nervous wreck! :D
  • Options
    jjstarr and I scored a room at the Comfort Inn Lakeside or Lakeshore downtown. My bro works for choice hotels and got us a good rate. Even without the discount, they had rooms for around $119/night and it's only 1.1 miles from the venue.

• Options
    I'm very happy to announce that the Beneficiary will be Companion Animal Resource and Adoption Center or (CARAC) for short. :)

They are looking to expand their space at Southridge Mall. Amy Christiansen, founder of the Companion Animal Resource and Adoption Center and all her volunteers are very excited and thankful for being selected. I've volunteered in the past at (CARAC) and am proud that my nephew volunteers there every weekend. Please check out their site: http://www.companionanimal.org/index.htm

Here is another link to a story about Amy Christiansen and (CARAC)
    http://onmilwaukee.com/market/articles/companionanimal.html

Also check out this video of the animals (CARAC) has helped find a home for in the past.
    http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/view_shared?p=2d6533cec0fc71e828801b

My hope is that on Tuesday August 19th we help even just a little bit for Amy and her cause. I've met her a few times and have talked with her on the phone a bit. She is a very amazing person and is doing amazing work for these dogs and cats. So keep watching this thread for more updates and see you next month. :)
  • Options
    bump
  • Options
    She is a very amazing person and is doing amazing work for these dogs and cats.

If she's that amazing.....maybe she can tell how to get our Great Dane from shitting all over our kitchen! :)

sent you a pm patrick......
  • Options
    If she's that amazing.....maybe she can tell how to get our Great Dane from shitting all over our kitchen! :)

sent you a pm patrick......

Well I dont know if she can help with that. You may need that dog guy from t.v. :D

Got your pm also.
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Wow! that was a great choice Patrick- and an amazing video- all those little faces- ok so it made me cry- it really was a good decision to have Eddies fans help this cause-
    thanks
  • Options
    This was on like page 9!
    I am guessing you guys have a cash box? Trying to figure out what I need to bring and if I need a big suitcase or not.
    In just 3 weeks I will be on a plane headed to WI!
  • Options
    mindi wrote:
    This was on like page 9!
    I am guessing you guys have a cash box? Trying to figure out what I need to bring and if I need a big suitcase or not.
    In just 3 weeks I will be on a plane headed to WI!

Yes cash box is covered. I will pm you tonight.

Can't wait to meet you. :)
  • Options
    A great and worthy cause! I'm glad we can all help out! Can't wait! I might just have to put ANIMAL on right now or listen to lost dogs!

• Options
    Speaking of charity, we have decided that Play Alpine shirts sold at the pre-party will be sold at a higher price so that a donation can be made to the Wishlist Foundation per each shirt sold. Any shirts pre-ordered and pre-paid will be sold for the original price we stated.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    BTW......

LET'S GO CUBBIES!!! LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!!! LET'S GO CUBBIES!!!!!

Sabathia = FTL!!!!!! :)