Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,796

Super Fan

Wow!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,418
    mrussel1 said:

Just learned that Jack will be the guest on the season premier of A Prairie Home Companion here in St. Paul. He will be playing a short acoustic set prior to the live show. Total bummer that I was about a half a day late on the ticket drop.

Did TMR drop the tickets? I didn't get any notification of it.
    No it was through the venue, the Fitzgerald Theater, and Minnesota Public Radio.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    RobbyD462 said:

Super Fan

Wow!
    Where is this pic from? Wonder how much all of that cost :dizzy:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

RobbyD462 said:

Super Fan

Wow!
    Not sure but 10's of thousands I would think.Incredible collection
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Does the next TMR vault get announced before the subscription renewal date typically? Like this next one is 10/1/16 for me. I'd like to know what the next thing will be before I pay up $60.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Does the next TMR vault get announced before the subscription renewal date typically? Like this next one is 10/1/16 for me. I'd like to know what the next thing will be before I pay up $60.

Just cancel and resign up if you like it. No seniority bs for Thirdman.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203

Just cancel and resign up if you like it. No seniority bs for Thirdman.
    Good point
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422

I think 10/1 will be the announcement date; if I'm wrong, someone please correct me. Might be a good idea to cancel a day or two ahead just to be on the safe side. You can always sign up again after the announcement is made, should have the whole month of October to sign up.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,908
    edited September 2016

You most likely won't know before your renewal hits. It typically gets announced on the first day of the subscription period but with 10/1 being a Saturday, it could come a day early, day of, or even on Monday after. When my renewal day comes, it always hits my PayPal early a.m. before I'm awake on the west coast. After joining early the first time I subscribed, I learned and then unsubscribed and resubscribed to push my renewal date to the last day of the month.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,875
    kasedoug said:

You most likely won't know before your renewal hits. It typically gets announced on the first day of the subscription period but with 10/1 being a Saturday, it could come a day early, day of, or even on Monday after. When my renewal day comes, it always hits my PayPal early a.m. before I'm awake on the west coast. After joining early the first time I subscribed, I learned and then unsubscribed and resubscribed to push my renewal date to the last day of the month.
    Like KC alludes to, I think it depends on when your quarterly renewal date it set. I'm not 100% sure here, but I think the auto CC charge hits every three months from the date you signed up.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,875
    RobbyD462 said:

RobbyD462 said:

Super Fan

Wow!

+1, incredible collection. There's a massive amount of tri-colors and blue/blacks in there :flushed::money:
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    jjflash said:

RobbyD462 said:

RobbyD462 said:

Super Fan

Wow!

+1, incredible collection. There's a massive amount of tri-colors and blue/blacks in there :flushed::money:
    Yes looks incredible however I'm very happy with my one copy of every WS LP and 7". Same with my JW collection. If I bought that much third man stuff then I wouldn't have the rest of my record collection. Fair play though, that's some serious collecting.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    When is Vault 30 due to be announced? I usually get

Super Fan

Holy fuck!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

Super Fan

I should do this with my PJ records!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

When is Vault 30 due to be announced?

The week of October 3rd. Though I could see them announcing it the week before because I think they are done with the PJ packages.

I think its gonna be a GBMS singles box set. With the black vinyl version of GBMS hitting stores.

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    If it is GBMS singles then they'll need to do better than the Elephant singles to get my money. I ended up selling that set and buying the one single that had new cover art. Probably one of the worst Vaults there has been IMO and I usually like box sets of singles.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,355
    edited September 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

Super Fan

Holy fuck!!
    Of course, that guy is now stuck in that room. With the vinyl all over the floor he can't get out until somebody rescues him!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

If it is GBMS singles then they'll need to do better than the Elephant singles to get my money. I ended up selling that set and buying the one single that had new cover art. Probably one of the worst Vaults there has been IMO and I usually like box sets of singles.

If they do it, I'm not expecting anything much different from the Elephant box. A DVD would put it over the top though.

• Options
    goldrush said:

PJ_Soul said:

Super Fan

Holy fuck!!
    Of course, that guy is now stuck in that room. With the vinyl all over the floor he can't get out until somebody rescues him!
    :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    question: when they did the singles, what else was included?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    edited September 2016
    mfc2006 said:

question: when they did the singles, what else was included?

I don't think it was anything other than the 4 singles and the box.
    Post edited by JK_Livin on
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    My blue vinyl has just arrived. Excited.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    goldrush said:

PJ_Soul said:

Super Fan

Holy fuck!!
    Ya know, I was looking at this the other day and thought "how the hell did he get to that spot to sit down without stepping on something?"
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403

My blue vinyl has just arrived. Excited.

nice! mine should arrive today!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Third Man in Detroit is just the coolest. I love it more an more every time I go there. Boyfriend bought a couple of records(JW Acoustic and The Kills live from TMR) for us to listen to, and I got a really cool sweater, just in time for cooler weather :)
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

Third Man in Detroit is just the coolest. I love it more an more every time I go there. Boyfriend bought a couple of records(JW Acoustic and The Kills live from TMR) for us to listen to, and I got a really cool sweater, just in time for cooler weather :)

Nice!
    I'm on the lookout for a copy of the Kills and third man!
    Sounds like fun

• Options

goldrush said:

PJ_Soul said:

Super Fan

Holy fuck!!
    Ya know, I was looking at this the other day and thought "how the hell did he get to that spot to sit down without stepping on something?"
    He may have an elaborate pulley and harness system hanging from the ceiling, lol.
  • Options
    The next Vault should be announced on Friday, right?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Looks like if you used the PJ code it isn't an automatically renewed subscription, mine says "one time ...."
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

Looks like if you used the PJ code it isn't an automatically renewed subscription, mine says "one time ...."

That is correct.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer