Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    I like how its two diff LPs. To be honest I could live without it but feel my White Stripes 7" collection would be missing something without the single. Its tracks that are already on my ridiculous expensive blue vinyl but Im a real sucker. Anyone want to split this Vault with me, just want that 7.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    edited October 2016
    Stoked to hopefully be getting the next year of my Vault subscription for free. The online silent auction of the PJ @ TMR Vault package for a local Nashville animal charity posted in ACTS kind of flew under the radar so I bid on it and won. I think people overlooked that it included a year Vault subscription and what the value of that would be.

Interesting Vault 30 with the two different separate LPs. Would be cool if the 7" had something that didn't make the acoustic record. Would have loved to hear a stripped down take of "Take Me With You When You Go," which is one of my favorite Jack solo songs.
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited October 2016
    kasedoug said:

Stoked to hopefully be getting the next year of my Vault subscription for free. The online silent auction of the PJ @ TMR Vault package for a local Nashville animal charity posted in ACTS kind of flew under the radar so I bid on it and won. I think people overlooked that it included a year Vault subscription and what the value of that would be.

Interesting Vault 30 with the two different separate LPs. Would be cool if the 7" had something that didn't make the acoustic record. Would have loved to hear a stripped down take of "Take Me With You When You Go," which is one of my favorite Jack solo songs.

Wow!! $90 won that?! I didn't even both trying or monitoring it because I assumed it would go high. That's crazy, congrats! .... Too bad for the animal charity though (no offense of course, you scored). Obviously they were hoping the bids would go a lot higher than that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    There are some videos of the Raconteurs Irving Plaza show on youtube. From the few songs I checked out, seems like a solid show. I will likely get this one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited October 2016
    I was at the Raconteurs show at the Grand Ole Opry in 2010.
    great show and great DVD.... too bad my ex-wife took all my Vault shit in the divorce

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    edited October 2016
    lolobugg said:

great show and great DVD.... too bad my ex-wife took all my Vault shit in the divorce

If I ever get married I'm going to insist upon a prenup just for my vinyl collection. I will never ever start combining a vinyl collection, I don't care how much I love him! :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

If I ever get married I'm going to insist upon a prenup just for my vinyl collection. I will never ever start combining a vinyl collection, I don't care how much I love him! :lol:
    I am serious.......You should def do that!!!
    I got the couch and love seat but damn I want my Icky Thump Mono copy back!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

Was she really a fan & collector or did she just want to make sure you didn't get to keep the shit?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    lolobugg said:

that sucks! that's a great LP. I think I'll pass on this one, though.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Anyone want the two LPs, I just want the 7". I can split this with you.
  • Options

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

lolobugg said:

Was she really a fan & collector or did she just want to make sure you didn't get to keep the shit?
    She was/I guess is a huge Jack fan. but I feel like it is because I exposed her to the music.
    either way, my daughter will have a nice little chunk of change for her college funds if her mom decides to sell it.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    Apparently The White Stripes don't like Trump using their song Seven Nation Army in an ad
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I saw that story the other day. Trump and his campaign apparently didn't use their song at all. Some Trump fan made some Trump propaganda video of this own and used the song. Now that's dedication to a candidate. :lol:
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    edited October 2016
    Not a fan of the t-shirt
    Post edited by Air23 on
  • Options
    Still looking for someone to split Vault 30 with. Just want the 7". Anyone interested.
  • Options
    WildFlyWildFly Posts: 210
    Any idea how much Vault 30 is selling for?
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Anybody going to Detroit Cobras release party?
  • Options
    WildFly said:

Any idea how much Vault 30 is selling for?

$60 is the standard price for all Vaults. US domestic shipping included.
  • Options
    So all I want is the 7" from the new Vault. What does everyone think, will the rest of the stuff be easy to sell on eBay to recoup most of the cost, not looking to hold onto for ages, just want a quick fair price price on the stuff I don't want.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    FR181798 said:

So all I want is the 7" from the new Vault. What does everyone think, will the rest of the stuff be easy to sell on eBay to recoup most of the cost, not looking to hold onto for ages, just want a quick fair price price on the stuff I don't want.

I hear you. I just want the Parts Unknown: Nashville LP. If you end up getting the vault I'll buy that from you for $25. Sell someone else the Raconteurs record for $25, and you're paying $10 for the 7" you're looking for.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    If one of you decides to join for the first time so that you can split up the package, please let me know as I can get you a referral and entry into the November Vault contest.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I'd buy the Racs record for $25
  • Options
    Sounds like there are interested people so seems like I should just buy. I live in the UK so postage is an issue I guess for people wanting the bits. Not a first time Vault member I joined from Vault 1 and only opted out on about 5. I have split the package a lot of times just to get the 7 for $10 etc.
  • Options
    I wish the Raconteurs would put out another album
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mfc2006 said:

Damn right. I didn't love broken boy, but Consolers is friggin' awesome. By early next year, JW is going to get antsy. I would expect something new from him...and hopefully a tour.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

mfc2006 said:

Damn right. I didn't love broken boy, but Consolers is friggin' awesome. By early next year, JW is going to get antsy. I would expect something new from him...and hopefully a tour.
    that would be great. we saw them at ACL, but Jack had a back injury (I think it was his back) & it definitely limited his mobility on stage & his ability to sing. Broken Boy Soldiers really has some gems on it, but Consolers is awesome from start to finish.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just signed up again. Love all the DW stuff.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Some vault stuff just popped up in the shop
    Tom O.
    -The Writer