Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    I already heard back from TMR (amazing customer service!), and they said that the blue acoustic album was NOT eligible for that discount, and that any of you who managed to get it completely lucked out because it shouldn't have worked, lol. So congrats! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Is it still up? If so does "limited" mean 5000 copies?
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985

It's still up. Word on limit at TMR Detroit on Friday was 3000 copies. Not that I usually believe "word" by fans, but the TMR clique usually knows what they're talking about.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    Yeah, 3000 really isn't limited in my book (it being a limited edition was the reason they gave for it not being eligible for that promo code btw), but I'm glad there were enough for us all to get one! I think doubling the price just because it's coloured vinyl is a bit off-side, but oh well.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    Gtilley8 said:

It's still up. Word on limit at TMR Detroit on Friday was 3000 copies. Not that I usually believe "word" by fans, but the TMR clique usually knows what they're talking about.
    Hey, there were only 2k Bennies... Maybe you can flip this one for 2/3 of the price of a Benny in just a few years:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BENAROYA-HALL-VINYL-Pearl-Jam-Unopened-Extremely-Rare-Numbered-1130-2000-/201655794198?hash=item2ef39f3a16:g:v5kAAOSw~oFXHSE1
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited September 2016
    3000 is still quite limited I guess. But international postage at TMR is a joke. $34.50, should be $21 at the most. Any word on how much this LP was at the storefronts?
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    FR181798 said:

3000 is still quite limited I guess. But international postage at TMR is a joke. $34.50, should be $21 at the most. Any word on how much this LP was at the storefronts?

Yeah, shipping costs are a real problem in general, to say the least. I would have thought that by now, with the global economy and the huge prevalence of online shopping, the prices for shipping in general would have dropped to reasonable levels. But they haven't at all. It actually seems like they're going up. I wonder if carriers are even trying to make shipping more cost effective?? Seems like they need to innovate more. Perhaps this drone delivery idea that Amazon has will catch on somehow... although I figure they'll have to develop a decent force field technology for that to work, lol. Otherwise people will just shoot delivery drones out of the sky and make off with the goods. :tongue:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

It was $40 at TMR Nashville or Detroit.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,800
    Hard to believe that a sticker or patch raises shipping rates by $10 usd which is like $13 or $14 CDN.
    My shipping was 50% of the cost of the item just because I refuse to use Fed Ex due to there brokerage fees
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    Mine is already shipping. So stoked.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404

Mine is already shipping. So stoked.

Wow. That's fast!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462 said:

Hard to believe that a sticker or patch raises shipping rates by $10 usd which is like $13 or $14 CDN.
    My shipping was 50% of the cost of the item just because I refuse to use Fed Ex due to there brokerage fees

I emailed them asking if it would seriously cost that much for them to mail me one single $1 pin, which can obviously just be sent in an envelope with a regular US-Canada postage stamp on it. I wonder what they'll say...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I wonder if this will ship and arrive before my No Code/Yield Reissues
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

I emailed them asking if it would seriously cost that much for them to mail me one single $1 pin, which can obviously just be sent in an envelope with a regular US-Canada postage stamp on it. I wonder what they'll say...
    They will tell you that is what the computer says when they enter the weight, size and destination into the shipping company system.
    I had the same issue when I refused to pay $50 or whatever they were asking to ship a poster.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    FR181798 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

They will tell you that is what the computer says when they enter the weight, size and destination into the shipping company system.
    I had the same issue when I refused to pay $50 or whatever they were asking to ship a poster.
    So they won't do anything about it and expect people to pay $22 USD to have a pin no bigger or heavier than a quarter couriered to them? I would like to think that TMR is better than that.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Is this sold out now? I can't seem to purchase it.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

Is this sold out now? I can't seem to purchase it.

Yes, sold out now.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Damn. Thanks
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    If anyone wants to sell theirs, I had to be at work all day Monday and wasn't able to get one. Let me know. Thanks.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

If anyone wants to sell theirs, I had to be at work all day Monday and wasn't able to get one. Let me know. Thanks.

Somebody hook him up please!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

PJ_Soul said:

RobbyD462 said:

So they won't do anything about it and expect people to pay $22 USD to have a pin no bigger or heavier than a quarter couriered to them? I would like to think that TMR is better than that.
    I practically begged them to look into shipping costs. They said they are a small independent business and can't do anything about the cost of shipping (I guess it means they are not a huge corporation and cant get discounts for bulk etc.) I suggested that they are getting overcharged and gave examples I had experienced such as Amoeba music which were more accurate. They were curious by this but ultimately powerless and gave me a token store credit which was beyond generous. I suggested that their postage price will be losing them internationally business which seemed to strike a chord so I think they will look into it if enough people raise the subject.

BTW they also said that the Vault postage is subsidised by them, which on some of the recent vaults I can well believe.
  • Options
    edited September 2016

MedozK said:

Ha, thanks. Just wasn't able to be online yesterday...so if anyone has buyer's remorse let me know.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,425
    MedozK said:

MedozK said:

Ha, thanks. Just wasn't able to be online yesterday...so if anyone has buyer's remorse let me know.
    MedozK, I'm your huckleberry. PM sent.
  • Options

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

Awesome! Thanks so much.
  • Options

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

:clap:
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Anybody with an extra blue copy?
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 893
    Who wants to be my huckleberry?
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,422
    Just learned that Jack will be the guest on the season premier of A Prairie Home Companion here in St. Paul. He will be playing a short acoustic set prior to the live show. Total bummer that I was about a half a day late on the ticket drop.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Super Fan
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811

Just learned that Jack will be the guest on the season premier of A Prairie Home Companion here in St. Paul. He will be playing a short acoustic set prior to the live show. Total bummer that I was about a half a day late on the ticket drop.

Did TMR drop the tickets? I didn't get any notification of it.