Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    JK_Livin said:

The next Vault should be announced on Friday, right?

Guessing early next week. Usually announced in the last month a subscription for that vault is available.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,796
    JK_Livin said:

scurtis said:

Looks like if you used the PJ code it isn't an automatically renewed subscription, mine says "one time ...."

That is correct.
    I Concur....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    Third Man sent me two copies, when I ordered/paid for one, so I contacted them about the error. They sent me a replacement vinyl, because the original one had a slight warp but still playable, as well a a paid postage to return the extra vault. So today this shows up in my mailbox, just absolutely blown away by the Third Man customer service.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166

Third Man sent me two copies, when I ordered/paid for one, so I contacted them about the error. They sent me a replacement vinyl, because the original one had a slight warp but still playable, as well a a paid postage to return the extra vault. So today this shows up in my mailbox, just absolutely blown away by the Third Man customer service.

Very honest of you to return one but why did you not just open the extra one if yours had a warp. Then just contact them and say it had a warp but you were sent two by mistake and the 2nd was fine. They probably would have just let you keep it. I guess maybe they didnt come on the same day. Very cool to get the after show stuff.
  • Options
    Just got a note to say there is a fee to pay on my blue Jack White Acoustic LP because I'm in the UK.

Record $40
    Postage $34.50 (complete rip off as it took 16 days to get to the UK)
    Import fee $20 (£14)

Why oh why did I not just purchase the normal black version for about 1/4 of the price. Complete sucker that's why.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,737
    FR181798 said:

Just got a note to say there is a fee to pay on my blue Jack White Acoustic LP because I'm in the UK.

Record $40
    Import fee $20 (£14)

Why oh why did I not just purchase the normal black version for about 1/4 of the price. Complete sucker that's why.

That sucks. No customs fee on it in Canada thank goodness. I am surprised you had to pay so much. Wtf is up with the import fees in the UK???
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

Record $40
    Import fee $20 (£14)

That sucks. No customs fee on it in Canada thank goodness. I am surprised you had to pay so much. Wtf is up with the import fees in the UK???
    Did you receive yet Soul?
    I'm still waiting
    I payed extra to get USPS first class international so I wouldn't get hit with extra fees from fed ex.
    Still faster than 10c I'm still waiting for my reissues.
    Good thing I have originals to ease my pain.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Options
    edited September 2016
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

Record $40
    Import fee $20 (£14)

I'm still waiting
    I payed extra to get USPS first class international so I wouldn't get hit with extra fees from fed ex.
    Yes, I got mine over a week ago, so I'm surprised you don't have yours yet! I got the cheapest non-fedex method I think - ground USPS international, no tracking ( also to avoid customs fees).
    Sounds awesome, looks cool. :) Only complaint is that the jacket is just a little tight. I'm having trouble getting the LPs back in there. I have to fight for it a bit, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

Record $40
    Import fee $20 (£14)

Thought paying $34.50 postage was too much, should have been $22 at the most. Turns out they didn't just send it first class but tracked as well. If it wasn't tracked no one would have paid any attention to it. The threshold for paying customs is realy low in the UK, something like £15 now which means you can hardly receive an LP without charge. Stupid thing is the majority of the fee is handling charge.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Very honest of you to return one but why did you not just open the extra one if yours had a warp. Then just contact them and say it had a warp but you were sent two by mistake and the 2nd was fine. They probably would have just let you keep it. I guess maybe they didnt come on the same day. Very cool to get the after show stuff.
    That is yummy looking!!! I love unused passes!!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,572
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

Record $40
    Import fee $20 (£14)

I'm still waiting
    I went with the fed-ex and received my copy a couple weeks ago in Ontario, but got the invoice in the mail last week for $18.20
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options

That is some nice looking passes!

Love me some unused passes!
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:

RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

Record $40
    Import fee $20 (£14)

I'm still waiting
    I went with the fed-ex and received my copy a couple weeks ago in Ontario, but got the invoice in the mail last week for $18.20
    Which is why I didn't go FedEx. No invoice in the mail, and I got mine 10 days ago now, so it wasn't even much slower. FedEx from the US blows. I have learned my lesson on that one!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,572
    Me as well now
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,875
    Vault video package up in Vault Novelties for $20. Includes (4) DVDs from past vaults including JW Bonnaroo, TWStripes Amazonian Lights, JW/Loretta Lynn, and JW Acoustic.
  • Options
    jjflash said:

Vault video package up in Vault Novelties for $20. Includes (4) DVDs from past vaults including JW Bonnaroo, TWStripes Amazonian Lights, JW/Loretta Lynn, and JW Acoustic.

Check page 2;)

• Options
    edited October 2016
    I usually sell a lot of the DVDs that I get with Vault packages as I just don't watch the stuff, I guess most of these are good to get though if you missed them because most of them came fitted inside the big boxes and are less likely to be split from the package. I can't imagine many of these have been sold individually on eBay for a few dollars.

Was expecting the Vault announcement today. Just hoping I don't want it and get a break for a few months.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,875
    RobbyD462 said:

jjflash said:

Check page 2;)
    Pretty sly on TMR's part :wink: . Thanks for the heads-up :sunglasses:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771
    What's on page 2 that's special? Greenhornes?
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,027
    Yeah

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

What's on page 2 that's special? Greenhornes?

Yup

• Options
    Can't see anything on page 2 apart from the Elephant book. What exactly was up. Was it the Greenhornes LP. Had that but not my thing.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,265
    Anyone get the Acoustic blue yet? How can you tell its blue without opening?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Horse2345 said:

you can't, as far as I've seen. I have both. They look identical.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Horse2345 said:

As said already, you can't, but It won't come as a surprise though. They were double the cost. They aren't slipping any blue ones in secretly. Anyone selling a blue one will be advertising it as such.... I guess the risk is that someone says it's blue but they lied.... But ebay and PayPal protect you from such scams.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Horse2345 said:

Only way is to open it up. I got mine from a great member here, thanks again @HesCalledDyer
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,422
    MedozK said:

Horse2345 said:

Only way is to open it up. I got mine from a great member here, thanks again @HesCalledDyer
    :plus_one: Thanks for the kind words!
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    imageimage
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    edited October 2016
    Like the two LP's
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,771
    JK_Livin said:

imageimage

A live Rac show? Hell yeah! Although I would have preferred one from Consolers era

Intimate Secretary
    Hands
    Steady, As She Goes
    Together
    A House Is Not a Motel
    (Love cover)
    Store Bought Bones
    Call It a Day
    Yellow Sun
    Broken Boy Soldier
    Five on the Five
    Blue Veins