Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    mfc2006 said:

jjflash said:

What are the odds on the blue-colored 'Acoustic' vinyl popping up in Vault Novelties on Monday? I could see it happening :pensive:

That would be awesome!
    Great. Now that sucks up my Monday, after the Sat is shot on more Wrigley merch. Thanks, guys.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Anyone interested in a standard black copy of the Jack White acoustic LP? My record store is having a listening party tomorrow with early purchase and I've already pre-ordered from TMR. Would be willing to ship free via Media Mail in the States. Please let me know. Thanks!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    Got my shipping notice for the black jw acoustic this morning. If I receive it before no code or yield I'll just have to laugh. I'm guessing I'll be laughing.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

Got my shipping notice for the black jw acoustic this morning. If I receive it before no code or yield I'll just have to laugh. I'm guessing I'll be laughing.

Mine is scheduled to arrive Saturday. No Code is in its east coast leg of the tour. It's been in and out of Jersey 3x.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Mine is out for delivery this morning
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:

Mine is out for delivery this morning

Just checked.. My No Code and new JW are both out for delivery. Shocking.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    TMR just posted where it's only one blue JW vinyl per customer. Dang :neutral: Thanks to those who were gonna try to grab extras for those of us not in Detroit or Nashvegas.

JW's website lists independent record stores in the U.S. and Europe that are having signed vinyl giveaways as well as free lithograph posters while supplies last. List is here: http://jackwhiteiii.com/record-store-giveaways/
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    jjflash said:

TMR just posted where it's only one blue JW vinyl per customer. Dang :neutral: Thanks to those who were gonna try to grab extras for those of us not in Detroit or Nashvegas.

JW's website lists independent record stores in the U.S. and Europe that are having signed vinyl giveaways as well as free lithograph posters while supplies last. List is here: http://jackwhiteiii.com/record-store-giveaways/

Thanks for the info.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Well I'm still chasing a blue LP if anyone can get a friend, girlfriend, wife etc. to get one for me. I would really appreciate it thank you.. It really sucks that only two shops in the whole world will stock these. What's wrong with doing the indie exclusive that other bands do.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Well I'm still chasing a blue LP if anyone can get a friend, girlfriend, wife etc. to get one for me. I would really appreciate it thank you.. It really sucks that only two shops in the whole world will stock these. What's wrong with doing the indie exclusive that other bands do.

I was hoping maybe the early orders on TMR would get them shipped as a special thanks for something. I ordered the day it came out and mine came yesterday. Alas it was black.
  • Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    mrussel1 said:

FR181798 said:

I was hoping maybe the early orders on TMR would get them shipped as a special thanks for something. I ordered the day it came out and mine came yesterday. Alas it was black.
    I was secretly hoping this too. I got home late last night and didn't unseal mine yet, so I don't know, but I bet it's black.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Oh nevermind I see I can buy one for $249.00 or $399.99 on ebay. Do you think they would take $30.00 as the Best Offer. Honestly TMR get it right on so many other aspects of their business yet they keep putting out limited edition stuff that just gets flipped on eBay. They are a major culprit, it looks like a great record which would shift loads of copies anyway so why do they insist on tainting it like this.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Oh nevermind I see I can buy one for $249.00 or $399.99 on ebay. Do you think they would take $30.00 as the Best Offer. Honestly TMR get it right on so many other aspects of their business yet they keep putting out limited edition stuff that just gets flipped on eBay. They are a major culprit, it looks like a great record which would shift loads of copies anyway so why do they insist on tainting it like this.

Let's see what they sell for.. A bunch of people put up the PJ/TMR for crazy ass price and they didnt' move. I have it but was curious and have been watching. The are selling for 90-100 bucks. Likewise, I bought a brand new Bonaroo last week to trade with a friend for DC Vault 3, and I paid $95 for it. Some people are trying to get $299 for the same.
  • Options
    Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    jjflash said:

One copy per customer. Major bummer
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited September 2016
    FR181798 said:

I don't see that stopping anytime soon because Jack White loves that shit. I don't know, but my guess is that he's not about to stop doing what he clearly considers great fun just because the masses can't "handle" the limited edition stuff. I believe that Jack does it because he enjoys the concept of rarity in general. Whatever happens on ebay, rarity in and of itself does have an intrinsic artistic value.
    Of course, he's a businessman too... I doubt he minds the furor/buzz that accompanies limited editions. It's a great marketing ploy. Everyone falls over themselves to get the limited pressing... but most can't get their hands on it, so everyone gets all excited and then defaults to the widely available version. The excitement sells more standard version for sure. Cha-ching.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

I don't see that stopping anytime soon because Jack White loves that shit. I don't know, but my guess is that he's not about to stop doing what he clearly considers great fun just because the masses can't "handle" the limited edition stuff. I believe that Jack does it because he enjoys the concept of rarity in general. Whatever happens on ebay, rarity in and of itself does have an intrinsic artistic value.
    Of course, he's a businessman too... I doubt he minds the furor/buzz that accompanies limited editions. It's a great marketing ploy. Everyone falls over themselves to get the limited pressing... but most can't get their hands on it, so everyone gets all excited and then defaults to the widely available version. The excitement sells more standard version for sure. Cha-ching.
    Ah no. No cha-ching for you. You didn't apologize for HRC. Oh wait... I'm mixing threads.

In actuality, your post is dead on. I don't think JW minds this a bit. He is definitely into rare things.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

Ah no. No cha-ching for you. You didn't apologize for HRC. Oh wait... I'm mixing threads.

In actuality, your post is dead on. I don't think JW minds this a bit. He is definitely into rare things.
    People say the same thing about PJ.

I say "yes" to limits. When they print more y'all will start saying its a cash grab.

So what is it?

It's always about cash?
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

I say "yes" to limits. When they print more y'all will start saying its a cash grab.

So what is it?

It's always about cash?
    I guess was I was saying JW is into rare things, personally. He has rare cars, rare record booths, recording equipment, etc. So he probably doesn't really mind the small market. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

So what is it?

It's always about cash?
    C.R.E.A.M.
    dolla dolla dolla bill ya'll

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    It only bothers me when there's no wider standard release. I like to look at and/or own the different limited edition records and all that, but as long as it's possible to get ahold of the core package I'm ok with it.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

It only bothers me when there's no wider standard release. I like to look at and/or own the different limited edition records and all that, but as long as it's possible to get ahold of the core package I'm ok with it.

Like Get behind me satan... Although I think that's finally coming
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I have a lot of Third Man releases... and I gave up years ago trying to collect all the limited versions. Like @DewieCox said, as long as I have a versions...usually I am good with that.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited September 2016
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

So what is it?

It's always about cash?
    I guess was I was saying JW is into rare things, personally. He has rare cars, rare record booths, recording equipment, etc. So he probably doesn't really mind the small market. Just my opinion.
    I think it's a fact, not opinion. His actions make this really obvious. He loves rare things, he also loves "first times evers". He's unique, and he openly enjoys other things that are too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    mrussel1 said:

DewieCox said:

Like Get behind me satan... Although I think that's finally coming
    December, allegedly.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,255
    edited September 2016
    Post edited by eeriepadave on
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Finally listened to the PJ vault and it's great. Accidentally listened to side 2 1st.

The Fallon performance was awesome.

https://youtu.be/UbDrtUZGHPA
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Blue Acoustic vinyl in Vault Novelties...
  • Options

Doesn't look like it is for sale...
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    CJ260717 said:

Doesn't look like it is for sale...
    hmm, I was able to get one
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Thanks Brain, got one!
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.