Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    I was able to grab one as well little while ago, nice to see they pressed some for Vault members
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    They didn't. they are leftovers from Friday's sale.
  • Options
    I didn't see an add to cart button. But that shop is confusing as hell to me.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887

They didn't. they are leftovers from Friday's sale.

well, I guess it is OK then that they sold the extras online
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,811
    CJ260717 said:

I didn't see an add to cart button. But that shop is confusing as hell to me.

It is really confusing on where to sign in. But you have to be signed it to add to cart. So go to this page and then click login at the top. After you do, you'll go back to the same screen. http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-novelties/jack-white-acoustic-recordings-1998-2016-double-lp-le?___SID=U

And thanks everyone for the notice! I guess I'll have to live with a few copies of this.
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    Just ordered from the vault - thanx for the heads up guys :smiley:
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    You need to be logged in to get it from Novelties. Remember Vault10 will get you 10% off. Postage was crazy to the UK though $34.50 but I couldnt risk missing out.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,800
    Pricey to Canada as well you add a sticker it goes up $10 lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    RobbyD462 said:

Pricey to Canada as well you add a sticker it goes up $10 lol

That was my mistake too. Adding the sticker nixes media mail shipping in the US, which is kind of ridiculous considering they can just slide it in there with the vinyl.
  • Options
    Better than eBay prices I suppose.
  • Options
    $40 was pricey on the record before shipping, I presume it was the regular price on the day.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    Surprised it hasn't sold out, they must have had a ton.

Pricey to Canada, but the standard version is already quite expensive here, so might as well have a blue one.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    REMEMBER******. VAULT10 gets you 10% off.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Thanks for the heads up and coupon all! Whoo!! Easy decision!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    FR181798 said:

DOH!

They should automatically apply that, you can't even buy in there unless you're a vault member, oh well.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    theboywiltheboywil Seattle Posts: 59
    Yay for the heads up... Got one... (But got too excited to enter the discount code).

My standard version should be delivered today too... :-)
    Well we've been a good few hours drinking
    So I'm going to say what everyone's thinking
    If we're stuck on this ship and it's sinking
    Then we might as well have a parade
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    scurtis said:

FR181798 said:

DOH!

They should automatically apply that, you can't even buy in there unless you're a vault member, oh well.
    I've been a Vault member for years and I've just started to remember to enter that this year. Usually in too much of a rush to checkout with the limited Novelties items to remember. I agree with your point.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited September 2016
    FR181798 said:

That didn't work for me. It said the code wasn't valid. But I did use it for Vault 29, so maybe it's a one time only code? Did anyone successfully use that code for Vault 29 and for the blue acoustic album?? If yes, I'll email TMR and ask for a 10% refund. Or perhaps you would have had to already subscribe to Vault 30 for it to still work?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up BrainOfJHA, about the blue version being available online. $20 USD more than black... hmm. Well, I did it. Not sure I'm happy I didn't just settle for the black TBH, but that little collector's voice in my head got the better of me this time. :anguished: The blue is very expensive to Canada. Like $80 CAD. Eek.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Im also really disappointed that I couldnt resist the urge to buy this expensive probably not so limited edition, I could have made do with a regular. The postage is what really pushes it up beyond sensible. I have Blunderbuss and Lazaretto as "special editions" as well as the JW vaults so really wanted to add it to the collection (I can always resist when uts the DW), at least its not a record I already have.
    I didnt think you can use Vault10 to get discount on a Vault membership itself, I will try that next time.
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    $80 CDN. Can't do it right now. Too many special records coming out lately. "When it rains , it pours".
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

scurtis said:

FR181798 said:

DOH!

I've been a Vault member for years and I've just started to remember to enter that this year. Usually in too much of a rush to checkout with the limited Novelties items to remember. I agree with your point.
    Agreed, if the blue lp had been available in really limited numbers like normally is the case I would have lost out with all the messing about with codes and getting a postage quote etc.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So the Vault10 code worked for the rest of you on this blue acoustic album, or no? And if so, did you use it for Vault 29 as well?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    FR181798 said:

Im also really disappointed that I couldnt resist the urge to buy this expensive probably not so limited edition, I could have made do with a regular. The postage is what really pushes it up beyond sensible. I have Blunderbuss and Lazaretto as "special editions" as well as the JW vaults so really wanted to add it to the collection (I can always resist when uts the DW), at least its not a record I already have.
    I didnt think you can use Vault10 to get discount on a Vault membership itself, I will try that next time.

Yeah, I don't know why I do it, lol. I didn't even keep that deluxe Vault version of Lazaretto. I traded it in at the record store for credit because I realized that the regular version that I also bought was enough. And then I still go ahead and order a fucking blue record for no good reason. I'm an idiot, lol. TMR is a bit of a problem for me. I often regret spending the money I do with them, and yet.... they keep on roping me in. Kind of embarrassing really.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Vault10 should work. I also used my $15 store credit from last vault to get blue acoustic version for under $30.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    damnit. I already ordered the black one........ugh
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,800
    Shit I guess I will open the black and keep the blue sealed....
    Silly boy
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

So the Vault10 code worked for the rest of you on this blue acoustic album, or no? And if so, did you use it for Vault 29 as well?

It worked for the blue acoustic yes but shouldn't work for the Vault as it says "Note: Promo codes will not apply for this item" on the page
  • Options
    forgot I had extra $ in my paypal account! woohoo!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

PJ_Soul said:

It worked for the blue acoustic yes but shouldn't work for the Vault as it says "Note: Promo codes will not apply for this item" on the page
    Kay thanks. I emailed TMR. Hoping they can give me the 10% back.
    On another note, after I completed my order for the blue vinyl, I noticed that they had a TMR pin for $1, so I though I'd grab that too.... and the shipping on it is $22 USD. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FR181798 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Kay thanks. I emailed TMR. Hoping they can give me the 10% back.
    On another note, after I completed my order for the blue vinyl, I noticed that they had a TMR pin for $1, so I though I'd grab that too.... and the shipping on it is $22 USD. :lol:
    hahaha!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com