Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,108
    this might be something I'd actually buy on vinyl even though it's on cd too.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    That looks and sounds incredible.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,828

this might be something I'd actually buy on vinyl even though it's on cd too.

Gotta get this on vinyl! If there is anyone who knows how to do this right, and recognizes the quality of analogue, it's JW. His records are great, and I'm a huge fan of his acoustic work.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    At first I thought these were all different acoustic recordings but reading it more thoroughly I see it's a lot of tracks that have been out before on different releases. As a compilation though it does look excellent and there is enough other stuff in there. I presume we can use our 10% discount from being a Vault member. Surprised there is not details of a Ltd edition version. This actually looks better than a lot of past Vault releases.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,760
    Nice. I'll totally buy that. I hope it doesn't cost too much.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

$25 USD double vinyl plus shipping vinyl, $15 double cd.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Fair price, at least in the states. 25 + media mail shipping equals less than $29. Amazon has it for free shipping for the same total price. I ordered from TMR already, in the hopes of getting something extra, like he's done in the past.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

At first I thought these were all different acoustic recordings but reading it more thoroughly I see it's a lot of tracks that have been out before on different releases. As a compilation though it does look excellent and there is enough other stuff in there. I presume we can use our 10% discount from being a Vault member. Surprised there is not details of a Ltd edition version. This actually looks better than a lot of past Vault releases.

a Ltd edition? I haven't seen anything about that. or are you saying you are surprised there isn't one?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Only $25 - $2.50 discount plus $34.50 to ship to the UK, no thanks Third Man, I'll unfortunately be taking my business to Amazon.

I wonder how much business retailers lose by having screwed up postage charges, I refrained from buying their PJ poster and Loog guitar in the past despite having them in my cart because I wouldn't pay the ridiculous postage charge.
  • Options

FR181798 said:

a Ltd edition? I haven't seen anything about that. or are you saying you are surprised there isn't one?
    I'm saying I'm hoping there is one and perhaps the TMR members who order from the site might get it... That's the hope at least! And considering that there is no difference in the price between TMR and Amazon.us, I'm going with TMR.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    edited August 2016
    Just told my record store guy(my husband :wink: ) to put one of these aside for me when they get it. :grin:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Maybe I won't cancel my TMR after Pearl Jam's release....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Vault10 works to get 10% discount btw. Wasn't sure it would as it is a preorder.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Fair price, at least in the states. 25 + media mail shipping equals less than $29. Amazon has it for free shipping for the same total price. I ordered from TMR already, in the hopes of getting something extra, like he's done in the past.
    Oh sweet, I wasn't paying attention - I didn't even know it was already on sale! :) .... On TMR it's $23 USD shipping to Canada. That's the cheap option. With a 10% discount it's still $47 USD (around $60 CAD. yikes). I liked what you said about a possible TMR ltd ed mrussel1, but on Amazon.ca it's $48 CAD, free shipping. But aaaahhhhgg. If you guys are right about TMR special edition (I don't think it's likely, but still....), that would suck if I missed it just to save $12! What to do? :pensive: I still have to order Vault 6 too..... Why'd I ever decide to start listening to vinyl again?? :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,952
    FR181798 said:

Vault10 works to get 10% discount btw. Wasn't sure it would as it is a preorder.

Thanks got mine for $26.07 shipped. One record is basically nothing new and the other is new or different mixes. Worth the price. Hope the packaging is cool.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Anyone already mention the possibility of this being part of the next TMR Vault btw? They might be selling the standard version now, but maybe some super deluxe fancy pants edition will be in the Vault like they did with Lazaretto. I guess that's what you were alluding to 2-Feign. I'm definitely going to hold off on this until the next Vault is announced.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,038
    I don't think they would do a special edition of it seeing as its released before the next Vault period begins. I could see the next vault as corresponding. Maybe live acoustic songs from different periods.

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,038
    I'm sure there will be a special variant of this, but it most likely won't be vault bound. When they announced Lazaretto, it was at the same time as the Vault announcement. Same with the last Dead Weather album.
  • Options
    TMR might do something similar to the lightning bolt blunderbuss for this with it only being available through the RRS or for Vault members.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

TMR might do something similar to the lightning bolt blunderbuss for this with it only being available through the RRS or for Vault members.

That's what I'm thinking/hoping and why I ordered through my membership... Not that it makes a lick of difference audio wise, but hey, I'm a sucker for colors.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    This one will be hard to pass on for sure.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    for $60 CDN, it's easy for me to pass up. Digital on this one for me.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I cant justify paying an additional $34.50 postage to the UK so will buy it somewhere else. I emailed TMR about their postage and this is the reply I got:
    "Thanks for reaching out! Our shipping prices are calculated through the shipping carrier using 1)weight and 2)destination. Third Man is has no control over the cost as they are determined by the USPS or FEDEx. Unfortunately shipping costs keep rising every year throughout the year, and as a small independent business there is not much we can do to combat the high prices."
    Basically they just believe what a computer screen says whether its correct or not. If I pay $34.50 postage who is keeping that extra money when it is less than $20 to post a 2LP?
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

I cant justify paying an additional $34.50 postage to the UK so will buy it somewhere else. I emailed TMR about their postage and this is the reply I got:
    "Thanks for reaching out! Our shipping prices are calculated through the shipping carrier using 1)weight and 2)destination. Third Man is has no control over the cost as they are determined by the USPS or FEDEx. Unfortunately shipping costs keep rising every year throughout the year, and as a small independent business there is not much we can do to combat the high prices."
    Basically they just believe what a computer screen says whether its correct or not. If I pay $34.50 postage who is keeping that extra money when it is less than $20 to post a 2LP?

If you order from Amazon Canada, do you still have that type of shipping?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,012
    FR181798 said:

So you feel that Amazon has some guy double-check with a calculator and a tape measure to verify that your shipping costs haven't been over- or under-stated? "Believing what a computer screen says" is not akin to believing in God; it's trusting logic which has been designed and honed over time.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    I payed a little more for the usps first class international.
    They wanted just under $25 usd to ship one record!
    Still better than Fedex where they send you an additional bill after delivery.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    benjs said:

FR181798 said:

So you feel that Amazon has some guy double-check with a calculator and a tape measure to verify that your shipping costs haven't been over- or under-stated? "Believing what a computer screen says" is not akin to believing in God; it's trusting logic which has been designed and honed over time.
    I mentioned nothing about Amazon so their pricing method has nothing to do with it. I'm saying mistakes happen all the time and I believe there is a mistake in either TMR or the postal company system. I had the PJ live at TMR poster in my cart and they wanted an additional $54.75 to ship a poster to the UK. It does not cost this, I can assure you. My point was that they won't even consider there is something wrong.

I had a similar issue with Bong Load Records last week, their postage price dropped $6 in the space of a few days. i emailed asking why I had paid more and they explained that there was a mistake with the weight of the item and refunded me what they overcharged.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

FR181798 said:

I don't find Amazon.com or Canada being particularly accurate. They are always much cheaper because they are a huge company. Amoeba on the other hand are an independent retailer and they charge $17.99 to the UK so TMRs $34.50 is way off.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

mrussel1 said:

FR181798 said:

I don't find Amazon.com or Canada being particularly accurate. They are always much cheaper because they are a huge company. Amoeba on the other hand are an independent retailer and they charge $17.99 to the UK so TMRs $34.50 is way off.
    Yeah, it's like TMR is using 10C shipping or something.