Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    RobbyD462 said:

I payed 29.99 plus shipping for this on srv.
    Now it says 38.99.
    Anyone see this?

https://www.srcvinyl.ca/music/the-white-stripes-the-complete-peel-sessions-bbc-2xlp.html

.com is still 29.99
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, they have a .com and .ca, and use the respective country's dollars (which is great). Robbie, you bought it from the US site @ $29.99 USD?? I accidentally did this at first too, but contacted .com immediately and they cancelled the US order right away (got a reply within minutes). I saved at least $13 CAD by ordering from the Canadian site.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    MedozK said:

RobbyD462 said:

I payed 29.99 plus shipping for this on srv.
    Now it says 38.99.
    Anyone see this?

https://www.srcvinyl.ca/music/the-white-stripes-the-complete-peel-sessions-bbc-2xlp.html

.com is still 29.99
    Really nice that they only charge 4 bucks shipping. That surprised me.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Peel sessions is up for preorder on Bull Moose.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, they have a .com and .ca, and use the respective country's dollars (which is great). Robbie, you bought it from the US site @ $29.99 USD?? I accidentally did this at first too, but contacted .com immediately and they cancelled the US order right away (got a reply within minutes). I saved at least $13 CAD by ordering from the Canadian site.

Oh shit!I just saw this.
    I just cancelled and re ordered,that was a close one...
    Thanks again!! :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    No tax on the Canadian site?
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    Red Lukin said:

No tax on the Canadian site?

Didn't see any,cheaper all around.
    Soul is on point!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    I want to buy but almost want to hear the quality first. Does anyone have a sound snippet they can post a link to - anything on youtube?

Cool on the no tax thing but how can they charge no tax? They must not be familiar with Canadian tax laws?
  • Options
    Walking the milesWalking the miles Toronto Posts: 548
    Just ordered on CDN site. $48 CDN with shipping. Nice, for what looks like a pretty substantial album. Awesome! Thx
    "Feel the path of everyday....which road you taking?"

Barrie, ON '98
    Toronto, ON '00/'03/'06/'09/'11/'16(x2)
    Hamilton, ON '05/'11
    Newark, NJ '10
    London, ON '13
    Buffalo, NY '13
    Detroit, MI '14
    Ottawa, ON '16
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    just preordered this from Soundstage Direct. used the code lp20 and got 20% off. also I live close enough to pick it up from them directly, no shipping involved. Win!
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

I want to buy but almost want to hear the quality first. Does anyone have a sound snippet they can post a link to - anything on youtube?

Cool on the no tax thing but how can they charge no tax? They must not be familiar with Canadian tax laws?

Here's the whole thing. Unfortunately I only have it in mp3. It's a long standing boot, so I don't think there's anything wrong sharing it. https://mega.nz/#F!ZI4RCaoQ!GzTF1HaS95rkh-DcFul92g
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Red Lukin said:

Here's the whole thing. Unfortunately I only have it in mp3. It's a long standing boot, so I don't think there's anything wrong sharing it. https://mega.nz/#F!ZI4RCaoQ!GzTF1HaS95rkh-DcFul92g
    Is that the official one though? I read that this official version is supposed to sound way better than any of the boots....
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Red Lukin said:

Is that the official one though? I read that this official version is supposed to sound way better than any of the boots....
    I don't think they have released any samples of the official version yet.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Red Lukin said:

This is correct as far as I know. It can only be better than this. Plus this is mp3
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Awesome, thanks a lot, but I actually realized I could youtube it. I'm not too concerned about quality, but more of how the sound during this time.

Just listing now actually. Very raw, in a good way.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Still waiting on a shipping notification for the last Vault, but definitely looking forward to this next one.

• Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    ^^ Definitely getting this one. I have been watching these for the acoustic tour Vault to be released. That vinyl is going to sound amazing
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    No 7". I'd take more music over photos.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    FrankieG said:

^^ Definitely getting this one. I have been watching these for the acoustic tour Vault to be released. That vinyl is going to sound amazing

So I"m not a member of the vault but have always considered joining. How does it work? Does the 60 per quarter give you the option to buy the package? Or does the 60 per quarter cover the cost of the product?

FWIW, I have the Fargo acoustic show and it's phenomenal. True acoustic show, very impressive.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    $60 gets you the quarterly package.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin said:

$60 gets you the quarterly package.

I imagine if you don't like the package, it's pretty easy to dump for face on Ebay or something.
  • Options

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

Red Lukin said:

Sorry, can't remember the source, but I think that "review" came out of TMR somehow .... so basically a statement from those releasing it. I normally wouldn't necessarily believe it, but it's TMR.
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

Still waiting on a shipping notification for the last Vault, but definitely looking forward to this next one.

Awesome. I will re-subscribe for that. The JW show I saw in 2014 was one of the best show I've ever been to, so I assume this vault will be good... Better than the Bonnaroo one, just because he babbled and droned on about basically nothing for that festival performance and it kind of ruined large chunks of the album IMO.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    PJ_Soul said:

Awesome. I will re-subscribe for that. The JW show I saw in 2014 was one of the best show I've ever been to, so I assume this vault will be good... Better than the Bonnaroo one, just because he babbled and droned on about basically nothing for that festival performance and it kind of ruined large chunks of the album IMO.

I was at Bonnaroo and his performance was one of the best sets I've ever seen in hundreds of shows I've attended. I can understand not wanting to hear between songs banter on record, but there in the moment, his set was incredible.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

kasedoug said:

I would be thrilled to buy that vinyl from you if you don't like it!
  • Options
    kasedoug said:

PJ_Soul said:

I was at Bonnaroo and his performance was one of the best sets I've ever seen in hundreds of shows I've attended. I can understand not wanting to hear between songs banter on record, but there in the moment, his set was incredible.
    I'm sure it was amazing live. I didn't mean that it wasn't a great show for those who were actually there. If I'd been there I wouldn't have minded. But that "banter" (if you can call it that - I prefer to call it "drivel") is absolutely terrible on an album.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

kasedoug said:

No, because I like the music on it (and that entire package is cool). I just really hate the talking parts. They're stupid and he doesn't pull it off. He comes off like a carny barker when he does that. It's weird. I LOVE him, but stage banter just isn't his strong suit. Luckily most of it is confined to one side of the white disc though, so it's not hard to skip most of it.
    I'm just thinking that this new vault will be better because I don't think Jack tends to talk as much as he did at Bonnaroo.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

kasedoug said:

No, because I like the music on it (and that entire package is cool). I just really hate the talking parts. They're stupid and he doesn't pull it off. He comes off like a carny barker when he does that. It's weird. I LOVE him, but stage banter just isn't his strong suit. Luckily most of it is confined to one side of the white disc though, so it's not hard to skip most of it.
    I'm just thinking that this new vault will be better because I don't Jack tends to talk as much as he did at Bonnaroo.
    I'm sorry, you don't LOVE the Johnny Depp story?? It was strange as that sort of stage talk isn't usually him. He was on a weird mood. I have the show on vinyl rip and skip on through most of it.
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,826
    So I think I am interested in this newest vault, but I have never signed up. Am I correct that this is how it works: I can pay $60 to sign up and receive this vault release. Then, assuming I don't want to stay a member, I can cancel before the July 31 deadline and not be charged again?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,463
    pjpitt89 said:

So I think I am interested in this newest vault, but I have never signed up. Am I correct that this is how it works: I can pay $60 to sign up and receive this vault release. Then, assuming I don't want to stay a member, I can cancel before the July 31 deadline and not be charged again?

You have until April 30th.
    http://thirdmanstore.com/vault/vault-subscriptions/tmr-vault-platinum-subscription