Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    edited February 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Anyone know what's happening with DW tomorrow? There are some crytic tweets that mention 10am.

Seems like it's a video for "Impossible Winner," from the YouTube clips that have been posted.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,878
    Hateful Eight Limited Edition box set is available in Vault Novelties ($250)
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    jjflash said:

Pretty cool but $500 Canadian after ship and bs I don't know.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    jjflash said:

Is it even worth it to purchase?
  • Options

jjflash said:

Is it even worth it to purchase?
    Dunno. Sweet packaging but $250 + shipping is expensive :money: Usually new postings in Vault Novelties get scooped up as quickly as limited PJ merch, but these were posted earlier this afternoon yet are still listed as being available.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Anyone receiving their vaults yet?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    JK_Livin said:

don't think they have started to ship yet, usually they post on the Vault when they start going out. Last word was end of March to start.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

JK_Livin said:

don't think they have started to ship yet, usually they post on the Vault when they start going out. Last word was end of March to start.
    Message posted in Vault today that packages have begun shipping :smiley:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    edited March 2016
    FYI, from srcvinyl (who do a very good job in my experience) and TMR (official release):

The Whites Stripes - The Complete Peel Sessions: BBC 2xLP, ltd white and red vinyl (black vinyl version will be released later). $29.99. Available April 16th, pre-order now. :) (Canadians order from srcvinyl.ca - cheaper!)

Tracklisting:

Vol. I

Let's Shake Hands
    When I Hear My Name
    Jolene
    Death Letter
    Cannon
    Astro/Jack the Ripper
    Hotel Yorba
    I'm Finding It Hard To Be A Gentleman
    Screwdriver
    We're Going to be Friends
    You're Pretty Good Looking
    Boll Weevil
    Hello Operator
    Baby Blue

Vol. II
    Lord, Send Me An Angel
    Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
    I Think I Smell A Rat
    Let's Build a Home/Goin' Back to Memphis
    Little Room
    The Union Forever
    The Same Boy You've Always Known
    Look Me Over Closely
    Looking At You
    St. James Infirmary Blue
    Apple Blossom
    Do
    Rated X
    Jumble, Jumble
    Little People

https://www.srcvinyl.com/the-white-stripes-the-complete-peel-sessions-bbc-2xlp.html?utm_source=srcvinyl+Online+Store&utm_campaign=0e68c35f54-Limited_White_Stripes_Gwen_Stefanie_Emin3_31_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c8fadc889f-0e68c35f54-56936733&mc_cid=0e68c35f54&mc_eid=1513a8da56

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    PJ_Soul said:

FYI, from srcvinyl (who do a very good job in my experience) and TMR:

The Whites Stripes - The Complete Peel Sessions: BBC 2xLP, white and red vinyl. $29.99. Available April 16th, pre-order now. :)

Tracklisting:

Vol. I

Let's Shake Hands
    When I Hear My Name
    Jolene
    Death Letter
    Cannon
    Astro/Jack the Ripper
    Hotel Yorba
    I'm Finding It Hard To Be A Gentleman
    Screwdriver
    We're Going to be Friends
    You're Pretty Good Looking
    Boll Weevil
    Hello Operator
    Baby Blue

Vol. II
    Lord, Send Me An Angel
    Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground
    I Think I Smell A Rat
    Let's Build a Home/Goin' Back to Memphis
    Little Room
    The Union Forever
    The Same Boy You've Always Known
    Look Me Over Closely
    Looking At You
    St. James Infirmary Blue
    Apple Blossom
    Do
    Rated X
    Jumble, Jumble
    Little People

https://www.srcvinyl.com/the-white-stripes-the-complete-peel-sessions-bbc-2xlp.html?utm_source=srcvinyl+Online+Store&utm_campaign=0e68c35f54-Limited_White_Stripes_Gwen_Stefanie_Emin3_31_2016&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c8fadc889f-0e68c35f54-56936733&mc_cid=0e68c35f54&mc_eid=1513a8da56

Whoa! Save me the RSD hassle. Says it's the colored vinyl. Is this place legit? Have you used them before?
  • Options
    It's very legit. They are very good. I actually got the last album I preordered from them before the release date.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

It's very legit. They are very good. I actually got the last album I preordered from them before the release date.

Order complete! Changes my AM plans in Greenville on the 16th now! Thanks everyone. I'm thrilled.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Order complete! Changes my AM plans in Greenville on the 16th now! Thanks everyone. I'm thrilled.
    Yay!
    I grabbed one too. Pretty steep for Canadians with the exchange rate (will probably end up being almost $70 CAD), but probably still worth it. Sounds like a really cool item. EDIT!!! I forgot, srcvinyl has a canadian website too, and it's much cheaper this way. :) Find that sale here: https://www.srcvinyl.ca/music/the-white-stripes-the-complete-peel-sessions-bbc-2xlp.html
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yay!
    I grabbed one too. Pretty steep for Canadians with the exchange rate (will probably end up being almost $70 CAD), but probably still worth it. Sounds like a really cool item. EDIT!!! I forgot, srcvinyl has a canadian website too, and it's much cheaper this way. :) Find that sale here: https://www.srcvinyl.ca/music/the-white-stripes-the-complete-peel-sessions-bbc-2xlp.html
    JW takes great care with his vinyl releases I think. I don't have them all, but the ones I have are great. I expect no less, and White Blood Cells is my favorite WS release, so this is perfect.
  • Options
    TMR indicated the colored vinyl was limited to RSD and standard vinyl out later this year, I'm curious how many were pressed.
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yay!
    How much did that end up coming to in CAD?
  • Options

TMR indicated the colored vinyl was limited to RSD and standard vinyl out later this year, I'm curious how many were pressed.

So what are we thinking here? Can this website sell RSD albums or is that strictly walk in? Or is the criteria simply "independent"? The site says red/white album...
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

So what are we thinking here? Can this website sell RSD albums or is that strictly walk in? Or is the criteria simply "independent"? The site says red/white album...
    I'm just curious if they will get enough in to cover all orders. Worth the risk either way.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Cool piece, but I've had my fill of live White Stripes with the various Vault packages. None of them sound amazing.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Cool piece, but I've had my fill of live White Stripes with the various Vault packages. None of them sound amazing.

True dat, but I was thinking this is going to be in the BBC studio so optimal environment. Other BBC sessions I've head are nice, from other bands.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    hinsey21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yay!
    $57 CAD or so, including the expedited shipping (there was a slightly cheaper shipping option than that, as well as some more expensive ones). The item without shipping was about $39 CAD.
  • Options
    edited March 2016

mrussel1 said:

I'm just curious if they will get enough in to cover all orders. Worth the risk either way.
    I emailed srcvinyl and asked how sure they were that they'd have these since it's an RSD release, and the response was:
    "We were told they are making a ton of them so we will get copies. That's all I know."
    I took the "that's all I know" part to suggest that they have their methods but they're not about to tell me what they are, lol.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

DewieCox said:

True dat, but I was thinking this is going to be in the BBC studio so optimal environment. Other BBC sessions I've head are nice, from other bands.
    Yeah, BBC sessions are always good in my experience.
  • Options
    FWIW, the bootleg of session 1 gets high marks on Discgogs 4.8/5 on limited reviews.

https://www.discogs.com/White-Stripes-First-Peel-Session/release/1047727
  • Options
    hinsey21hinsey21 Posts: 582
    PJ_Soul said:

hinsey21 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yay!
    $57 CAD or so, including the expedited shipping (there was a slightly cheaper shipping option than that, as well as some more expensive ones). The item without shipping was about $39 CAD.
    Cool, thank you
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yay!
    Got one!
    Thanks Soul another triumph!
    Your awesome lady :)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Options
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yay!
    Got one!
    Thanks Soul another triumph!
    Your awesome lady :)
    :plus_one:
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    edited March 2016
    thanks for the heads up.
    WS live from this period are hands down at the top of their game.
    I saw them in a club in 2001 around the time this was recorded. if you want a great soundboard boot search your fave download site for this set. it was the best club show I have ever seen and I have seen Radiohead, Foos, etc in clubs.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-white-stripes/2001/stella-blue-asheville-nc-4bde3326.html

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yea, me too.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I payed 29.99 plus shipping for this on srv.
    Now it says 38.99.
    Anyone see this?

https://www.srcvinyl.ca/music/the-white-stripes-the-complete-peel-sessions-bbc-2xlp.html

Post edited by RobbyD462 on