Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    pjpitt89 said:

So I think I am interested in this newest vault, but I have never signed up. Am I correct that this is how it works: I can pay $60 to sign up and receive this vault release. Then, assuming I don't want to stay a member, I can cancel before the July 31 deadline and not be charged again?

The vault renews on the 90 days from that date you signed up. So if you sign up today for this vault, you would have to cancel before 90 days from today. A lot of people sign up close to the end of the order date so they can see if they want to opt out of the vault package if they don't like it. The vault package is usually announced in the beginning of the order month, next one will be posted early in July.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

kasedoug said:

Still waiting on a shipping notification for the last Vault, but definitely looking forward to this next one.

Awesome. I will re-subscribe for that. The JW show I saw in 2014 was one of the best show I've ever been to, so I assume this vault will be good... Better than the Bonnaroo one, just because he babbled and droned on about basically nothing for that festival performance and it kind of ruined large chunks of the album IMO.
    I would be thrilled to buy that vinyl from you if you don't like it!
    No, because I like the music on it (and that entire package is cool). I just really hate the talking parts. They're stupid and he doesn't pull it off. He comes off like a carny barker when he does that. It's weird. I LOVE him, but stage banter just isn't his strong suit. Luckily most of it is confined to one side of the white disc though, so it's not hard to skip most of it.
    I'm just thinking that this new vault will be better because I don't think Jack tends to talk as much as he did at Bonnaroo.
    What you don't have anything better to do?

*pun entirely intended*
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,852
    scurtis said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

PJ_Soul said:

kasedoug said:

Still waiting on a shipping notification for the last Vault, but definitely looking forward to this next one.

Awesome. I will re-subscribe for that. The JW show I saw in 2014 was one of the best show I've ever been to, so I assume this vault will be good... Better than the Bonnaroo one, just because he babbled and droned on about basically nothing for that festival performance and it kind of ruined large chunks of the album IMO.
    I would be thrilled to buy that vinyl from you if you don't like it!
    No, because I like the music on it (and that entire package is cool). I just really hate the talking parts. They're stupid and he doesn't pull it off. He comes off like a carny barker when he does that. It's weird. I LOVE him, but stage banter just isn't his strong suit. Luckily most of it is confined to one side of the white disc though, so it's not hard to skip most of it.
    I'm just thinking that this new vault will be better because I don't think Jack tends to talk as much as he did at Bonnaroo.
    What you don't have anything better to do?

*pun entirely intended*
    "Am I doing my job?"
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    I was at Jack's Bonnaroo set, and I also own that Vault package. This set was definitley one of th nest shows I have ever been to. Yes you had to have been there to really get the whole experience. I enjoyed the stage banter a lot actually, it really fit into the atmosphere at the festival. It definitley added value to the whole experience. I watched the live stream of his Coachella set the following year and it seemed like he blasted through the songs and then got off the stage as quickly as possible. When I listen to the Bonnaroo vinyl I get transported back to the farm and that set. I can see my exact view of where I was standing in the What field. I can feel the feelings that I had during that set. I absolutely loved every minute of that set, and I hope that I can come close to that level of enjoyment for other bands well into the future..

To answer the technical Vault questions, yes you can order this one, use the member benefits for 3 months, and then cancel. I am going to wait another week before I order to that the next quarter package will be announced before I cancel. I set a calendar reminder in my phone. They should email you, but I like to make double sure.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,507
    My #27 package just came and unless i missed something came with an extra 7"

I got the Let me Through/Be Still single and also Impossible Winner/Mile Markers single in a white sleeve

anyone else?
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,507

My #27 package just came and unless i missed something came with an extra 7"

I got the Let me Through/Be Still single and also Impossible Winner/Mile Markers single in a white sleeve

anyone else?

Nevermind. Didn't even realize the previous vault 7" was a mispress
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    I didn't get my replacement because I didn't get this vault.
    Kinda lame
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Even if you didn't get the most recent Vault I believe we are still getting it replaced.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    FrankieG said:

I was at Jack's Bonnaroo set, and I also own that Vault package. This set was definitley one of th nest shows I have ever been to. Yes you had to have been there to really get the whole experience. I enjoyed the stage banter a lot actually, it really fit into the atmosphere at the festival. It definitley added value to the whole experience. I watched the live stream of his Coachella set the following year and it seemed like he blasted through the songs and then got off the stage as quickly as possible. When I listen to the Bonnaroo vinyl I get transported back to the farm and that set. I can see my exact view of where I was standing in the What field. I can feel the feelings that I had during that set. I absolutely loved every minute of that set, and I hope that I can come close to that level of enjoyment for other bands well into the future..

To answer the technical Vault questions, yes you can order this one, use the member benefits for 3 months, and then cancel. I am going to wait another week before I order to that the next quarter package will be announced before I cancel. I set a calendar reminder in my phone. They should email you, but I like to make double sure.

The show I saw was also one of the best shows I have ever been too, but it wasn't a festival and he kept his trap shut for the most part, and it was phenomenal. :lol:;)
    It's just a personal thing maybe. I think JW gets a really weird thing going on when he talks on stage. He gets this weird carnival-like lilt and tone to his voice that I think sounds disingenuous and rubs me the wrong way. Plus I have never heard him say anything particularly interesting on stage, in all of the vids and recordings I've heard (I'm sure it $so happened- I just haven't heard it). So that's why I don't like it. But JW live without the banter is phenomenal for sure. That was maybe the second or third best concert I've ever been to.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Even if you didn't get the most recent Vault I believe we are still getting it replaced.

Sweet that makes me feel better thanks
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

The show I saw was also one of the best shows I have ever been too, but it wasn't a festival and he kept his trap shut for the most part, and it was phenomenal. :lol:;)
    It's just a personal thing maybe. I think JW gets a really weird thing going on when he talks on stage. He gets this weird carnival-like lilt and tone to his voice that I think sounds disingenuous and rubs me the wrong way. Plus I have never heard him say anything particularly interesting on stage, in all of the vids and recordings I've heard (I'm sure it $so happened- I just haven't heard it). So that's why I don't like it. But JW live without the banter is phenomenal for sure. That was maybe the second or third best concert I've ever been to.
    Was that the Deer Lake show Soul?
    Great show just too short but that's Deer Lake for you.
    Im going to the Lumineers there on June 1

• Options
    edited April 2016
    RobbyD462 said:

PJ_Soul said:

FrankieG said:

Was that the Deer Lake show Soul?
    Great show just too short but that's Deer Lake for you.
    Im going to the Lumineers there on June 1
    Yes, and it wasn't too short for me because I won early entry and was on the center rail. The crowd was NUTS up there, like '90s nuts almost, so anything longer would have been too much. But if I'd not been up front and getting crushed and kicked in the head and landed on by surfers the whole time, yes, it would have been too short! As it was, the crazy crowd was a big factor in making it one of the best shows, because the crazier the better, IMO. :)
    I hate deer Lake shows. Such a pain to get to, early curfew... but at least the sound is always pretty good (in my experience, anyway), and it's a pretty venue I guess.... as long as you don't have to go to the bathroom, anyway.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JD104156JD104156 Posts: 3
    Got my delivery today. Man what a great package! This setup is incredible. Haven't spun them yet however. These types of vault packages make it well worth the $60 quarterly fee. Bravo TMR. Bravo
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Received and email about shipping on 4/5 and still haven't received anything. I tracked it and all it shows is a label created on 3/9.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    edited April 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Received and email about shipping on 4/5 and still haven't received anything. I tracked it and all it shows is a label created on 3/9.

It seems a lot of people have this same issue, me included. I'm just waiting on the announcement that they have finished shipping to contact them. TMR has to be aware of it by now.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just received this from TMR;

Vault Team (Third Man Records)
    Apr 14, 09:17

Hi Thomas,
    Thank you for your message. We are currently shipping packages, however the pace has slowed due to not receiving 7" records from the pressing plant at the expected rate. We're receiving them daily, albeit in smaller numbers, and are working as fast as we can to get your package shipped out. I sincerely apologize for the delay, and appreciate your patience!

Thanks again for reaching out, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,
    TMR
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,047
    Its probably the last Vault replacement 7". Mine was in my package.

• Options

Its probably the last Vault replacement 7". Mine was in my package.

Still waiting for mine....

• Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Anybody get a shipping confirmation from Bull Moose for the Peel Sessions? I saw they quit taking preorders. I'm wondering if they are waiting until after all the RSD craziness today to start shipping them.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    The whole situation with the Peel Sessions is weird. Not being on the official list means that their submission was maybe late or rejected. Not being on the list means that you dont have to stick to their rules. It can be sold online, pre ordered etc. They obviously wanted it out for RSD but sounds like it was delayed in the factory as both the US and UK distribution struggled a bit. I think a lot of places didnt know about it so didnt know to try and order. I wouldnt be sure all of the online pre orders will be filled.
  • Options
    My preorder status is now "processing" (src).
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

My preorder status is now "processing" (src).

Nothing for me yet

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,047
    I bet they go out tomorrow. If they don't they are gonna get caught up in the glut of RSD orders hitting that site tomorrow.
  • Options
    Mine says "processing" as well, from SRC Vinyl, the US site.

I talked to "Gene" from Horizon Records in Greenville SC Sat morning when I was there (Ed gave him lots of love last night). He told me that TMR sent the records out really late. They didn't get theirs until Friday and they are not that far from Nashville (although not sure where they press, to be honest). I guess my point is that it's very possible the distributor hasn't received them or is still processing, etc.
  • Options
    BrainOfJHABrainOfJHA KC Posts: 695
    Received shipping confirmation from Bull Moose this morning.
  • Options
    Anyone get a positive shipping from SRC yet? I'm still 'processing'...
  • Options
    Mine is still processing as well

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Mine says 'processing' from the Canadian site, but when I emailed they said I'll get it in about 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

Mine says 'processing' from the Canadian site, but when I emailed they said I'll get it in about 2 weeks.

Cool, thanks for the update. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I pre ordered the Death From Above 1979 live at Third Man and the new Vault today!

class="Quote" rel="PJ_Soul">
    Red Lukin said:

Cool, thanks for the update. :)

This good news!