Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Just got an email from hhv.de who I pre-ordered the Peel sessions with. Says there is a delay. Usually that means I'm not getting it. Terrific.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    FR181798 said:

Just got an email from hhv.de who I pre-ordered the Peel sessions with. Says there is a delay. Usually that means I'm not getting it. Terrific.

That does suck. I hope that's not how it all plays out. I guess the redeeming thing is that a black version will be available later in the year.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    mrussel1 said:

Mine says "processing" as well, from SRC Vinyl, the US site.

I talked to "Gene" from Horizon Records in Greenville SC Sat morning when I was there (Ed gave him lots of love last night). He told me that TMR sent the records out really late. They didn't get theirs until Friday and they are not that far from Nashville (although not sure where they press, to be honest). I guess my point is that it's very possible the distributor hasn't received them or is still processing, etc.

Old Gene is a lovable curmudgeon.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    Turntablelab sent me a shipping email. Should be spinning it soon!

Thanks, Daniel!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

Turntablelab sent me a shipping email. Should be spinning it soon!

Thanks, Daniel!

You lucky, lucky bastard...
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    Still no update for SRC still processing....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    edited April 2016
    The release of the Peel Sessions has been a bit of a shambles. Third Man seem to tweet about everything else. How difficult would it be to send out a twitter/facebook message or a post on their website to explain A. If this was a RSD only item. B. Why this wasnt on the official list and therefore not ordered by loads of stores and C. If there are more copies still to be distributed. The fact it was never on sale at their own online shop probably indicates that if you never got one in a bricks and mortar shop you will probably have to buy on ebay.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

The release of the Peel Sessions has been a bit of a shambles. Third Man seem to tweet about everything else. How difficult would it be to send out a twitter/facebook message or a post on their website to explain A. If this was a RSD only item. B. Why this wasnt on the official list and therefore not ordered by loads of stores and C. If there are more copies still to be distributed. The fact it was never on sale at their own online shop probably indicates that if you never got one in a bricks and mortar shop you will probably have to buy on ebay.

Agreed, but at the same time remember that it will be available widely in black later this year. So not the awesome red/white, but at least you can get the music without paying an arm and a leg.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,040
    They didn't know if it was gonna be pressed in time for RSD so they kept it off the list. Stores did have the opportunity to order it, but the distributors couldn't fill every order because not enough were ready. So in the end it wasn't everywhere, but it will be in the next week or so. Bullmoose said they were getting more this week.
  • Options
    Also, can we talk about the JW3/beyonce collaboration on her new album here.

Wowzers. Whatta track.
  • Options
    Still no word form SRC vinyl on my order might have to make a phone call tomorrow.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

• Options

They didn't know if it was gonna be pressed in time for RSD so they kept it off the list. Stores did have the opportunity to order it, but the distributors couldn't fill every order because not enough were ready. So in the end it wasn't everywhere, but it will be in the next week or so. Bullmoose said they were getting more this week.

Did bullmoose tell you all this because it would have been good for third man to communicate this. I wonder how many fans have paid 2 or 3 times the rrp because of a lack of info.
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    RobbyD462 said:

Still no word form SRC vinyl on my order might have to make a phone call tomorrow.

Not that it should matter, but did you order from the Canadian or American site?
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    scurtis said:

RobbyD462 said:

Not that it should matter, but did you order from the Canadian or American site?
    Canadian site

• Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I just called Soundstage Direct and they said mine is being shipped today.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    scurtis said:

RobbyD462 said:

It could matter a tiny bit. If the delay is about it not being sent to stores on time, there would be a bit more of a delay for Canadian stores because it would have to go through customs.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,279
    record store said they have mine on hold, i'll pick it up soon.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,436
    RobbyD462 said:

scurtis said:

RobbyD462 said:

Canadian site
    Me too, curious to know what they say, let me know if you don't mind.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I just received my Vault package. Wow, what a beautiful looking set.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Local record store in Toronto said Peel seasons have been delayed to May6.
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,909
    Saw that a local record store in my area got their copies in over the weekend.
  • Options
    Okay, so sounds like they are starting to trickle into where they're supposed to be. That's good. :)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Bull moose got more. Order now
  • Options

Bull moose got more. Order now

THANK YOU!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I got an update from srcvinyl canada about the Peel Sessions (same applies to US): They should be receiving them (TONS of them!) on Monday or Tuesday. No worries at all about getting this one. Simple delay in initial distribution.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I got an update from srcvinyl canada about the Peel Sessions (same applies to US): They should be receiving them (TONS of them!) on Monday or Tuesday. No worries at all about getting this one. Simple delay in initial distribution.

Well I guess I will be getting two of them!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Thanks for the update! :)

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Tomorrow is the deadline for the latest Vault. Good time to get in, and you won't be auto charged before they announce the next package.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,152
    DewieCox said:

Tomorrow is the deadline for the latest Vault. Good time to get in, and you won't be auto charged before they announce the next package.

Yeah I was thinking about doing this but jack acoustic doesn't blow my mind really. I'm still tempted but I'll keep checking to see what the next few releases are. I haven't read much of this thread but is it worth it for the cost?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

DewieCox said:

Yeah I was thinking about doing this but jack acoustic doesn't blow my mind really. I'm still tempted but I'll keep checking to see what the next few releases are. I haven't read much of this thread but is it worth it for the cost?
    I have a recording and video of the North Dakota acoustic and I think they are phenomenal, the four together. I was super excited to join for this show.

Got my Peel Session from Bull Moose today. Spinning now. Thanks everyone for all the tips.