Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I got a shipping confirmation from TMR yesterday. Only thing I've ordered is the Vault package. Seems soon after the deadline.
    #FHP
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    It was just a replacement single I didn't know I was getting.
    #FHP
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,801
    Horos said:

It was just a replacement single I didn't know I was getting.

I've still get to hear anything about that.
    I'm sure I'll be moved by the time they get around to it lol
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Dang, just got an address confirmation for the Vault. Sounds like they are shipping pretty soon, and way earlier than any Vault I've signed up for.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,040
    last quarter wanted confirmation early, but shipped normal. I'm not expecting it until the end of June.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,877
    PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

TMR indicated the colored vinyl was limited to RSD and standard vinyl out later this year, I'm curious how many were pressed.

So what are we thinking here? Can this website sell RSD albums or is that strictly walk in? Or is the criteria simply "independent"? The site says red/white album...
    I'm just curious if they will get enough in to cover all orders. Worth the risk either way.
    I emailed srcvinyl and asked how sure they were that they'd have these since it's an RSD release, and the response was:
    "We were told they are making a ton of them so we will get copies. That's all I know."
    I took the "that's all I know" part to suggest that they have their methods but they're not about to tell me what they are, lol.
    Placed a pre-order w/ SRC on 4/1. Completely forgot about it until yesterday when I received a shipping notice from them :smiley:
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,832
    edited June 2016
    jjflash said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

TMR indicated the colored vinyl was limited to RSD and standard vinyl out later this year, I'm curious how many were pressed.

So what are we thinking here? Can this website sell RSD albums or is that strictly walk in? Or is the criteria simply "independent"? The site says red/white album...
    I'm just curious if they will get enough in to cover all orders. Worth the risk either way.
    I emailed srcvinyl and asked how sure they were that they'd have these since it's an RSD release, and the response was:
    "We were told they are making a ton of them so we will get copies. That's all I know."
    I took the "that's all I know" part to suggest that they have their methods but they're not about to tell me what they are, lol.
    Placed a pre-order w/ SRC on 4/1. Completely forgot about it until yesterday when I received a shipping notice from them :smiley:
    It's funny, on Friday I finally messaged them telling them to cancel my order. I happened to get it from Bull Moose already. They didn't answer but yesterday magically got the shipping confirmation. So I guess I'll have two. It's really a nice record. It's almost purple, like the Mad Season, rather than the red we are used to from JW.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    mrussel1 said:

jjflash said:

PJ_Soul said:

mrussel1 said:

It's funny, on Friday I finally messaged them telling them to cancel my order. I happened to get it from Bull Moose already. They didn't answer but yesterday magically got the shipping confirmation. So I guess I'll have two. It's really a nice record. It's almost purple, like the Mad Season, rather than the red we are used to from JW.
    I did the same, except I had not bought it from Bull Moose yet. Two weeks ago said it would ship any day. Then emailed them to cancel Tuesday and then got shipping notice yesterday.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    Got my copy of The Peel record a week or two ago from hhv in Germany. Great shop who usually come through with limited stuff like this.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    hopefully receive my copy for SRC this week. been waiting for 2 months now.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Got my shipping notice for the most recent Vault. Must be shipping internationally and reverse alphabetically this time.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:

Got my shipping notice for the most recent Vault. Must be shipping internationally and reverse alphabetically this time.

Do you mean the acoustic shows? #28?? Please say yes...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    mrussel1 said:

FR181798 said:

Vaults started shipping a day or tow ago, international by first name, then domestic
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

FR181798 said:

Vaults started shipping a day or tow ago, international by first name, then domestic
    Awesome. I ripped the audio and video from the North Dakota show and I love it. They say that's lossless but I'm not sure. This will be top notch.
  • Options
    H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Third Man has been doing some rad shitty lately. Can't wait for the Melvins reissues!!
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Canada has finally received The Peel sessions!! Just got this email

'Your srcvinyl Canada order has been marked as Shipped'
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    Red Lukin said:

Canada has finally received The Peel sessions!! Just got this email

'Your srcvinyl Canada order has been marked as Shipped'

Holy crap, it's a miracle, lol.
    In a way I don't mind this, just because the expense is so far behind me that it almost feels like I'm getting a free surprise. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Just received it. :) Can't wait to get it home and spin it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I just got it yesterday. Only had time for one full spin but it sounds amazing. Lots of great covers and a lot of quick hard rockin tunes!
  • Options
    I only got a chance to listen to Side A, but I really liked what I heard. Disc 1 has some manufacturing flaws on it though. Side B has these kind of light brown streaks on it here and there, and Side A actually has this little dark lump on it (like a cancerous tumour, lol). It's maybe the size of a pin head. I actually thought there was no way it wouldn't make the needle jump across half the record, but somehow it made it through without too much trouble. I haven't looked at disc 2 yet.
  • Options
    Ouch. I had it one while I was busy. It has a live sound so I didn't notice any flaws. I noticed the third man disks don't come too clean, but after a good wash it should be good. I definitely didn't hear what you heard.

I actually ordered it twice and just got an email that my second copy is in. I'll sell it for cost if anyone is interested. I paid $35 cnd plus tax so $40 if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    The acoustic vault is beautiful. Didn't expect it at the doorstep this morning
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:

Ouch. I had it one while I was busy. It has a live sound so I didn't notice any flaws. I noticed the third man disks don't come too clean, but after a good wash it should be good. I definitely didn't hear what you heard.

I actually ordered it twice and just got an email that my second copy is in. I'll sell it for cost if anyone is interested. I paid $35 cnd plus tax so $40 if anyone is interested.

There was nothing wrong with what I heard (maybe a thump when it went over that bump). Sounds fine. It just looks like shit, lol. Like the white vinyl has tobacco stains.
  • Options

Are you in the States?
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    mrussel1 said:

Are you in the States?
    Yes....PA
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Got my Vault yesterday....can't listen to the vinyl for a bit, but can't wait to check out the dvd. Wish the pic book was as nice as the DW from the Vault awhile back, but it's still pretty neat.
  • Options
    Damn, this dvd is really cool. Perfect vibe for Jacky and the material and the best sound of any JW related live material I've heard. Only a couple songs in, but that's my impressions so far. The rest will have to wait for later.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Damn, this dvd is really cool. Perfect vibe for Jacky and the material and the best sound of any JW related live material I've heard. Only a couple songs in, but that's my impressions so far. The rest will have to wait for later.

My only complaint would be the fact that it's a DVD. We're pretty far into the blu ray era, and considering his obsession with quality, I would have hoped it extended to the visual as well.

I'm nit picking...
  • Options
    Fair critique....It's cool for JW to hold on to the old formats, but once it's digital he should go for the best format available. It's not like he's shipping out old timey hand cranked picture boxes.
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Fair critique....It's cool for JW to hold on to the old formats, but once it's digital he should go for the best format available. It's not like he's shipping out old timey hand cranked picture boxes.

The hand cranked picture boxes are for Vault 30. The PJ vault.