Options

Jack White/ThirdMan/THE VAULT

Comments

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    http://video.pbs.org/video/2318684130

Jack Whites performance for ACL TV that premiered last night on PBS....
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    If anyone hasn't seen the movie, The Silver Linings Playbook, Hotel Operator and Fell in Love with a Girl are in it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761

Not in Canada...I was waiting for it and It never played.

I'll be looking for a broadcast north of the border...
  • Options
    so how does this work again? I got package #14. Am I automatically up for #15 unless I cancel, or do I have to order again?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    so how does this work again? I got package #14. Am I automatically up for #15 unless I cancel, or do I have to order again?

You're automatically signed up unless you cancel. I think you need to cancel this week to not be renewed automatically.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Heisenberg wrote:

You're automatically signed up unless you cancel. I think you need to cancel this week to not be renewed automatically.

I signed up on October 30 and my next quarter is set to process on January 30, so it seems like the auto-renewal is set for every 3 months.

You can check, go to the Vault page.... modlife.com/thevault>My Account>My Control Center>My Subscription

It'll have your renewal date towards the bottom of that page.
  • Options
    cool. thanks dudes.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,385

Holy crap. Just watched this. Un-frickin-credible. During the post show interview, it's kinda fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure that's a picture of Ed on the wall when PJ did ACL.
  • Options
    http://teamcoco.com/video/serious-jibbe ... jack-white

What looks to be a nice long interview with Conan
  • Options
    jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,181
    jervin007 wrote:
    Just found my inverted lightening bolt shipping confirmation in my spam folder. Despite requesting to have my mail forwarded for the few weeks I am going for the holidays, it looks like they still delivered it to my apartment building on the 17th. Which means someone probably took it. Crossing my fingers the mailman took it back to the facility.

So my inverted lightening bolt vinyls finally arrived to my forwarded address. Con is that the packing was all beat to shit and the vinyl severely bent/warped, but not broken. Emailed Third Man, but not expecting any sort of positive resolution.

Anyone know how to mold vinyl flat again?
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:
    Just found my inverted lightening bolt shipping confirmation in my spam folder. Despite requesting to have my mail forwarded for the few weeks I am going for the holidays, it looks like they still delivered it to my apartment building on the 17th. Which means someone probably took it. Crossing my fingers the mailman took it back to the facility.

So my inverted lightening bolt vinyls finally arrived to my forwarded address. Con is that the packing was all beat to shit and the vinyl severely bent/warped, but not broken. Emailed Third Man, but not expecting any sort of positive resolution.

Third man is great with stuff like this. Probably the best customer service out there.

I wouldn't be surprised if they send you a new one without hassle.
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Hobbes wrote:

Holy crap. Just watched this. Un-frickin-credible. During the post show interview, it's kinda fuzzy, but I'm pretty sure that's a picture of Ed on the wall when PJ did ACL.

Good eye, I didn't even notice the picture of Ed! God, I could watch Jack White every night for the rest of my life. He's in a league of his own. Both his bands are incredible and fun. What a great year 2012 was for him too....curious to see what he does next.
  • Options
    Anyone interested in a sealed Karen Elson Peach colored and scented "Ghost Who Walks..." LP?

I'm asking $125 plus shipping. Let me know via PM.

Cheers,
    -DMW
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

Third man is great with stuff like this. Probably the best customer service out there.

That would be cool. I know Third Man isn't liable, and its on USPS that it took a month to forward it two hours north...and it arrived all f'd up. We'll see!
    PJ:
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

• Options
    My wife got me the Dead Weather and Raconteurs CD's for Christmas. I had never heard them before. I really like all the music but the Dead Weather does a little more for me.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Good News: I just won A split De Stijl in a raffle. :D

Bad News: I hope I didn't use all my luck up on this as I'm still waiting to get word about Pearl Jam London tickets.... :|
  • Options
    jervin007 wrote:
    jervin007 wrote:

Dude, thank you so much for encouraging me to contact Third Man. Didn't expect them to hook me up with a replacement order, but they did without question. Just had to send the damaged records back to Nashville. New copies arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier. Here are a few pics of how the vinyl arrived courtesy of the USPS.

7b58b5b9-1f74-4cbf-a9f3-76028240d4ad_zpsee5eed29.jpg

c6d96e45-4b3d-4a17-8ef6-18f150bc6a1b_zpse044f3e8.jpg
    PJ:

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,984
    These Document reissues are phenomenal. Love them. Got a red Shieks in my bundle too.
  • Options
    Anyone receive the current Vault package yet?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    JK_Livin wrote:

I have a feeling it won't start shipping until some time later in March
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

I have a feeling it won't start shipping until some time later in March

Ok, maybe my vault timeline is off. I think it's end of Jan, April, July and October. I received Octobers before Christmas so that would put Jan's near the end of March.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jack speaks to Rolling Stone about many different things, including his walk off at Radio City:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-jack-white-on-new-dead-weather-and-solo-tracks-radio-city-walkoff-20130226
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    ^^ interesting read
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Vault packages are getting ready to be shipped. Get those addresses updated if they've changed
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Yup, yup. Can't wait!

And as far as customer service they are world class. My JW Live at Third Man Records Lenticular cover came but there was a huge gash in it across JAck. Pretty much ruined the whole look of it so I emailed them and the next day they sent out an entire new cover free of charge. Although I got excited since it was sealed and thought maybe they gave me another LP in there, ha. :oops:
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    Third Man is putting out Elephant as a RSD exclusive this year- Nice
  • Options

The description of it sounds awesome. I hope I can get my hands on one.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:

The description of it sounds awesome. I hope I can get my hands on one.

Now hopefully they will find a way to release Get Behind Me Satan.
  • Options
    http://youtu.be/KLAkxSjs8ZY

Is that Jack White I hear? Anyone know the song?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Now hopefully they will find a way to release Get Behind Me Satan.

In the email I got from Third Man announcing the RSD release it seems like they were foreshadowing the reissue of the rest of the White Stripes catalog for later this year.

I'm so ready for GBMS. Got the rest of the stuff I'm interested in from them and it's about the biggest glaring hole in my entire collection. Hell I considered buying the super rare pressing he has/had in stock at the store in Nashville.